Geno TORE ACL

Gas2No99

29 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

How short of a leash do you think Fitzpatrick is on?

Not nearly as short as it was last week this time... Geno, despite his myriad flaws, has played and won reg season games in the NFL...Petty is 0 of 0 for 0 yards. That is not to say Petty cannot do it...just that he hasn't yet so the coaching staff will give Fitz extra rope...

Think about this tho...  we are one play away from our QB depth chart being 1. Petty 2. Hackenberg...and Petty is just coming back from being hurt himself  

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If that's your takeaway that its good news. I guess better news would have been Fitz going down in the 4th qtr with the same type of injury.

ugh .... think RATIONALLY PLEASE. If what you state HAD transpired WHAT GOOD would result?!?!?!?

Wildcat with Bilal Powell for the remainder of the game since Petty was INACTIVE yesterday? and then RUSHING a young QB coming off a shoulder injury too early for game action when he's not ready like EVERY OTHER QB Prospect we've sabotaged?!?!?!

C'mon, if you go as far back as Mehl, quit your griping and be RATIONALE. Fitz isn't good this year, but if it BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH yet you "HAVE TO WATCH" and complain instead of just tuning it out - which should be expected from mature and vetted fans. 

35 minutes ago, Beaver said:

The Fitztragic curse:

St. Louis Rams - Jamie Martin injured  

Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer injured  

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards injured  

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker injured  

Houston Texans - Ryan Mallett injured  

New York Jets - Geno Smith injured  

Hey maybe we can trade Fitz to the pats.

The Tonya Harding of the NFL

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fitzs little speech was idiotic, for his 1st time since he came here he sounded like an entitle schmuck.  If he had kept his mouth shut he would have been far better off.

don't blame him for thinking this way at all.  Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but don't blame him at all.

46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's who Geno is. Just like we know who Fitz is, that is who Geno is. Great arm, athletic ......zero field awareness. Next man up....

And despite what you read on hear nobody knows who Petty is.  I read some of the things on here and always think of an old quote where according to fans the best QB is always the guy sitting on the bench who has never played.   I suppose hope springs eternal.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

ugh .... think RATIONALLY PLEASE. If what you state HAD transpired WHAT GOOD would result?!?!?!?

Wildcat with Bilal Powell for the remainder of the game since Petty was INACTIVE yesterday? and then RUSHING a young QB coming off a shoulder injury too early for game action when he's not ready like EVERY OTHER QB Prospect we've sabotaged?!?!?!

C'mon, if you go as far back as Mehl, quite your griping and be RATIONALE. Fitz isn't great this year, but if it BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH yet "HAVE TO WATCH" and complain instead of just tuning it out - which should be expected from mature and vetted fans. 

Because starting Fitz does nothing for us.  He's wasting reps on identifying who our future QB can be, Geno still had a shot at that as does Petty and Hack .

This team isn't making the playoffs with Fitz under center so why not move on to Petty, and its not like he's being rushed in like Sanchez or Geno, If he's still hurt that's one thing but if he's been practicing that says he's probably ok.

And as far as being  rational, I'm usually the one who sticks up for our Qb's  whether it be O'Brien, Penny, Sanchez, Geno, I just can't do it for this journeyman loser. 

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Backup QB's get zero reps in practice.  Just an FYI. 

if I'm not mistaken, todd said that the back-up got 20-30% of reps in practice.  he said geno got 20-30% and now that geno was starting fritz would get the 20-30% and geno get the rest

59 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

EDIT:

Update * Follow-up Tweet:

QB Geno Smith thought his knee was fine. MRI indicated otherwise. 

"BRUTAL ACL TEAR"

I never root for injuries, no matter who the player is. This truly sucks. 

I had hoped he'd show just enough to help us move him in a trade before this year's deadline. Bad for Geno, bad for the organization. Worse, because now that nitwit Bowles is going to start Fitz, and continuing delaying the development of both young QBs. 

Bad luck + stupid all around. 

Unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I never root for injuries, no matter who the player is. This truly sucks. 

I had hoped he'd show just enough to help us move him in a trade before this year's deadline. Bad for Geno, bad for the organization. Worse, because now that nitwit Bowles is going to start Fitz, and continuing delaying the development of both young QBs. 

Bad luck + stupid all around. 

Unfortunate.

There you are! I was wondering what your take would be?

now for the epic 16 book novel opining on this thread by Sperm "Fyodor Dostoyevsky writes comic strips compared to me" Edwards. :D 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

now for the epic 16 book novel opining on this thread by Sperm "Fyodor Dostoyevsky writes comic strips compared to me" Edwards. :D 

lol, been really swamped at work ... plus, this place is a joke lately

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I he did unfortunately he got hurt its time to move on if he's out for the season.

I think you're confusing "flirting with disaster" with "playing well". 

He didn't play well. Neither of our QBs played well Sunday. We beat a team that is nose-diving.

56 minutes ago, brian101193 said:

This kind of makes Namath look like a dick

I dunno.  Imo the doctors should have had some indication that his ACL MIGHT have been torn, in which case while he could stand he was risking injury even worse if he had to cut one way or the other.  In other words the fact he was standing on the sidelines would leave most reasonable people to believe the injury was not serious.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Limiting oneself to a novel the length of 16 books is the stuff of amateurs.

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

WTF? 

THAT"S IT?!?!?!?!?

article-2185554-14656D19000005DC-909_306

:D jk

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I dunno.  Imo the doctors should have had some indication that his ACL MIGHT have been torn, in which case while he could stand he was risking injury even worse if he had to cut one way or the other.  In other words the fact he was standing on the sidelines would leave most reasonable people to believe the injury was not serious.

Chances are if it's torn it's not badly torn and likely wasn't doing further damage by standing. He may be ok enough to walk around but not ok enough to play on a football field, and it doesn't necessarily make it worse.

He was out of his pads & uniform it's believed the injury is potentially serious enough to keep him off the field. Not like Shanahan throwing RGIII right back out there.

34 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Buh bye a$$hole. 

this SHOULD end the "geno never got a fair chance" posts on this board. but it wont. maybe some of these poster will migrate over to genos new teams message board next year, so they can continue to fight and root geno on for his "5th chance". I would bet that 5th chance wont be a "fair" one, either. I wish geno all the best as a human being, but the writing is on the wall as a football player

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

The Fitztragic curse:

St. Louis Rams - Jamie Martin injured  

Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer injured  

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards injured  

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker injured  

Houston Texans - Ryan Mallett injured  

New York Jets - Geno Smith injured  

Hey maybe we can trade Fitz to the pats.

He did get rid of a lot of bad QB's so maybe it is a gift?

Archived