Geno TORE ACL

Gas2No99

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think you missed my point.

I wish him luck (i.e. to do well) at his next stop in the NFC.

If he's in the AFC, he is competition, and I do not want him to do well because that's bad for the Jets.

Fair enough. I interpreted do well in terms of his health and he WILL find a new team. If Josh Johnson, B. Hoyer, Ryan MAllett, Gabbert, AND Stanton STILL cash checks in the NFL, Geno will be MORE than fine. 

and YES. I WANT Geno as MY competition. Having seen him as MY QB for 3+ years, I WANT HIM to be the QB against the Jets ANY and EVERY opportunity possible. :)  

Gene CAN'T DO WELL! we've had 2 consecutive freak injuries where the guy has bad luck when PRESENTED with a GOLDEN opportunity. 

I feel bad for Geno. He got dealt a bad hand this season. He deserved to get a chance this year with how bad Fitz has played.

But in all honesty, this helps solve a big headache for the Jets. Now there is no QB controversy. It’s Fitz’s job now until Bryce is ready and or the season is basically over (from a wins/losses) standpoint.

I would have liked to see Geno get one more chance. But realistically neither Fitz or Geno will be back on this team next year. So it’s not the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

SO this where the script begins. Give Petty the Cleveland start, win big and then he takes us on a run to the playoffs while also finding our QB of the future! Oh I believe in miracles!

2002 REDUX!

12 minutes ago, Beaver said:

The Fitztragic curse:

St. Louis Rams - Jamie Martin injured  

Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer injured  

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards injured  

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker injured  

Houston Texans - Ryan Mallett injured  

New York Jets - Geno Smith injured  

Hey maybe we can trade Fitz to the pats.

Maybe Fitzpatrick is an evil Leprechaun like in those old horror flicks.

What a nightmare.

I can't handle another 8 games of Fitz. Especially after being a bitch about his benching. "When you're last in every measurable category, and the team stops believing in you..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I feel bad for Geno. He got dealt a bad hand this season. He deserved to get a chance this year with how bad Fitz has played.

But in all honesty, this helps solve a big headache for the Jets. Now there is no QB controversy. It’s Fitz’s job now until Bryce is ready and or the season is basically over (from a wins/losses) standpoint.

I would have liked to see Geno get one more chance. But realistically neither Fitz or Geno will be back on this team next year. So it’s not the end of the world.

Ironically he got injured doing what he always tended to do - holding onto the ball, trying to run backwards from pressure, rather than getting out of bounds or throwing the damned thing into the stands.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He probably wants to end up like Boobie Miles then.

If the Jets Dr's misdiagnosed this, and he is fine that would be the icing on the cake.

On PURPOSE!?!?!?! CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUND NOW!!! :D

Just now, Paradis said:

What a nightmare.

I can't handle another 8 games of Fitz. Especially after being a bitch about his benching. "When you're last in every measurable category, and the team stops believing in you..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope this team gets a top 3 pick out of this wasted season if we're stuck watching fitzpaycheck trot out there every week. this team needs to tank properly already

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

He probably wants to end up like Boobie Miles then.

If the Jets Dr's misdiagnosed this, and he is fine that would be the icing on the cake.

that would produce the ultimate downward spiral to the black hole apocolypse we've all been anticipating for a while.

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Is Fitz now gonna cry at every post-game presser that he's only starting because Geno got hurt and no one believes in him?

I hate him more than Thomas Jones. 

Millennial Hipster QB.  I just cant find a short version of it. MHQB doest work.   It's little to close to MMQB.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Millennial Hipster QB.  I just cant find a short version of it. MHQB doest work.   It's little to close to MMQB.

It's bad enough I gotta watch this loser play, I gotta listen to him whine now and then come on here and see Smashmouth ridiculously defend him?

Seriously, **** this guy. 

23 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Never wish injury on a player, but let's be honest- this is good news for this organization. There was no real reason for Geno to sniff the field for the Jets... and if Fitz hadn't imploded time and time again, Geno wouldn't have. He is a FA in 2017 and not part of Mac's plans.

It's Petty time. Maybe not this week, but it's coming. And with 3 QBs, both Petty and Hack will start seeing additional reps. If Fitz goes back in and continues his bad play, it's finally time to see what the kids have.

If that's your takeaway that its good news. I guess better news would have been Fitz going down in the 4th qtr with the same type of injury.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

It's bad enough I gotta watch this loser play, I gotta listen to him whine now and then come on here and see Smashmouth ridiculously defend him?

Yeah and he's not serving delicious craft beer, hand crafted cocktails or farm to table food.  WTF GOOD IS HE!??????????!???!!!??????

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Mil-HipQ

Nice.  And it's got a millennial ring to it.  This could stick.  

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Or you can just turn down the volume and cue it up with Pink Floyd's The Wall as soon as the NFL emblem is shown as the game starts. Do that while eating portobello shrooms and enjoy the ride- CRAZY STUFF MAAAAAN!

Calm down and enjoy the typical Jets season :) You can always just turn off the NFL and go fishing in Bayonne 

31 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He's been practicing again for a couple of weeks, so you have to imagine they think he's ready.  Geno's injury also pretty much guarantees that his practice reps will see a significant increase.  So while Fitz will be the guy for now, Petty will certainly be the next man up if/when it comes to that.

Backup QB's get zero reps in practice.  Just an FYI. 

I never thought Geno was the guy; I grew to not like many things about him; I also never bought into the whole 'Jets owe Geno' another chance. And I would have kept Fitz for the Ravens game and then move to Petty (or just move to Petty) as neither Fitz nor Geno will be on the team next year.

That being said, this really sucks for Geno. The Jets didn't owe him, but Fitz has played poorly and he had earned (at least this part of the season) the #2 spot. He showed up ready to play and it just sucks for him to loose out this way.

I am glad that Petty is now going to get the #2 snaps, but I did not want this to happen this way. I also don't care how many meaningless games Fitz wins at this point and I don't want the easy schedule to make it look like the team is getting better. This team is broken and the HC and GM need to fix it. Hopefully, sometime soon we will see Petty start.

A crappy way to end his run here. Hopefully for Geno, he will heel and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Archived