The Official Bryce Petty fan club thread.

joewilly12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Petty starts this week but I don't think it will happen. Fitz has a good chance to beat the Brown's. If he's successful we will probably see him until the Jets are completely out of it or Fitz blows up again. The good news is that Petty will get some reps with the first team and probably alot of reps with the bye week ahead. He will be prepared to take the reins whenever Bowles decides to pull the trigger. Hack will also see more reps. 

First I'd like to say I'm sorry that geno got hurt! Neither geno or Fitz were the answer. Loved what I saw of petty preseason. He'll get chance this year. I don't want him playing unless he's 100 %. Fitz did nothing special Sunday! Jets might bench him because of his big mouth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Like it or not, Jets will be hesitant to give Petty the job too soon, for a variety of different reasons, which could of course all be debated.  While fans of course won't necessarily care, the simple depth chart alignment will compel them to start Fitz.  Plus it will register as a less of a "give up" to others in the league rather than moving onto your third stringer.

But I think more so than any of that, the real thing to consider is that in all likelihood, the moment they go to Petty, the entire season will be his no matter how badly he plays, so they need to be really sure when they make the switch.  They have made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in playing Hackenberg this year, and once Fitz get benched for a second time, they definitely won't go back to him barring injury.  So while many fans may feel it's time, the team is not going to be in a rush to make this move just yet, whether we like it or not.  Once Fitz has logged a few bad games, then the change will happen.  That could take a little while though, given the upcoming schedule.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenburg need to be dressed and ready to go every game from here on out. 

Get rid of a slug namely Kellen Davis the TE 

NEXT MAN UP 

PREACH BROTHER PREACH

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Like it or not, Jets will be hesitant to give Petty the job too soon, for a variety of different reasons, which could of course all be debated.  While fans of course won't necessarily care, the simple depth chart alignment will compel them to start Fitz.  Plus it will register as a less of a "give up" to others in the league rather than moving onto your third stringer.

But I think more so than any of that, the real thing to consider is that in all likelihood, the moment they go to Petty, the entire season will be his no matter how badly he plays, so they need to be really sure when they make the switch.  They have made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in playing Hackenberg this year, and once Fitz get benched for a second time, they definitely won't go back to him barring injury.  So while many fans may feel it's time, the team is not going to be in a rush to make this move just yet, whether we like it or not.  Once Fitz has logged a few bad games, then the change will happen.  That could take a little while though, given the upcoming schedule.

if they win fitz remains the starter.  the key game is the miami game in 2 weeks.  let's say they beat the browns.  3-5.  if they lose to miami they're at best 4-6 at the bye with NE next.  they'll play fitz in the NE loss and then bench him.  

Looking at Petty in college you can't deny that this kids got some skills nice arm, surprisingly mobile and can extend plays. I'm not expecting him to go out there and win every game if he gets the start and throws a pick or 2 but hits open receivers, can make our deep ball threats effective and makes reads/extends plays I'll be happy. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im all in on Bryce Petty I do not want to see Ryan Egotistical Maniac Everyone Owes me Something Fitzpatrick as the QB of this team. 

Bryce Petty NEXT MAN UP 

Image result for bryce petty

It's Ryan "Millennial Hipster" Fitzpatrick - its shorter, has a better ring and sums up everything you said nicely.

That said, I hope he bounces back on his 2nd chance. If not, I will be joining your fan club because it seems neat. 

Just now, JiF said:

It's Ryan "Millennial Hipster" Fitzpatrick - its shorter, has a better ring and sums up everything you said nicely.

That said, I hope he bounces back on his 2nd chance. If not, I will be joining your fan club because it seem neat. 

Membership is free. 

Just now, SR24 said:

Is there a better game for him to start in? 0-7 Browns I mean this is the perfect time for him to start. Bowles is trying to win to save his job, making this change could potentially save his job 

if woody is pissed off about what fitz said, maybe he's ballsy enough to put his foot down.  that would be something.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

Sucks for Geno to get injured, but Bryce Petty is definitely a cooler QB name

Geno's name was cool once. Now it's become Genoooooo, GeOhNo, Genocide etc. lol. 

If Petty doesnt play well we'll begin to see the "Bryce Petthetic" names come around. It's always cooler when the fanbase has no reason to be upset at you. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if woody is pissed off about what fitz said, maybe he's ballsy enough to put his foot down.  that would be something.

Woody should just do us all a favor and sell the team lol

Archived