Jets Need to See What they Have in Petty and Hackenberg

Big Blocker

Amazing how according to the article the Jets don't think much of Petty but a team with SB aspirations, the Vikings, wanted him to potentially start for them.

How about we believe what Mac has said before preseason that Petty had to improve to be the back-up and that whether or not Petty improves to be a starter really is up him and his determination.

As far as the Hack pick goes, it is clear that the Jets as an organization, are no longer going with the savior model, but rather the show me model to quote coach Bowles, which means who ever becomes the next significant QB for the Jets, it will because they did something to be placed there instead of given the spot as in Sanchez and Geno's cases

Look, Petty stinks. We all know this. We're not hitting some kind of lucky paydirt with some 4th round drafted QB. But we need to vet this out now. Throw him out there so we can move on from wondering to the reality that we need to be in the top two pick range and draft a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

If only the Jets FO cared as much about QBs as we do.

Well drafting one in the 4th and one in the 2nd in addition to signing FA Fitz, I would have to argue that they do. I think this regime will bring in QB's every year to see if they can get it right which is what a lot of us have been calling for for years. We are also keeping 4 on the roster. That has to mean something no?

The word was Macc was trying to trade for Wentz too.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Look, Petty stinks. We all know this. We're not hitting some kind of lucky paydirt with some 4th round drafted QB. But we need to vet this out now. Throw him out there so we can move on from wondering to the reality that we need to be in the top two pick range and draft a QB.

I don't know if I would say Petty stinks. If your basing it on what round he went in the draft..... Brady went in the 6th. And didn't start until his second year. I haven't seen enough of Petty to honestly say he stinks. But I do agree that we should see some playing time out of him this year. Our O-LINE is not like the Cowboys so I would not expect to see him come out like Dak but should be able to gauge him 

A lot of people are overlooking the Vikings QB situation. At the end of the year they will more than likely be parting with one of their QB's. I don't see Bridgewater or Bradford sitting the bench. While I'm not a big Bradford fan I would really like to see Bridgewater on the Jets. The Jets may dump alot of veterans at the end of the season. If Bradford gets the Vik's to the SB Bridgewater may be on the trading block. It might open up the Jets for a blockbuster trade. Drafting another QB would be rolling the dice again and they are pretty good at rolling snake eyes.

Lets see Bridgewater run again first.

I don't know if I would say Petty stinks. If your basing it on what round he went in the draft..... Brady went in the 6th. And didn't start until his second year. I haven't seen enough of Petty to honestly say he stinks. But I do agree that we should see some playing time out of him this year. Our O-LINE is not like the Cowboys so I would not expect to see him come out like Dak but should be able to gauge him 

Occam's Razor. Most 4th round QB's stink. Most Jets QB's stink. Combine the two....Petty stinks.

23 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Occam's Razor. Most 4th round QB's stink. Most Jets QB's stink. Combine the two....Petty stinks.

Only one way to find out.. He can't be worse than fitzgarbage.. And if he doesn't do well when we put him in, it could only mean he isn't ready yet.. Not like a scrub journeyman playing terrible in his last yr of his career..

Drops-Mic.jpg

Got me there bro. Pulling out the old philosophy book on the Jets blog.

57 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Only one way to find out.. He can't be worse than fitzgarbage.. And if he doesn't do well when we put him in, it could only mean he isn't ready yet.. Not like a scrub journeyman playing terrible in his last yr of his career..

Can't be worse than a guy who just set the franchise record for TD passes last season...what a crazy fan base.

Oh no doubt he needs to play I'm 100% with you there. But when he stinks none of this nonsense giving him more time. The worst thing this franchise can do is go into next year thinking Petty or Hack is the answer and not do everything it takes to draft a blue chip prospect.

Can't be worse than a guy who just set the franchise record for TD passes last season...what a crazy fan base.

Are you seriously going to hang your hat on Fitz's one solid season in a 12 year career, where he faced a historically easy (literally historically easy, where for the first time ever we faced the worst division in both conferences where the winners of each division only won 9 games, and the 2 opponents to round out the schedule OAK and ATL both did not have a winning record, and our own division was one of the weaker ones minus NE). Let's be 100% crystal clear-what you are seeing from Fitz this year is far more the norm within his overall career than what you saw last year. FITZ IS AWFUL! And every second he spends at QB hinders the organization from moving forward.

15 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Oh no doubt he needs to play I'm 100% with you there. But when he stinks none of this nonsense giving him more time. The worst thing this franchise can do is go into next year thinking Petty or Hack is the answer and not do everything it takes to draft a blue chip prospect.

This would be the purpose of getting him out there sooner rather than later. 

Is he too injured to see the field still? He probably is, as the team says, but I'm not sure I 100% buy it. He got a bruise, however badly, nearly 2 months ago. The expected time to return was 3-4 weeks from Sept 2nd (after the MRI revealed no structural damage). On October 3rd Bowles said he was already pretty close but wanted to see him do "a little more" that week. That he'd still be a couple of weeks away as we enter the last week of October, I don't know it doesn't add up. It'll add up less if Petty suits up at all, even as the backup. Meanwhile all that we've heard from Petty's own mouth - from before the Ravens game - is how he's itching to get his own chance on the field (without adding on "after I'm fully healed" or similar). 

If he plays that bad I agree with you.. And if that is case let him lose every game this season.. We can finally get low enough in draft  lto get a top qb prospect that always in top 5, more like top 3. 

Hackenberg in my opinion is not an option for 2016. So it's Fitzpatrick (smh) and Petty, I wish Petty a speedy recovery so he can be the starting QB ASAP. I'm done with Fitzpatrick. He's only starting because that's Bowles preference and Petty needs more time. 

On 10/25/2016 at 10:09 AM, MaxAF said:

A lot of people are overlooking the Vikings QB situation. At the end of the year they will more than likely be parting with one of their QB's. I don't see Bridgewater or Bradford sitting the bench. While I'm not a big Bradford fan I would really like to see Bridgewater on the Jets. The Jets may dump alot of veterans at the end of the season. If Bradford gets the Vik's to the SB Bridgewater may be on the trading block. It might open up the Jets for a blockbuster trade. Drafting another QB would be rolling the dice again and they are pretty good at rolling snake eyes.

I read on espn people are worried teddy may never be the same because of the knee injury.

Archived