Our remaining schedule is SOFT....and thats so disappointing

Armyjet

Our opponents W-L record for the rest of the year is 29-34 and when you exclude the Pats it is 17-32.  What is so frustrating is that I envision us winning just enough games to keep things interesting and then finish at 7-9 with a terrible draft pick and nothing to show for it.  I can see us going into the bye at 5-5 and full of false hope only to be fitzmagicked again and getting buried by the Pats down the stretch.  Does it make me a bad fan that I kind of want the train to come off the tracks so we can save the future?

Just now, Armyjet said:

Our opponents W-L record for the rest of the year is 29-34 and when you exclude the Pats it is 17-32.  What is so frustrating is that I envision us winning just enough games to keep things interesting and then finish at 7-9 with a terrible draft pick and nothing to show for it.  I can see us going into the bye at 5-5 and full of false hope only to be fitzmagicked again and getting buried by the Pats down the stretch.  Does it make me a bad fan that I kind of want the train to come off the tracks so we can save the future?

1. What is the definition of a terrible draft pick?

2. I had them going 7-9 this year anyway.

3. If you don't want to be teased, don't expect it to happen

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

1. What is the definition of a terrible draft pick?

2. I had them going 7-9 this year anyway.

3. If you don't want to be teased, don't expect it to happen

So you'd rather be mired in mediocrity for the forseeable future?

1 minute ago, Armyjet said:

Id rather have 5-6 years of sustained succes with a full rebuild than 10 years of false hopes and desperate FA acquisitions

Unfortunately, you are in the minority. FO is afraid if they do a full rebuild, fans wont come to games and they will not make money

No team can do it. Yankees can't do it, Knicks can't do it.

The Mets have been the only team that did it, and that was only because Madoff stole a ton on money from the owners, so they couldnt afford free agents.

The real root of the problem is that teams cant seem to develop QBs anymore from the middle rounds, outside of some longshots (Wilson and Prescott)

Joe Montana: 3rd round

Randall Cunningham: 2nd round

Drew Brees: 2nd round

Hell, even late 1st round picks are now "bad picks" 

Flacco and Rodgers were both drafted late first round. Big Ben was drafted outside the top ten

So people believe the only way you can get a franchise QB is to suck and than draft top ten.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The real root of the problem is that teams cant seem to develop QBs anymore from the middle rounds, outside of some longshots (Wilson and Prescott)

Joe Montana: 3rd round

Randall Cunningham: 2nd round

Drew Brees: 2nd round

Or the fact that the jets can't develop any players outside of the 1st round.  Every player on this roster who has contributed in a major way has been a 1st rounder outside of David Harrris and maybe Bilal Powell.

1 minute ago, Armyjet said:

quite the oxymoron right?

It's a view I will never understand.

Final game, we're 1-14, and 1-15 gives us the #1 overall pick?  Ok, I could come round to "yeah, it's fine if we lose, I guess".

2-5, and you're mad your team still wants/plays to win?  Because something something draft pick, as if that's our savior going forward?

Let me put it another way, if we have Coaches and players who pack it in at 2-5, and "play for 2017", then we have far bigger problems than a 2-5 record.  The kind of problems one draft pick a few slots higher than otherwise will not fix.

I'd say stop rooting against your own team, but that's the trendy thing on JN this year.  

What will be, will be.  Rooting for loses won't give us a Franchise QB.

Just now, Armyjet said:

Or the fact that the jets can't develop any players outside of the 1st round.  Every player on this roster who has contributed in a major way has been a 1st rounder outside of David Harrris and maybe Bilal Powell.

And that is beginning to change. With the young WRs (Plus Enunwa, who was a 6th round pick) and the young LBers.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's a view I will never understand.

Final game, we're 1-14, and 1-15 gives us the #1 overall pick?  Ok, I could come round to "yeah, it's fine if we lose, I guess".

2-5, and you're mad your team still wants/plays to win?  Because something something draft pick, as if that's our savior going forward?

Let me put it another way, if we have Coaches and players who pack it in at 2-5, and "play for 2017", then we have far bigger problems than a 2-5 record.  The kind of problems one draft pick a few slots higher than otherwise will not fix.

I'd say stop rooting against your own team, but that's the trendy thing on JN this year.

What will be, will be.  Rooting for loses won't give us a Franchise QB.

Rooting to make a playoff run when your team doesnt have the quality to make it out of the first round doesnt either.

Regardless of any spike in performance and wins, it is hard to see the Jets not picking in the top ten.

Who else will be taking a QB? Browns, 49s, Bears? One of Kizer, Trubisky, Kaaya and Watson will be there. 

After whiffing on Wentz, the Browns will take their selection at one. After that, if we prefer one of the other three over the others, the option to move up should be there at a semi-reasonable cost (I'd have us picking no higher than 7 or 8 tops)

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And that is beginning to change. With the young WRs (Plus Enunwa, who was a 6th round pick) and the young LBers.

I do like what Macc has done thus far with the young WR's.  However I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to see the development of these guys stunted with QB's who cant appropriately exploit defenses with these kid's talent

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

Regardless of any spike in performance and wins, it is hard to see the Jets not picking in the top ten.

Who else will be taking a QB? Browns, 49s, Bears? One of Kizer, Trubisky, Kaaya and Watson will be there. 

After whiffing on Wentz, the Browns will take their selection at one. After that, if we prefer one of the other three over the others, the option to move up should be there at a semi-reasonable cost (I'd have us picking no higher than 7 or 8 tops)

And if we are still picking in the top ten it will be easier for Macc to move up than last year

Just now, Armyjet said:

I do like what Macc has done thus far with the young WR's.  However I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to see the development of these guys stunted with QB's who cant appropriately exploit defenses with these kid's talent

There are ways to get around that. We saw it yesterday with Anderson on the reverse. I dont think they're development is stunted either. IN fac, their route running closer to the QB should be improving

34 minutes ago, Armyjet said:

Would you rather go 2-14 and watch them lose each week for the false hope of drafting that QB that you feel will fix all the jets problems?

"OH man a soft schedule, I get to watch the Jets win. MY LIFE IS SOOO TOUGH." Someone call the waaaaaambulence on this guy.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Would you rather go 2-14 and watch them lose each week for the false hope of drafting that QB that you feel will fix all the jets problems?

"OH man a soft schedule, I get to watch the Jets win. MY LIFE IS SOOO TOUGH." Someone call the waaaaaambulence on this guy.

Now if there was a Luck in the draft, then I can get it.

Neither Watson nor Kizer have impressed me this year.

It doesn't make you a bad fan. I get it. You're sick of not being elite and winning championships like the rest of us. I don't want us finishing with a top 3 pick however, because that would mean that this team is further away from that goal. 

My hope is that this team finishes strong, our young players develop, our inexperienced head coach learns from mistakes and comes into his role.

This team needs a foundation to build on. I'm hoping its already here. If we need to fire another regime and start over it just means again we're that much further away. 

We were never gonna win it this year anyway, lets ve honest. Im hoping we win every game even if we're out of playoffs. We need this organization and team to have something to build on.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well clearly you need the morale boost of a meaningless win to keep your life in order.  Thanks for your input!

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It doesn't make you a bad fan. I get it. You're sick of not being elite and winning championships like the rest of us. I don't want us finishing with a top 3 pick however, because that would mean that this team is further away from that goal. 

My hope is that this team finishes strong, our young players develop, our inexperienced head coach learns from mistakes and comes into his role.

This team needs a foundation to build on. I'm hoping its already here. If we need to fire another regime and start over it just means again we're that much further away. 

We were never gonna win it this year anyway, lets ve honest. Im hoping we win every game even if we're out of playoffs. We need this organization and team to have something to build on.

I just want to see the young players develop. And for the most part, I have seen that.

That's a good thing. I like seeing Anderson and Peake having a positive impact on the offense

I like seeing Julian Stanford be second on the team in tackles for the game. ( He's not a rookie, but he's still young)

I like seeing Maudlin get some good playing time

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just want to see the young players develop. And for the most part, I have seen that.

That's a good thing. I like seeing Anderson and Peake having a positive impact on the offense

I like seeing Julian Stanford be second on the team in tackles for the game. ( He's not a rookie, but he's still young)

I like seeing Maudlin get some good playing time

I've been cautiously encouraged but everyone you just mentioned. The two that I'm really holding my breath for is Bryce Petty and Devin Smith. With Smith's speed he could be a game changer for our team.

Then obviously Petty can become a good starter who isn't throwing away games, then our roster won't be looking nearly as bad as it has. 

Archived