MNF

whodeawhodat

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos have the most impactful CB & most impactful DE in the NFL. Those two positions just happen to be the two most important positions in today's NFL outside of the QB. They also have a top 3 defensive coordinator who has had incredible success at literally every place he's ever been a DC. 

They also have playmakers on either side and lined up behind the QB. They also have a HC/OC who is as close to a "QB whisperer" as there is in the NFL; and one who has implemented a strong zone blocking scheme to supplement their two very solid RBs, and support an otherwise below-average offensive line. 

They are the truest definition of a modern NFL team that can win with nothing more than a risk-averse game manager at QB. 

The Jets, are not. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad that Jets fans hate Geno so much they wish ill will on the person not the player. 

He's someone's son,brother,uncle.

Very pathetic. 

How is it even possible that that's what you got from my post?

I was pointing out your insane hyperbole. A torn ACL is not "career ending". Not even remotely. Unless you're 40; in which case it would be career ending because of age; not because it is a debilitating injury. Get off it. 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The Broncos have the most impactful CB & most impactful DE in the NFL. Those two positions just happen to be the two most important positions in today's NFL outside of the QB. They also have a top 3 defensive coordinator who has had incredible success at literally every place he's ever been a DC. 

They also have playmakers on either side and lined up behind the QB. They also have a HC/OC who is as close to a "QB whisperer" as there is in the NFL; and one who has implemented a strong zone blocking scheme to supplement their two very solid RBs, and support an otherwise below-average offensive line. 

They are the truest definition of a modern NFL team that can win with nothing more than a risk-averse game manager at QB. 

The Jets, are not. 

Have to give their GM props too. Not many former players can make that transition. 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

How is it even possible that that's what you got from my post?

I was pointing out your insane hyperbole. A torn ACL is not "career ending". Not even remotely. Unless you're 40; in which case it would be career ending because of age; not because it is a debilitating injury. Get off it. 

It could be career ending. Are you a Dr? 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I'm still struggling with what pisses me off more.  Fitz acting like he has no idea he sucks or the management ignoring the fact that  last year was clearly the exception and not the rule.  

It's neither.  It's management not getting us a young QB good enough to justify letting one of Fitz/Geno go.  Petty isn't ready, Hack isn't ready, and we don't know how long it'll be before they ARE ready (if ever), because they're both project QB's who don't have a ton of upside as prospects. 

Had we gone into this season with Geno as the short-leashed starter OR cut him and gone with Fitz, with one of the young guys getting ready to go, that would have been a pretty good situation.  Instead, we decided to keep both because neither were ready at all.  Granted, Petty was hurt, but why couldn't Hackenberg be the # 2 while Petty got healthy?  Makes little sense.  Goff is the Rams # 2 even though they know he's not ready. 

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's neither.  It's management not getting us a young QB good enough to justify letting one of Fitz/Geno go.  Petty isn't ready, Hack isn't ready, and we don't know how long it'll be before they ARE ready (if ever), because they're both project QB's who don't have a ton of upside as prospects. 

Had we gone into this season with Geno as the short-leashed starter OR cut him and gone with Fitz, with one of the young guys getting ready to go, that would have been a pretty good situation.  Instead, we decided to keep both because neither were ready at all.  Granted, Petty was hurt, but why couldn't Hackenberg be the # 2 while Petty got healthy?  Makes little sense.  Goff is the Rams # 2 even though they know he's not ready. 

Yeah, it really is hard to swallow, no less so now than on Opening Day.  It's not even clear that if Petty was healthy they would have cut Smith.  We all have opinions about that, but in truth nobody knows.  What we do know is they went into the season with two guys dressed neither of whom was going to be on the team next year.  Who does that???

I get the argument it is a "special situation".  Yeah, one that ends up involving the Jets.  Doesn't happen to other teams.

And don't say the Broncos last year were that team.  The Broncos entered the season in 15 prepared to consider Osweiler as their Qb for this year.  Can't think offhand of any other team with this situation.

7 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah, it really is hard to swallow, no less so now than on Opening Day.  It's not even clear that if Petty was healthy they would have cut Smith.  We all have opinions about that, but in truth nobody knows.  What we do know is they went into the season with two guys dressed neither of whom was going to be on the team next year.  Who does that???

I get the argument it is a "special situation".  Yeah, one that ends up involving the Jets.  Doesn't happen to other teams.

And don't say the Broncos last year were that team.  The Broncos entered the season in 15 prepared to consider Osweiler as their Qb for this year.  Can't think offhand of any other team with this situation.

Amazing(not in a good way). Also filed under amazing, we carry 4 qbs on our roster and yet when 1 qb goes down we are 1 hit from having our RB take over as Qb...

15 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Amazing(not in a good way). Also filed under amazing, we carry 4 qbs on our roster and yet when 1 qb goes down we are 1 hit from having our RB take over as Qb...

And meanwhile during the Ravens game, you had Bowles getting paraphrased by the announcers, who had him saying the following:  "I can't tell you why we're carrying four yet but you'll see."

I mean....wtf.  Do we have a special secret weapon in that mix?  Were we planning to roll them all out there at once? 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And meanwhile during the Ravens game, you had Bowles getting paraphrased by the announcers, who had him saying the following:  "I can't tell you why we're carrying four yet but you'll see."

I mean....wtf.  Do we have a special secret weapon in that mix?  Were we planning to roll them all out there at once? 

Suddenly Tony Sporano appears in our booth and we roll out a three QB set. Each play is a different QB up the middle for three.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you've got a better way of running the University of Louisiana-Monroe's offense we'd all love to hear it smart guy.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If you've got a better way of running the University of Louisiana-Monroe's offense we'd all love to hear it smart guy.

Listen, the Warhawk Offense is going to be the wave of the future, I'm just wonder when we're going to see it, OK? 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I'm still struggling with what pisses me off more.  Fitz acting like he has no idea he sucks or the management ignoring the fact that  last year was clearly the exception and not the rule.  

They did treat him like it was an exception. That's why they only paid him $12m for one year. They didn't think he would do it again. If they thought it was the rule they would have signed him long term.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes because so many teams are looking to sign a sub par unproven QB with a history of a knee injury. 

Lol. You've been spamming this board non-stop for 8 months about Geno's untapped potential due to not having weaponz, and now that he's (for all intents and purposes) done with the Jets, he's a "sub-par unproven QB".

The way you and guys like villain have talked about him since January, you'd think he'd easily see a contract similar to Brock Oh-sh*t-weiler's when he's a FA this summer. 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Lol. You've been spamming this board non-stop for 8 months about Geno's untapped potential due to not having weaponz, and now that he's (for all intents and purposes) done with the Jets, he's a "sub-par unproven QB".

The way you and guys like villain have talked about him since January, you'd think he'd easily see a contract similar to Brock Oh-sh*t-weiler's when he's a FA this summer. 

He is still unproven yes or no?  I speak truth and facts. 

4 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

The silver lining to Geno's injury is that it reduces our QB roster to three which means hopefully Petty and/or Hack are going to at least get some starter reps in practice as the backup instead of splitting the reps between two guys who won't be on the roster next year.

I would be shocked if Petty played this year let alone Hack

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I don't see the bolded part as a good thing.

oh, def not.  it is nearly impossible to carry 4 qbs and have to use a rb as a qb but we were 1 hit away from it on sunday.  amazing i tell ya walter

Archived