Report: Geno Smith is “fine”, was Kept out as Precaution

JetNation

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Clearly you are the short sighted one hee. Fitz cost us the development of our young QB's. This team is built right now for QB's with strong arms. Fitz at this point is indefensible. You can continue trying though. Hack gets no or very few reps because Fitz is still on the team.

You are defending your preference at QB vice the right decision for the team. Only Jets fans as you stated.  

Yes like Brett Favre cost Aaron Rodgers development time? Case Keenum costing Jared Goff?

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Clearly you are the short sighted one hee. Fitz cost us the development of our young QB's. This team is built right now for QB's with strong arms. Fitz at this point is indefensible. You can continue trying though. Hack gets no or very few reps because Fitz is still on the team.

You are defending your preference at QB vice the right decision for the team. Only Jets fans as you stated.  

The problem is this, until the jets are indeed mathematically out the powers that be still think Fitz is the best hope to win games, he will play like it or not.  The big sin will be if they do not get at least petty sig playing time when the jets are out.  But this is the nfl and like these forums it is better to do the wrong thing than admit you were wrong about a player.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Just because you are desperate or dumb enough to pay a back up like a starter a starter it does not make.

And another thing:  there are a lot of young guys in that locker room.  There are also some older guys who will not be back.  You cannot let one of those guys walk over you and then demand respect from the others.  You can toss the guy to the curb so they know who is the boss around here, and what will and will not be tolerated.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Geno's luck is worse than my ability to eat proper portions.

Geno's days as a Jet are over then.  This team has a pickle.  Forced to play a guy who has disrespected the coach, GM and owner.  Only the Jets .......

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

580ccf3914115_HuddlesAvatar.JPG.ed9ddbef

No sh!t!  Awesome pic.  

I used to have a blanket with that Jets logo on it as a kid.  Loved that thing.

Anyone know where to buy any gear with that logo now?

Ebay.

I have the little ceramic version of Huddles on my desk at home.  

I love it, a prize possession of mine :D

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Geno's days as a Jet are over then.  This team has a pickle.  Forced to play a guy who has disrespected the coach, GM and owner.  Only the Jets .......

Yeah but his teammates love him and stuff.  Ask him, he will tell you. Actually don't ask him, he will tell you anyways.  

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah but his teammates love him and stuff.  Ask him, he will tell you. Actually don't ask him, he will tell you anyways.  

How does TB now reinforce his authority in the locker room?  The player is calling the shot.

Just now, jack48 said:

How does TB now reinforce his authority in the locker room?  The player is calling the shot.

Play Petty second he is no longer injured.  Or say F-it and start Bilal Powell as QB next week.  Pull him after a series and put Fitzpatrick in as the " back up."

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Play Petty second he is no longer injured.  Or say F-it and start Bilal Powell as QB next week.  Pull him after a series and put Fitzpatrick in as the " back up."

Ha ha.  Me?  I would play Petty.  But my record as a coach is 0-0.

Archived