Sounds like Bowles if finally fed up

AFJF

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

Hey, the quarterbacks suck, no doubt about it.  But Smith is a never-was and Fitz is a career journeyman, we knew what to expect, didn't we?

But I believed 100% that we were going to have the Top 3 NFL defense we were promised and that is the reason we are 2-5 today.

I give Woody Johnson credit for running the biggest scapegoat factory in the league, though.  Blame Favre, blame Sanchez, blame Fitzpatrick.  Blame a bunch of washed up guys or raw rookies.  But never blame the defense.

The Darrelle Revis signing is 10x the fail that the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing was.  20 threads on Geno and Fitz.  Is there a single on one our most expensive player and our biggest failure as a person, defensive back, and leader?  Nope.  Does Revis ever get the podium and called on the carpet for the train wreck he's allowed our secondary to be?  Nope. 

SAR I

This is all Geno and Fitz's fault. Had Geno just payed Ik he would have started last year with Fitz backing him up. We would have sucked ensuring the top pick. Instead Fitz lights it up and we win 10 games. We would have had the #1 pick and grabbed Wentz.  We coulda been somebody. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Powpow said:

This is all Geno and Fitz's fault. Had Geno just payed Ik he would have started last year with Fitz backing him up. We would have sucked ensuring the top pick. Instead Fitz lights it up and we win 10 games. We would have had the #1 pick and grabbed Wentz.  We coulda been somebody. 

Yes. We fire all these head coaches then do something stupid like win 10 games and get lousy draft position. 

And when we do get a good first round quarterback we don't support him and run him out of town because the Buttfumble.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Steve Young shows that just because you go to law school doesn't mean that you are very bright. :)

Micheal Kay is a ****in idiot. Loved to hear Young tell him to stop making Fitz's comments more than they were. He's a nauseating skankee fan and a ****in troll who hates the Jets and Mets. That interview totally backfired on his fat ass. 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop it already.

Show me one other instance where Ryan Fitzpatrick ever said anything nasty to anyone in any of the organizations he was a part of.  He's not that kind of guy.  But show me the press conferences when he shows a unique self-reflection and honesty and you'll find a ton of them. 

And by the way, what did you want him to say yesterday?  Did you want a "next man up" comment?  A "we play as a team" comment?  How many of these pre-planned and canned cliche's do you need every Sunday exactly?

I like the honesty.  You think it's malicious honesty, I think it's self-deprecating honesty.  Either way, it's honest.  Not some 7-9 bullsh*t.

SAR I

Fitz told like it is. His comments were quite subtle and Machiavellian. Underneath it all he felt insulted for being benched in favor of the pos Smith. He felt if the Jet organization had faith in him to pay him12 million, then they should have faith in him to pull them out of the hole THEY got themselves in. Instead they opted to go to Smith, who's nothing more than a wannabe, and again proved to be a self destructive waste. When Smith got injured you see Fitz on the sidelines warming up and there's an air about him. It was like he was saying, '**** Mac and Bowles, I should just stay on the sidelines and let them bring them in Bilal'. 

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Actions speak louder then words, not giving Fitz the starting job back even if it ment starting Hackenberg would have been the real play.

Mac likes his job and his coffee. Like UnitedWho said that would have been all time stupid.

10 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Actually I think it was a good line by Bowles.  

First time Bowles has showed ANY emotion. He was really pissed. LOL it took Fitz to tell it like it is. Maybe this lights a fire under everybody's ass.  Mac, Woody, Fireman Ed the whole damn team and fans included. 

11 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Funny, Fitzpatrick didn't talk about the delay of game penalty he took in the red zone that could have cost the Jets a TD, and the timeout he had to burn to avoid yet another delay of game call. He's not the reason the Jets won yesterday, and his time is done here. Sorry his feelings are hurt, but that's the reality

No that's your illusion.

Check out this piping hot lede from Manish. I'd post the entire article, but I'm afraid my phone would melt from the hotness:

Starship 7 Enterprises boldly tried to go where no quarterback had gone since man first walked on the Moon before getting lost somewhere in Deep Space.

Geno Smith’s bizarre four-year trip through the Jets cosmos is over.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Check out this piping hot lede from Manish. I'd post the entire article, but I'm afraid my phone would melt from the hotness:

Starship 7 Enterprises boldly tried to go where no quarterback had gone since man first walked on the Moon before getting lost somewhere in Deep Space.

First good thing he's ever written.

5 hours ago, Powpow said:

We'd likely have grabbed Goff at #1, started him Week 1, and had him out of the league in the near future.

Because Jets.

20 minutes ago, jamesr said:

We'd likely have grabbed Goff at #1, started him Week 1, and had him out of the league in the near future.

Because Jets.

I think Goff has a chance to be great. But I agree with your assessment. Only Namath survived this madness and that's because Weeb was a genius. 

Bowles gave it right back to Fitz. About the turnovers. I thought what he said was spot on. He's not ripping the player but telling it like it is. As for Goff he is now reportedly getting more first team reps. Keenum was pretty bad in London and I'm sure they are evaluating a switch. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, you are not doing this right. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick gave his overrated and underperforming defense the lead with 2 minutes left and they let the Bengals go right down the field and score. 

Fitzpatrick is supposed to be a mediocre quarterback  Our defense is supposed to be Top 3.

SAR I

I agree with you here but not on the Fitz comments. Say them on Monday, its a non story. Right after the game is the wrong time.

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Was there a coherent thought in this interview?  lol

Not sure, but I disagree with anyone who says Fitz was in the right.

What game you going to next?  

I'm fed up too. With a head coach who doesn't know not to punt when you're down 2 scores half way through the 4th quarter against an elite QB. Who doesn't know that you don't save any time by waiting until after the 2 minute warning to call a time out when the clock is running. Who is a defensive coach with solid (not elite, but solid) back 7 talent but continually gives up huge, game-changing plays. With a guy who says "the effort is there" after seeing his defensive players jog in pursuit as David Johnson ripped of a 50+ yard touchdown run UNTOUCHED and people around the NFL are describing the Jets D as "logs in a river." With a guy who doesn't replace his QB when he throws 4 picks in three quarters despite still having a shot to win the game. Then does replace him as starter a game too soon, when the season is still, perhaps, salvageable and the team is finally entering a stretch of somewhat more winnable games (it was a game too early for Geno -- for better or for worse, after coming this far with Fitz, he needed to see how he could do against the Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns of the world). The guy has no creativity, and no feel for the job. He's in way over his head. I'm a big believer that people can change -- but I'm skeptical that Bowles will be able to grow as a head coach enough to ever really preside over a championship caliber team with the Jets.

4 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I agree with you here but not on the Fitz comments. Say them on Monday, its a non story. Right after the game is the wrong time.

If you watch the entire presser from start to finish you will see that the press caught Fitzpatrick in a moment of self-reflection and honesty.

At least watch the first 3 minutes:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Postgame-Press-Conference-1023/4ec3244c-a956-476d-bac0-a5e1e4d1eca1

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you watch the entire presser from start to finish you will see that the press caught Fitzpatrick in a moment of self-reflection and honesty.

At least watch the first 3 minutes:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Postgame-Press-Conference-1023/4ec3244c-a956-476d-bac0-a5e1e4d1eca1

SAR I

He was definitely honest, that's for sure. Seemed calculated and unnecessary to me. Hope to see you at the next game, you were missed. At least your kids enjoyed the game!

On October 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

I was really hoping Bowles would be different than Rex, who did absolutely nothing after Santonio Holmes pulled his crap during the 2011 season finale in Miami. Like Rex with WRs that year, Bowles really has no other QB to turn to at this point, unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Looks like I only have 2 left on the schedule. 

NE and Miami.

Slight chance I'm there for the Rams. 

So maybe 3.

Sweet.  I'll be at every game except Buffalo.  We should grab a beer and talk a bit more Fitz/Geno...then we can argue over which is better, ebola or the plague?

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Bowles gave it right back to Fitz. About the turnovers. I thought what he said was spot on. He's not ripping the player but telling it like it is. As for Goff he is now reportedly getting more first team reps. Keenum was pretty bad in London and I'm sure they are evaluating a switch. 

I'd love to see the write up here if it was our team playing in London on Sunday ... yes, Keenum threw 4 INTs, but 3 were all on the WR, with Austin guilty on two. On the Collins pick 6 he batted it right up in the air, and on the end zone INT later on he fell down the instant the DB came anywhere near him. The game ending INT was a bad read by Quick, who ran a quick hitch instead of the fade, easiest INT ever for the DB (who should have called a fair catch it was coming in like a punt :-) ).

If that had been our QB he'd be getting defended to the bitter end. ;-) 

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I'd love to see the write up here if it was our team playing in London on Sunday ... yes, Keenum threw 4 INTs, but 3 were all on the WR, with Austin guilty on two. On the Collins pick 6 he batted it right up in the air, and on the end zone INT later on he fell down the instant the DB came anywhere near him. The game ending INT was a bad read by Quick, who ran a quick hitch instead of the fade, easiest INT ever for the DB (who should have called a fair catch it was coming in like a punt :-) ).

If that had been our QB he'd be getting defended to the bitter end. ;-) 

Are you kidding. Fitz was getting killed even when he had good games and we won. 

23 minutes ago, jamesr said:

He still has some arguing that about 10 of the INTs weren't his fault ... :wacko:

I don't know who said that. It wasn't all his fault. Because when you play from behind esp in the 4th quarter like on week 17 you are putting yourself in a position to throw picks. But some of those picks were poor judgment and other weak throws. Mostly bad judgment and just stupid plays. A great way to lose your job as a Qb. There might have been a few tipped balls, I think there were a few I forget. But overall some of the fan base here has been opposed to him for a long time. I'll give these guys credit. They are not fair weather fans. They hated him last year too. Remember when he would make a completion and some of them said a TD play was an almost interception,. You have to really hate a Qb to say s like that. 

Let's be real... the team is losing because the team is playing very poorly and it seems (because we do not know if the poor execution is because of coaching or the players... I think both but that's my opinion) is being badly coached.  

Fitz deserve the criticism because he is the worst QB in the league.... Bowles deserves criticism for not having his team ready to play, for the poor execution and poor coaching decisions by his staff.  

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

I was really hoping Bowles would be different than Rex, who did absolutely nothing after Santonio Holmes pulled his crap during the 2011 season finale in Miami. Like Rex with WRs that year, Bowles really has no other QB to turn to at this point, unfortunately. 

Sorry. Big difference between a QB that was benched moping that the FO has lost faith in him, and a trouble maker mouthing off and quitting during the game. Not the same thing at all.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry. Big difference between a QB that was benched moping that the FO has lost faith in him, and a trouble maker mouthing off and quitting during the game. Not the same thing at all.

Both things are detrimental to the team and display a me first attitude. Neither should be tolerated, but Fitz really has to be because we have no other alternative at QB, even with Petty healthy, that's all.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

giphy.gif

Archived