Report: Geno Smith is “fine”, was Kept out as Precaution

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton

Jets fans waiting for news on quarterback Geno Smith’s injured knee have gotten an update, though not an official release from the team.

Per NFL insider Ian Rapoport, Smith’s knees is “fine” and he was only kept out of yesterday’s game as a precaution.

Smith was pulled from the Jets’ 24-16 victory over the Baltimore Ravens when he suffered an injury to his right knee that led the team to perform an MRI that has apparently come back clean.

If healthy, Jets fans should expect to see Smith under center on Sunday when the team heads to Cleveland to take on the Browns.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
WXFsz_Jj_FI

Click here to read the full story...

Great news good to hear. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets believe Geno Smith's knee is "fine."

Smith will undergo an MRI Monday, but Rapoport reports it is precautionary. If Geno is fine, the Jets will be in a difficult position this week. Neither Smith nor Ryan Fitzpatrick played particularly well, but Fitzpatrick was efficient after replacing Smith and made noise after the game about wanting to start. With the Browns next up on the schedule, whoever starts will be worth a look for quarterback streamers.

so likely what happened last week/will happen this week - Bowles wanted to stick with Fitz, Owner/GM wanted a change, change was made, "injury" gave Bowles opportunity to go back to his guy, his guy wins, Bowles thinks he can stick with his guy, then his guy then says idiotic crap in press conference, back to Geno.  

Glad to hear our QB is ok.  If he is healthy, I fully expect him to be the starter.  

Fitz did not do enough to be considered as having "re-won" his old job IMO.

Look forward to seeing him play (and win I hope), hopefully a full game, this coming Sunday vs. the Browns.

Just now, jmat321 said:

so likely what happened last week/will happen this week - Bowles wanted to stick with Fitz, Owner/GM wanted a change, change was made, "injury" gave Bowles opportunity to go back to his guy, his guy wins, Bowles thinks he can stick with his guy, then his guy then says idiotic crap in press conference, back to Geno.  

who starts this week will be more telling than last week.  who is in control, owner or coach.  and mccags just rides it out, his 2 young qbs keep practicing out of the fray.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Glad to hear our QB is ok.  If he is healthy, I fully expect him to be the starter.  

Look forward to seeing him play (and win I hope), hopefully a full game, this coming Sunday vs. the Browns.

Fitz did exactly what he should have been doing all year.  Backing up the starter. He did it and did it well. Nothing changed.

Fitz will be starting next week.  Geno tapped out.  As for the play he got hurt?  Geno holds the ball too long as usual.  There is no future for Geno here, the Jets are going to come to the end of the year knowing that Geno and Fitz are gone and will have no idea if petty can play at all.  It's gonna happen.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Fitz did exactly what he should have been doing all year.  Backing up the starter. He did it and did it well. Nothing changed.

You're entitled to that opinion my friend.

In my opinion we don't have a legitimate starter, and so we played the QB the staff though gave us our best chance to win.

Chance, not guarantee.

He failed, badly, so the next guy up is up.

I hope he plays well Sunday.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

You're entitled to that opinion my friend.

In my opinion we don't have a legitimate starter, and so we played the QB the staff though gave us our best chance to win.

Chance, not guarantee.

He failed, badly, so the next guy up is up.

I hope he plays well Sunday.

Most teams in the NFL don't have a legitimate starter.  Who failed badly? I miss that part.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fitz will be starting next week.  Geno tapped out.  As for the play he got hurt?  Geno holds the ball too long as usual.  There is no future for Geno here, the Jets are going to come to the end of the year knowing that Geno and Fitz are gone and will have no idea if petty can play at all.  It's gonna happen.

Geno Smith did not tap out. He had no control of his game status after injuring his knee. He twisted his knee and the team Dr's took the same precautions with Geno Smith as they would with anyone else. 

Geno Smith was named the starter and he got knocked out of the game due to injury the backup Ryan Fitzpatrick did what he's supposed to do and now its back to the bench. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick embarrassed himself in the presser after he's done here he will never play another down of NFL football. 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fitz did.

Oh 100% agreed.  As a starter. As a back up yesterday he was very good in that role. The role he belongs in. Im with you brother. We need to do a game with wings at that spot you told me about.  Maybe make it on Bruce Petty's first start?

What a friggin disaster.  I don't know how the Jets could even consider starting Fitz again after his comments, and Geno looked like the same old Geno when he played - wildly inconsistent, showed zero football instincts, and held the ball too long.  So what do the Jets do?  They're going to have to swallow hard and pick one of this dopes to start next week.  Where the hell are Petty and HAckenberg????  They're not even being considered which is really the worst part of this story ans shows how dire the Jets QB situation really is.  Lord help us all.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh 100% agreed.  As a starter. As a back up yesterday he was very good in that role. The role he belongs in. Im with you brother. We need to do a game with wings at that spot you told me about.  Maybe make it on Bruce Petty's first start?

Geno should start.  If he does not, then Bowles has caved to the players.  And the end is in sight

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Great news good to hear. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets believe Geno Smith's knee is "fine."

Smith will undergo an MRI Monday, but Rapoport reports it is precautionary. If Geno is fine, the Jets will be in a difficult position this week. Neither Smith nor Ryan Fitzpatrick played particularly well, but Fitzpatrick was efficient after replacing Smith and made noise after the game about wanting to start. With the Browns next up on the schedule, whoever starts will be worth a look for quarterback streamers.

Not for @rex-n-effect

Either way, glad to hear he's okay. Next time Geno, throw the ball away. 

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We just won a game. Only Jets fans...

True. What you overlook is that we lost a whole season due to signing this guy. Our young QB's never got the proper chance to develop. Hack can't even get any reps in practice. Only Jets fans.

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well done Warfish and you didn't mention his name once .  

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Not based on Fitz's postgame comments.  He sounded like a little whimp complaining about being picked on by bullies.  

"The owner, GM and coaches were mean to me"...  :cry:

Lol, wuss.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Incorrect. Petty will get his reps.

Clearly you are the short sighted one hee. Fitz cost us the development of our young QB's. This team is built right now for QB's with strong arms. Fitz at this point is indefensible. You can continue trying though. Hack gets no or very few reps because Fitz is still on the team.

You are defending your preference at QB vice the right decision for the team. Only Jets fans as you stated.  

Archived