Enunwa and Winters

detectivekimble

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Exactly.  It also helps that Idzik was a sh*tty drafter.  These two guys are his only good picks.  You can let everyone else walk and not suffer for it.

Um, Richardson and Pryor are good players also drafted by Idzik.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I was shocked to see Enunwa pull away from those dudes.  Elevated his stock even further.  He should be the one saying that Marshall can be really good if he works on the jugs machine all winter now instead of the other way around.

Winters?  Would be stupid to let him walk.  You draft, develop and suffer with a player and then you let him go?  Just another hole you then have to fill, with a rookie who you will have to develop and live with.

I was impressed with his speed too. One guy almost caught him, another guy (not sure if CB or S) should have caught him, but took a terrible angle (even if you didn't know how fast he was that angle would only catch me - must have gone to the pryor school for angles). Either way, he is great and way faster than I thought. We have to lock him up.

I am still not convinced he is a true #1. I said in another thread a 1a. He is getting open as he is getting covered by the #2 corner (only since Decker has been gone) and yesterday that play I believe he was covered by the LB. Remember when Decker was our #1 and had trouble some games getting catches (I know he was hurt too)?

Maybe he grows into it. But let's see how he plays always getting the #1 CB and sometimes the #1 CB and Safety help like Marshall gets. Either way, the guy is a keeper and a steal as a late round draft pick. Credit the CS for helping him grow, but credit Idzik (I think it is the clock being right twice a day) for the pick.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Are young, talented offensive linemen, disruptive DE's and freak wide receivers important? Because Idzik delivered those. Macc found a nice punter, though.

13 of the 19 players Idzik drafted weren't good enough to make the Jets this year, and we're terrible. Think about that for a second.

Im a little less enamored with Enunwa than some people.  His routes are still raw and you can see a lot of mistakes when you watch the tape.

Yea he has freakish measurables like Marshall, but I mean you can see a large difference between the two nonetheless and it isn't close.  You hope he might develop into something like that, but it's still a long term project.   I see him as a serviceable but not elite 2 right now, or a top tier 3 with potential number 1 like talent if the stars align.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

This is not that big of a deal . We can sign both those guys and Wesley Johnson with the money we save by dumping Mangold and Marshall . All we have to do is go draft another WR and another OC somewhere in the draft next yr to develop . Johnson takes mangold's place and Enunwa takes the place of Marshall .

We keep the 5 kids, and maybe Decker if we have too and we move forward

Enunwa

Decker

Smith D

Anderson

Peake

Marshall J

We may not have developed a QB, but we sure as heck have developed some WRs and they are all big and fast .

I think it is too early still to really know what we have in most of these guys. They have shown flashes that they can be reliable receivers but i don't think any of them have shown the capability to be great (yet). Obviously we hold onto the young kids and let them show us more but hopefully we bring in more rookies next season too and let them compete. Decker i think we let go after his contract is up and it will probably allow us to retain two of the young kids down the road. We will probably need to lock Enunwa up because he is essentially our blocking tightend. 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Um, Richardson and Pryor are good players also drafted by Idzik.

Richardson is a great player who unfortunately we will have a tough time keeping because we drafted Leo.  Then again, I understand there is some flexibility to get out of Wilkerson's contract down the road.

I can see Pryor not getting his contract renewed.  It will be hard to value him correctly.  They may be better off with someone else drafted in Round 3.

5 hours ago, peebag said:

Yea...I'm still not sold on him - he's gotten beat like a mule against good competition and c'mon - the dude gave himself a concussion trying to cheapshot another player.

let him walk.

Well with such thorough analysis as that...

6 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Enunwa is a FA after the 2017 season and is only getting better.  Winters has turned into a really good RG and is a FA after this year.

The Jets need to lock both of these guys up.  **** everyone else!

Thanks Idzik!

Calvin Pryor, Quincy Enunwa and IK punched out Geno.  2014 draft wasn't as terrible as we thought.

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I was impressed with his speed too. One guy almost caught him, another guy (not sure if CB or S) should have caught him, but took a terrible angle (even if you didn't know how fast he was that angle would only catch me - must have gone to the pryor school for angles). Either way, he is great and way faster than I thought. We have to lock him up.

I am still not convinced he is a true #1. I said in another thread a 1a. He is getting open as he is getting covered by the #2 corner (only since Decker has been gone) and yesterday that play I believe he was covered by the LB. Remember when Decker was our #1 and had trouble some games getting catches (I know he was hurt too)?

Maybe he grows into it. But let's see how he plays always getting the #1 CB and sometimes the #1 CB and Safety help like Marshall gets. Either way, the guy is a keeper and a steal as a late round draft pick. Credit the CS for helping him grow, but credit Idzik (I think it is the clock being right twice a day) for the pick.

He doesn't need to be a #1 WR or a #1 TE or any label.  He's a playmaker.  That's good enough.

3 hours ago, Hael said:

Im a little less enamored with Enunwa than some people.  His routes are still raw and you can see a lot of mistakes when you watch the tape.

Yea he has freakish measurables like Marshall, but I mean you can see a large difference between the two nonetheless and it isn't close.  You hope he might develop into something like that, but it's still a long term project.   I see him as a serviceable but not elite 2 right now, or a top tier 3 with potential number 1 like talent if the stars align.

Marshall is like a HoF WR.  You should see a difference between Marshall and most WRs.

16 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Good player. Not a star. I'd say upside is Jerricho Cotchery. Definitely room on the roster for guys like that, but not for silly money.

Enunwa could run laps around Cotchery, and he is much more powerful after the catch.  Physical freak.  Too bad he does not have an NFL quality QB.

11 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

He doesn't need to be a #1 WR or a #1 TE or any label.  He's a playmaker.  That's good enough.

He is fantastic. I was responding to some posts about either trading Marshall and/or not drafting Marshall's replacement as we had Q. He is a nightmare to cover by a #2 CB or a LB. I still think you need either a true #1 or a couple of speedsters to allow him to beast more.

Archived