Starting Fitzpatrick

SR24

Some thoughts on where we go from here, for your consideration.
At this point starting Fitz is our only option. as much as it pains me, and I'm sure many others, it's what we have to do right now. To start Petty at this point with both his recovering from injury and lack of both practice reps and experience, would do him a great disservice.
Depending on what the second edition of Fitz looks like, should determine just how soon Petty will get under center. In my humble opinion no matter what, Petty should get a minimum of four starts. For no other reason, other then to see just how far he has progressed or hasn't in actual game action.
As far as Hack is concerned, putting him on the field this year serves no purpose. I think we can all agree he is no where near ready to be an NFL QB. Playing him might do just what Rex's did to Geno, ruin him. I really have to question, even allowing him to be the backup next season. I think a second year of third string would do him a world of good.
Which brings me to where we go next season as far as getting a quality QB under center for the NY Jets. Now I know many of you hope and believe that Petty can be that guy. Yet, I have my doubts that he also will be ready to lead this team. I believe he can be a strong backup next season and continue to learn and develop.
What I hope the Jets do is bring in a YOUNG strong FA QB by the name of , Villain he we go, Glennon. He would be a the perfect candidate. A QB who has pervious starting experience and has won games with much less offensive talent then we presently have right now.
I would not be foolish about it either, I would let him know right from the start ,that he has to take the job from Petty. I honestly expect that should not be an issue for a player with Glennon experience. Yet, I want Petty to fight his butt off to try and beat him out.
Glennon should give us the QB we have all longed for, big, strong armed and can throw the deep balls as well as all underneath and out passes.
So what do the rest of you folks think of moving forward in this direction ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point starting Fitz is our only option. as much as it pains me, and I'm sure many others, it's what we have to do right now. To start Petty at this point with both his recovering from injury and lack of both practice reps and experience, would do him a great disservice.
Depending on what the second edition of Fitz looks like, should determine just how soon Petty will get under center. In my humble opinion no matter what, Petty should get a minimum of four starts. For no other reason, other then to see just how far he has progressed or hasn't in actual game action.
As far as Hack is concerned, putting him on the field this year serves no purpose. I think we can all agree he is no where near ready to be an NFL QB. Playing him might do just what Rex's did to Geno, ruin him. I really have to question, even allowing him to be the backup next season. I think a second year of third string would do him a world of good.
Which brings me to where we go next season as far as getting a quality QB under center for the NY Jets. Now I know many of you hope and believe that Petty can be that guy. Yet, I have my doubts that he also will be ready to lead this team. I believe he can be a strong backup next season and continue to learn and develop.
What I hope the Jets do is bring in a YOUNG strong FA QB by the name of , Villain he we go, Glennon. He would be a the perfect candidate. A QB who has pervious starting experience and has won games with much less offensive talent then we presently have right now.
I would not be foolish about it either, I would let him know right from the start ,that he has to take the job from Petty. I honestly expect that should not be an issue for a player with Glennon experience. Yet, I want Petty to fight his butt off to try and beat him out.
Glennon should give us the QB we have all longed for, big, strong armed and can throw the deep balls as well as all underneath and out passes.

Rex didn't ruin geno. He was always a bum.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, fltflo said:

I agree on Glennon & I have to tell you I'm sure his agent will too. Think about the teams looking for QBs, Bears, Browns. That's it folks. I'm talking about starting QBs. Rams took Goff this year. Macc is next turning to Oline and CB (Williams is a dumpster fire). 

So, with Macc thinking Oline, plus the offensive players we already have compared to the Bears & Browns where we would you want to go if your Mike Glennon? Imagine if the Jets are in position to draft a stud RB.

You already have Brandon Marshall, hopefully Decker, Enunwa, Smith, Anderson, Peake, J.Marshall. That's a damn nice group & the herd will be thinned as we get to see who progresses quickest among the rookies.

If the NY Jets were interested in Glennon at any point & Tampa was asking too much, he becomes a free agent the Jets are a slam dunk for a destination. I'm sure he would look at the competition for the starting job & realize he just has to beat out Bryce Petty. I'm positive the Jets want to bring Hack along properly to grow with the system. 

The young LBs will get better with time, Harris money will go to a stud Olineman free agent in 2017 & instantly make the team better. Plus a high draft pick (It's high time the Jets turn to the offense in the draft) the Oline can be turned around pretty quickly. Try to resign Clady, Mangold should be good for 2017 (draft his replacement), Carpenter has been good, Winters has gotten better, it's time to find a stud RT (might be a good place to start with David Harris 8 million saved when we cut him). 

One of our biggest issues is we don't have a young big back with burst (Khiry Robinson getting hurt was a bigger blow than people think). You need guys like that on the goaline. 

At TE maybe ASJ turns his life around? And Glennon had already played with him in Tampa. Any FA TEs that can block available next year? Use Brenos money when we cut him. This could be a very quick turnaround if we can find a QB who doesn't suck. 

Villian finally sees the Jets get their man. He would be just an awesome bridge to Hack. 

I agree on Glennon & I have to tell you I'm sure his agent will too. Think about the teams looking for QBs, Bears, Browns. That's it folks. I'm talking about starting QBs. Rams took Goff this year. Macc is next turning to Oline and CB (Williams is a dumpster fire). 
So, with Macc thinking Oline, plus the offensive players we already have compared to the Bears & Browns where we would you want to go if your Mike Glennon? Imagine if the Jets are in position to draft a stud RB.
You already have Brandon Marshall, hopefully Decker, Enunwa, Smith, Anderson, Peake, J.Marshall. That's a damn nice group & the herd will be thinned as we get to see who progresses quickest among the rookies.
If the NY Jets were interested in Glennon at any point & Tampa was asking too much, he becomes a free agent the Jets are a slam dunk for a destination. I'm sure he would look at the competition for the starting job & realize he just has to beat out Bryce Petty. I'm positive the Jets want to bring Hack along properly to grow with the system. 
The young LBs will get better with time, Harris money will go to a stud Olineman free agent in 2017 & instantly make the team better. Plus a high draft pick (It's high time the Jets turn to the offense in the draft) the Oline can be turned around pretty quickly. Try to resign Clady, Mangold should be good for 2017 (draft his replacement), Carpenter has been good, Winters has gotten better, it's time to find a stud RT (might be a good place to start with David Harris 8 million saved when we cut him). 
One of our biggest issues is we don't have a young big back with burst (Khiry Robinson getting hurt was a bigger blow than people think). You need guys like that on the goaline. 
At TE maybe ASJ turns his life around? And Glennon had already played with him in Tampa. Any FA TEs that can block available next year? Use Brenos money when we cut him. This could be a very quick turnaround if we can find a QB who doesn't suck. 
Villian finally sees the Jets get their man. He would be just an awesome bridge to Hack. 

Great follow on post

Archived