Enunwa and Winters

detectivekimble

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Enunwa is a FA after the 2017 season and is only getting better.  Winters has turned into a really good RG and is a FA after this year.

The Jets need to lock both of these guys up.  **** everyone else!

The nice thing is, they can use one of either the Harris or Revis contracts to pay them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's like a 2 for 1.

8 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Enunwa is a FA after the 2017 season and is only getting better.  Winters has turned into a really good RG and is a FA after this year.

Working on an article highlighting both of these guys right now making this very point.  Both were fantastic yesterday.

Could not agree more.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The nice thing is, they can use one of either the Harris or Revis contracts to pay them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's like a 2 for 1.

Exactly.  It also helps that Idzik was a sh*tty drafter.  These two guys are his only good picks.  You can let everyone else walk and not suffer for it.

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

No idea, but Enunwa's size/speed gives him unlimited upside.  He's freakish.  There's no way he isn't better next year than he is this year.  You have to lock him up after this season.

Good player. Not a star. I'd say upside is Jerricho Cotchery. Definitely room on the roster for guys like that, but not for silly money.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Good player. Not a star. I'd say upside is Jerricho Cotchery. Definitely room on the roster for guys like that, but not for silly money.

Are you kidding me?  Cotchery was 6'0" and ran a 4.6.  This guy is 6'2", 230lbs, strong enough to take a LB out of a play and faster than safeties and cornerbacks.

7 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Disagree, lets see how he develops now with much more playing time

I have said from day one Enunwa looks like Terrell Owens to me size and speed wise. He's probably the best blocking WR in the league and it is clear as day this guy has put in WORK on his route running and ball catching skills. His ceiling is way high and his performance is ascending towards his potential. This guy is not Cotchery or Kerley. He's way beyond either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Snell41 said:

I have said from day one Enunwa looks like Terrell Owens to me size and speed wise. He's probably the best blocking WR in the league and it is clear as day this guy has put in WORK on his route running and ball catching skills. His ceiling is way high and his performance is ascending towards his potential. This guy is not Cotchery or Kerley. He's way beyond either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably why they played him over Kerley last year.  Kerley was the better WR, but Enunwa had the upside.  The playing time he received last year is paying dividends.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Why?  He's actually turned into a good player.  Two years ago, the Jets had sh*t at guard.  Now they have two good guards.

Exactly.  Finally have a player who the team spent a few years developing that has actually paid off.  

41 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Eh they definitely need to pull up the Brinks truck for Q but I would not break bank for Winters

15 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Why?  He's actually turned into a good player.  Two years ago, the Jets had sh*t at guard.  Now they have two good guards.

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Exactly.  Finally have a player who the team spent a few years developing that has actually paid off.  

Yea...I'm still not sold on him - he's gotten beat like a mule against good competition and c'mon - the dude gave himself a concussion trying to cheapshot another player.

let him walk.

11 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

2/19 isn't bad.

To be fair, the idea was we had so many draft picks he threw 3 middle/lower picks at each of 2 positions, figuring to get it right on one, instead of burning a 1st or high 2nd rounder on the position. If that was the strategy, the reality is it worked. 

They definitely need to lock up Q now while there is still a year left - get a better price and a cap friendly deal.

I would consider signing Winters for a reasonable price, but I would rather us upgrade RG, RT (although who knows how these players will develop) and draft a LT and save the money and let Clady walk. But this is a crap shoot.

This is not that big of a deal . We can sign both those guys and Wesley Johnson with the money we save by dumping Mangold and Marshall . All we have to do is go draft another WR and another OC somewhere in the draft next yr to develop . Johnson takes mangold's place and Enunwa takes the place of Marshall .

We keep the 5 kids, and maybe Decker if we have too and we move forward

Enunwa

Decker

Smith D

Anderson

Peake

Marshall J

We may not have developed a QB, but we sure as heck have developed some WRs and they are all big and fast .

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Faster than Cotchery.   I liked Jerricho, a lot.   But he does not take a 7 yard curl into a 60 yard TD by out running everyone.

I was shocked to see Enunwa pull away from those dudes.  Elevated his stock even further.  He should be the one saying that Marshall can be really good if he works on the jugs machine all winter now instead of the other way around.

Winters?  Would be stupid to let him walk.  You draft, develop and suffer with a player and then you let him go?  Just another hole you then have to fill, with a rookie who you will have to develop and live with.

24 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This is not that big of a deal . We can sign both those guys and Wesley Johnson with the money we save by dumping Mangold and Marshall . All we have to do is go draft another WR and another OC somewhere in the draft next yr to develop . Johnson takes mangold's place and Enunwa takes the place of Marshall .

We keep the 5 kids, and maybe Decker if we have too and we move forward

Enunwa

Decker

Smith D

Anderson

Peake

Marshall J

We may not have developed a QB, but we sure as heck have developed some WRs and they are all big and fast .

Pocic from

Ucla

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

No idea, but Enunwa's size/speed gives him unlimited upside.  He's freakish.  There's no way he isn't better next year than he is this year.  You have to lock him up after this season.

Agreed. I didn't know he was that fast. Man, he was pulling away from those defenders on a simple little hitch pattern. Winters has improved by leaps and bounds and Mangold's backup looks solid also.

There aren't many examples of the CS maximizing our players' talents, at least not during this nightmare season, but they should get kudos for what they're doing with Enunwa. It's a pleasure watching him develop and make plays. 

As I said in the game thread yesterday, put him on the Pats or GB and Enunwa is a 1k yard receiver. 

Archived