Sounds like Bowles if finally fed up

AFJF

24 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Actions speak louder then words, not giving Fitz the starting job back even if it ment starting Hackenberg would have been the real play.

Not giving Fitzpatrick the starting job back is biting off your nose to spite your face. Fitz gives this team the best chance to win and should start. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

He'd be clearing out his locker after the KC fiasco if Parcells were  HC.

Parcells stuck with Rick Mirer to the tune of 5 tds - 9 ints - 22 sacks and a lost season in 1999.  for all the brusk tough talking Head coaches they still stick with starters too long.

31 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The reason Jets fans wanted Fitzpatrick back (I was not one of them) is because they've seen three years of competent quarterback play from Jets QB's over the past 45 years. 

Forgive them if they were fooled into thinking they had a competent QB in Fitzpatrick.

I can't forgive them, sorry.  They had 11 years worth of film, 5 different teams to consult with, there was no way that last year's 10 win season was anything but a Ryan Fitzpatrick fluke.

That said, I supported their decision to resign him for one important reason:  The schedule.  There was no way you could throw Petty or Hackenberg at the murderer's row of teams we just faced.  Back in April, the only way to possibly (and I stress the word "possibly") eke out a wildcard berth with this early schedule was to retain Fitzpatrick and hope he could pull off another run like he did at the end of last season when he set Jet records and gelled with the receivers.  They gambled and lost.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The majority of Jets fans start booking Super Bowl hotel reservations every time we fire a head coach, hire a new one, an accidentally rattle off 10 unexpected wins.

If Jets fans demonstrate the patience for a bonafide rebuild, perhaps we'd finally get one.

SAR I

I wouldn't blame the fans for this.  Front offices,coaches ans owners get deceived by 10 win seasons as much as anyone, perhaps moreso thinking ' we are close'  Our GM's moves this past off season indicated a we are close mentality, rather than we are in rebuild mode. 

37 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

This team has been bad in virtually EVERY facet of the game. Get rid of the QB and you are stuck with the sh*t play of the other units. On top of it, they are old and lack speed against elite teams. Good luck to whomever is behind center. Even the center snaps have been bad this year. And you think they could find a punter one of these years?

Bingo.

Hey, the quarterbacks suck, no doubt about it.  But Smith is a never-was and Fitz is a career journeyman, we knew what to expect, didn't we?

But I believed 100% that we were going to have the Top 3 NFL defense we were promised and that is the reason we are 2-5 today.

I give Woody Johnson credit for running the biggest scapegoat factory in the league, though.  Blame Favre, blame Sanchez, blame Fitzpatrick.  Blame a bunch of washed up guys or raw rookies.  But never blame the defense.

The Darrelle Revis signing is 10x the fail that the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing was.  20 threads on Geno and Fitz.  Is there a single on one our most expensive player and our biggest failure as a person, defensive back, and leader?  Nope.  Does Revis ever get the podium and called on the carpet for the train wreck he's allowed our secondary to be?  Nope. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

Hey, the quarterbacks suck, no doubt about it.  But Smith is a never-was and Fitz is a career journeyman, we knew what to expect, didn't we?

But I believed 100% that we were going to have the Top 3 NFL defense we were promised and that is the reason we are 2-5 today.

I give Woody Johnson credit for running the biggest scapegoat factory in the league, though.  Blame Favre, blame Sanchez, blame Fitzpatrick.  Blame a bunch of washed up guys or raw rookies.  But never blame the defense.

The Darrelle Revis signing is 10x the fail that the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing was.  20 threads on Geno and Fitz.  Is there a single on one our most expensive player and our biggest failure as a person, defensive back, and leader?  Nope.

SAR I

And the fans play right into it every time....

27 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Agreed. Much to do about nothing. This team is 2-5 I'M GLAD THAT EVERYBODY IS ANGRY. 

Exactly.  They should be.

Let Fitzpatrick be angry he was benched.  Let Bowles be angry since he doesn't lift a finger on offense.  Let Maccagnan and Johnson get an earful from a quarterback they never should have resigned.  It's a circus, but a more meaningful one this time.  Perhaps they'll learn.

Meanwhile, the schedule is set up for us to get to 5-5.  And then the starry-eyed Jets fans whining about Fitzpatrick today will be buying his jerseys, saying how his presser was the turning point of the season.  SOJ

SAR I

19 minutes ago, jack48 said:

There was nothing subliminal about it.  He made a sh*t comment and nobody will make him answer for it because Geno is down.

Stop it already.

Show me one other instance where Ryan Fitzpatrick ever said anything nasty to anyone in any of the organizations he was a part of.  He's not that kind of guy.  But show me the press conferences when he shows a unique self-reflection and honesty and you'll find a ton of them. 

And by the way, what did you want him to say yesterday?  Did you want a "next man up" comment?  A "we play as a team" comment?  How many of these pre-planned and canned cliche's do you need every Sunday exactly?

I like the honesty.  You think it's malicious honesty, I think it's self-deprecating honesty.  Either way, it's honest.  Not some 7-9 bullsh*t.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Not giving Fitzpatrick the starting job back is biting off your nose to spite your face. Fitz gives this team the best chance to win and should start. 

Exactly.

This season is all about sequencing.  If we had our easy games early instead of the other way around we'd be 5-2 and in second place in the division and everyone would be very happy with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

At 34 years old and on his 6th team in 11 years, we know what he is capable of.  He can beat the scrubs, not the elites.  This is not a surprise to anyone.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let Fitzpatrick be angry he was benched.  Let Bowles be angry since he doesn't lift a finger on offense.  Let Maccagnan and Johnson get an earful from a quarterback they never should have resigned.  It's a circus, but a more meaningful one this time.  Perhaps they'll learn.

Meanwhile, the schedule is set up for us to get to 5-5.  And then the starry-eyed Jets fans whining about Fitzpatrick today will be buying his jerseys, saying how his presser was the turning point of the season.  SOJ

SAR I

No freakin' way fans here are that stupid.  I was disappointed the majority here wanted Fitz back, but now there's no way they'd be dumb enough to fall for the same old BS again.

Right?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick's comments are being overblown by the media and the Geno Myhero's to be something they are not.

He was asked a question about what his day was like.  He said he was only prepared to come into the game if the Jets were running the Wildcat (funny) and then said throughout his career it has been hard when an owner, GM, and head coach don't believe in you any more and all you have is your own belief in yourself.

As a 33 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years he is uniquely qualified to make this comment.  He's had 6 owners, 6 GM's, and 6 head coaches go cold on him and the way he has survived this long is to believe in himself.

That's hardly a criticism of the Jets as an organization or a front office. 

SAR I

I agree. He didn't say they didn't have reason to loose faith in him. He didn't call them out, or blame other people or say that they were wrong. He basically said they lost faith in him (which they did) and it hurt (which it clearly did). And, that it has happened to him before and he knows what it feels like. He said he tried to be professional, move on, and be ready to come in. He was glad to be able to play, but he didn't want to be because of Geno's injury.

It was a little too much wearing his heart on his sleeve for me, but nothing terrible.

The chip on the shoulder comment is a bit silly. It wasn't like he was benched for one bad play, 1 bad quarter, or one bad game. Be angry if you want, but he sucked and the FO stood by him longer than they probably should have.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wouldn't blame the fans for this.  Front offices,coaches ans owners get deceived by 10 win seasons as much as anyone, perhaps moreso thinking ' we are close'  Our GM's moves this past off season indicated a we are close mentality, rather than we are in rebuild mode. 

I think it's a rebuild-on-the-fly scenario where Maccagnan has two projects in the incubator and needed Fitzpatrick to bridge him another year to the Petty/Hackenberg era.

Most of us in this forum had the Jets at 7-9 this year.  It's where we will wind up.  No surprises here except for the sequencing of the schedule.  Had our easy games came early, we'd be 5-2 right now and feeling good.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

This season is all about sequencing.  If we had our easy games early instead of the other way around we'd be 5-2 and in second place in the division and everyone would be very happy with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

At 34 years old and on his 6th team in 11 years, we know what he is capable of.  He can beat the scrubs, not the elites.  This is not a surprise to anyone.

SAR I

Kinda like the Bills who we may be catching up to quite soon. Very good chance we are just one game behind them with a head to head win to boot after this week. And everyone is talking big in B'lo land!

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

SAR I

I would, however, like to see a game against an elite team where the defense doesn't fold like a cheap suit, the running game clicks, and the special teams actually contribute. When these units falter, as happens almost always, Fitz has little hope when asked to totally carry the team. I have seen one busted coverage after another, a lack of a pass rush, virtually no turnovers by the defense, undisciplined penalties, shanked punts, missed chip shots, fumbled snaps for touchdowns, 1st and 20's, drive starts inside the ten, and more dropped passes than you can shake a stick at!!!

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Bowles' comment reminds me of Parcells.

Actually this quote sounds more like Parcells.

“I don’t have any thoughts on backup players saying anything,” Bowles said curtly.

“They’re backups for a reason,” he added.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Sure Young would feel that way, he felt like he got a raw deal having to play in the after shadow of Joe Montana. Likewise Ryan Fitzpatrick has had to live in the shadows of Geno Smith, Ryan Mallett, Trent Edwards etc..... Poor Ryan has had such a tough time battling and losing out to some of these all time greats. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Sure Young would feel that way, he felt like he got a raw deal having to play in the after shadow of Joe Montana. Likewise Ryan Fitzpatrick has had to live in the shadows of Geno Smith, Ryan Mallett, Trent Edwards etc..... Poor Ryan has had such a tough time battling and losing out to some of these all time greats. 

Fitz has "lived in the shadows" because for 12 years he has not gotten the job done or his teamS in the playoffs.  Might be a nice person, but as an NFL QB he's a bum.

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Kinda like the Bills who we may be catching up to quite soon. Very good chance we are just one game behind them with a head to head win to boot after this week. And everyone is talking big in B'lo land!

Precisely.  Their easy games came early.  

As a bit of a bonus, Ryan Fitzpatrick will get a chance to cost Rex Ryan his job in what will likely be both men's last NFL appearances. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Parcells stuck with Rick Mirer to the tune of 5 tds - 9 ints - 22 sacks and a lost season in 1999.  for all the brusk tough talking Head coaches they still stick with starters too long.

Do you think Parcells would have stuck with Mirer if he threw  Parcells under the bus in a presser. Not a chance.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.  Their easy games came early.  

As a bit of a bonus, Ryan Fitzpatrick will get a chance to cost Rex Ryan his job in what will likely be both men's last NFL appearances. 

SAR I

Doesn't matter we were doomed when we didn't go 2-0 right ???

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fitz has "lived in the shadows" because for 12 years he has not gotten the job done or his teamS in the playoffs.  Might be a nice person, but as an NFL QB he's a bum.

During the standoff this summer, I firmly believe that Fitzpatrick told the Jets he didn't need the money and could easily retire and focus on his family.  And then I believe the Jets coaxed him with promises of giving him a chance to perform, keeping his family rooted, and helping to nurture our young prospects. So he signed a deal he wasn't happy with for an organization that acted like they valued him. 

But in typical Jets fashion, as soon as things went south with our high-priced defense and our record plummeted they scapegoated Fitz like they did Sanchez before him and it was a betrayal he is not happy with because he didn't need this, he could have retired. 

Fitzpatrick's press conference comes from the confidence of a man with a net worth of $24 million dollars who knows he's not going to be playing next season and isn't going to be wearing the scapegoat horns for this defensive clown show.    And if he has a grudge against Woody Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, and Todd Bowles he's going to let them have it because he has nothing to lose. 

SAR I

During the standoff this summer, I firmly believe that Fitzpatrick told the Jets he didn't need the money and could easily retire and focus on his family.  And then I believe the Jets coaxed him with promises of giving him a chance to perform, keeping his family rooted, and helping to nurture our young prospects. So he signed a deal he wasn't happy with for an organization that acted like they valued him. 

But in typical Jets fashion, as soon as things went south with our high-priced defense and our record plummeted they scapegoated Fitz like they did Sanchez before him and it was a betrayal he is not happy with because he didn't need this, he could have retired. 

Fitzpatrick's press conference comes from the confidence of a man with a net worth of $24 million dollars who knows he's not going to be playing next season and isn't going to be wearing the scapegoat horns for this defensive clown show.   

SAR I

SAR I I think its more on the line of Fitzpatrick sucks but he doesn't think he sucks. 

Fitzpatrick's press conference comes from the confidence of a man with a net worth of $24 million dollars who knows he's not going to be playing next season and isn't going to be wearing the scapegoat horns for this defensive clown show.   

SAR I

Fitz cost us the season. Basically it was a 2 game season or so we were told  The D played very well in the Cincy game , but Fitz couldn't get us in the endzone so Fitz cost us the season - am I doing this right . 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Spot on Sar I. At this pace, the NY JETS will never be anything but a mediocre franchise at best.  Ownership must stop pulling the strings and stop strategizing every move around some guy riding in on a white horse playing QB saving us all....it just doesnt work that way folks. It's about winning. Teams win championships, not players. The Niners, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Packers and as much as I hate admitting it, the Patriots  are the class of the league because theTeam always comes first. 

Question for you all...  the Patriots played the Steelers this weekend without rothlisberger. Regardless, the Steelers were playing at home and up until late in the 4th quarter,  they had a decent chance of winning the game. They fell short  but their team put up a good fight. Now let's assume that the Jets were playing the Steelers without Roethlisberger. Can anyone out there honestly tell me  a healthy Jets would beat the Steelers? No way, no how...we're just not good enough. The Steelers didn't cave in and stop playing...even without rothlisberger. I bet their fans didn't give up hope. Over in Jetland, Decker goes down or Harris or Mangold or whomever and it's the end of our season.

Listen fellow Jet fans, if you want to blame this year soley on fitzpatrick's play, then you haven't been watching closely.you're only fooling yourself.  EVERYBODY has a part of the blame. We played 6 playoff caliber teams and won only once ( I know I'm being generous calling the Bills a playoff team ) isn't that proof enough to realize that this team is any good?

We'll only become a good team when owner gets out of the way... please Woody let Macagdan and bowles do their thing....I'm not holding my breath. Last year's 10 win season gave us a false sense of security thinking that this team was ready to take it to the next level and begin competing with the top teams in the league. Well, we were wrong to Believe this. It's clear that this team has too many holes to cover up.  From playing 2 rookie line backers, a questionable secondary, an iffy offensive line , aging stars that have always been suspect to numerous injuries and lastly,  ajourneyman QB that's always been hot or cold...we're a looooong way from the mountain top.

So Fitz is angry at management...so should we. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Again, I don't think he called anyone out.  To me it was an honest introspection of the life of a journeyman quarterback after a very difficult month on the field and tough couple of days after he was fired.

And, of course, here we go again, blaming the quarterback as if that's the reason we're 2-5 when we were built to win on defense and the running game, both of which are being let off the hook in the Bowles era just like in the Ryan era.

Trust me, if Fitzpatrick really did want to call people out he'd have asked why Darrelle Revis, David Harris, Mo Wilkerson and the rest of the defensive failures aren't feeling the hot seat that the journeyman quarterback is.  Good question.

SAR I

That journeyman quarterback plays the most important position on the field if you didn't notice. That journeyman quarterback had a pretty good season last year and has been an absolute train wreck this year and he deserves every bit of criticism he gets. You make it seem that just because he has played with a lot of teams he shouldn't be held to NFL standards when he absolutely should. He sounded like a whiny ungrateful 12 million dollar bitch in his presser. He's a smart guy and knew exactly how it was going to come across to most people. Stop making excuses for the guy.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick's comments are being overblown by the media and the Geno Myhero's to be something they are not.

He was asked a question about what his day was like.  He said he was only prepared to come into the game if the Jets were running the Wildcat (funny) and then said throughout his career it has been hard when an owner, GM, and head coach don't believe in you any more and all you have is your own belief in yourself.

As a 33 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years he is uniquely qualified to make this comment.  He's had 6 owners, 6 GM's, and 6 head coaches go cold on him and the way he has survived this long is to believe in himself.

That's hardly a criticism of the Jets as an organization or a front office. 

SAR I

My feeling as well.

5 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

If they didn't admonish Geno for trolling the team on social media during a losing streak, they're not gonna' do it to Fitz for idiotic comments about his feelings about being benched.

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Fitz cost us the season. Basically it was a 2 game season or so we were told  The D played very well in the Cincy game , but Fitz couldn't get us in the endzone so Fitz cost us the season - am I doing this right . 

No, you are not doing this right. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick gave his overrated and underperforming defense the lead with 2 minutes left and they let the Bengals go right down the field and score. 

Fitzpatrick is supposed to be a mediocre quarterback  Our defense is supposed to be Top 3.

SAR I

Archived