Sounds like Bowles if finally fed up

AFJF

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

if he was it should be in private, not thu the media like fitz did.  that's the point.

Say what you will about Bowles, but he just clowned Fitz. Game. Set. Match.

Bowles gave Fitz the longest leash I think I've ever seen for a flailing scrub QB, and he has the audacity to open his trap? So not cool. I'm surprised nobody is talking about what an ungrateful piece of doodie Fitz is.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Say what you will about Bowles, but he just clowned Fitz. Game. Set. Match.

Bowles gave Fitz the longest leash I think I've ever seen for a flailing scrub QB, and he has the audacity to open his trap? So not cool. I'm surprised nobody is talking about what an ungrateful piece of doodie Fitz is.

they really didn't want to play geno, and i just read on rotoworld that petty still isn't fully recovered.  they really didn't have options.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think he doesn't know what the word means, and meant that Bowles was stripping Fitz of those things. Maybe?

I know what 'ceding" authority is.  Bowles hs weakened himself in the eyes of the players, particularly younger players. Players always look for signs of weakness, of what they can get away with.  Bowles has lost some respect.  I realize with Geno hurt he is in a tough spot, but he basically let Fitz roll over him in public.  And do not worry whether I know what words mean.  Fitz in effect has cut a piece out of Bowles' team leadership.

Just now, jack48 said:

He let Fitz sh*t on him and did not boot him out.  Good lesson for the younger guys

This is a long season and game.  Fitz gets the right to play until Petty is ready.  Then Petty will play, and maybe Hack too.

Maybe when Petty is ready just cut Fitz out right.  Bring in Matt Flynn, Michael Vick or someone of that sort.

After all of those interceptions and that rant, no one is signing Fitz next year.  

So don't give Fitz the pleasure of earning that $12mm for nothing.  Put Brandon Shell and Dakota Dozier on the line and let him get his tail kicked.  And then he can move on.

Just now, jack48 said:

I know what 'ceding" authority is.  Bowles hs weakened himself in the eyes of the players, particularly younger players. Players always look for signs of weakness, of what they can get away with.  Bowles has lost some respect.  I realize with Geno hurt he is in a tough spot, but hebasically let Fitz roll over him in public.

so did the owner and the gm.  i guess fitz doesn't realize he can be benched again.

Just now, varjet said:

This is a long season and game.  Fitz gets the right to play until Petty is ready.  Then Petty will play, and maybe Hack too.

Maybe when Petty is ready just cut Fitz out right.  Bring in Matt Flynn, Michael Vick or someone of that sort.

After all of those interceptions and that rant, no one is signing Fitz next year.  

So don't give Fitz the pleasure of earning that $12mm for nothing.  Put Brandon Shell and Dakota Dozier on the line and let him get his tail kicked.  And then he can move on.

If Fitz wins the next 3 weeks, even if he plays bad but wins they will keep rolling with Fitz.  We may not actually see Petty until the earliest week 15 or 16.  Sucks but it the reality of the situation if he takes us into the bye at 5-5 and we beat the Pats somehow coming out of the bye will will be looking at a win out scenario that will inevitably lead to 8-8 false hope and a sh*t draft pick :( 

Just now, jack48 said:

Ha ha.  True.  But if he is benched again, Bowles has still lost something with his team.  

i don't think so.  i think fitz has lost something with the team.  he came across as a resentful, whiny, entitled brat yesterday.  woody, mccags and bowles have been great to him.  he is the 32nd rated starting qb and leads the league in ints, and he goes on this rant about being dissed.  grow up, realize you suck, own it and STFU.  be the leader you claim you are.  i have no doubt his teammates are wondering why he would call out the coach, owner and gm.  he is now toxic, any player that sides with him can be perceived to be anti-establishment.

Just now, varjet said:

I don't think so.  If Geno was not hurt, he would be starting.  Everyone knows that.

Maybe.  But you just cannot let a guy talk to the world like that about you if you ar ein charge.  I am surprised Woody and Macc are sitting still for it.  The Jets brass alwayswind up  over a barrel whenit comes to stuff like this.brass 

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I know what 'ceding" authority is.  Bowles hs weakened himself in the eyes of the players, particularly younger players. Players always look for signs of weakness, of what they can get away with.  Bowles has lost some respect.  I realize with Geno hurt he is in a tough spot, but he basically let Fitz roll over him in public.  And do not worry whether I know what words mean.  Fitz in effect has cut a piece out of Bowles' team leadership.

I said maybe. LOL

Now I know what you mean. I'm not sure it makes a difference, these guys don't seem to fear/respect Bowles anyway. Fair point though.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think so.  i think fitz has lost something with the team.  he came across as a resentful, whiny, entitled brat yesterday.  woody, mccags and bowles have been great to him.  he is the 32nd rated starting qb and leads the league in ints, and he goes on this rant about being dissed.  grow up, realize you suck, own it and STFU.  be the leader you claim you are.  i have no doubt his teammates are wondering why he would call out the coach, owner and gm.  he is now toxic, any player that sides with him can be perceived to be anti-establishment.

I hope that turns out to be true, but when Fitz came in yesterday, the OL picked up its game considerably.  I think he has a lot of players in his camp.  Camp Stink.  Even when he does zippo, he has supporters.  That is not good.

13 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.

Fitzpatrick's comments are being overblown by the media and the Geno Myhero's to be something they are not.

He was asked a question about what his day was like.  He said he was only prepared to come into the game if the Jets were running the Wildcat (funny) and then said throughout his career it has been hard when an owner, GM, and head coach don't believe in you any more and all you have is your own belief in yourself.

As a 33 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years he is uniquely qualified to make this comment.  He's had 6 owners, 6 GM's, and 6 head coaches go cold on him and the way he has survived this long is to believe in himself.

That's hardly a criticism of the Jets as an organization or a front office. 

SAR I

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I said maybe. LOL

Now I know what you mean. I'm not sure it makes a difference, these guys don't seem to fear/respect Bowles anyway. Fair point though.

You may well be right.  I am talking coaching 101.  I have no feel for Bowles and his locker room.  It is a mystery.  Not good fr the younger guys to see.  They have enough to worry about.

Just now, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick's comments are being overblown by the media and the Geno Myhero's to be something they are not.

He was asked a question about what his day was like.  He said he was only prepared to come into the game if the Jets were running the Wildcat (funny) and then said throughout his career it has been hard when an owner, GM, and head coach don't believe in you any more and all you have is your own belief in yourself.

As a 33 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years he is uniquely qualified to make this comment.  He's had 6 owners, 6 GM's, and 6 head coaches go cold on him and the way he has survived this long is to believe in himself.

That's hardly a criticism of the Jets as an organization or a front office. 

SAR I

Come on. It was innuendo plain and simple.  This is not a court of law.

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I hope that turns out to be true, but when Fitz came in yesterday, the OL picked up its game considerably.  I think he has a lot of players in his camp.  Camp Stink.  Even when he does zippo, he has supporters.  That is not good.

the run blocking was good, fitz took a few hits though.

Archived