Trade Deadline

SR24

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

You suggested we trade our Kicker.  Be assured, the :rolleyes: was 100% warranted.

And I'm not taking shots at you Sperm.  Do us both a favor and save the persecution complex routine.

I though we were old friends, I would think you'd have a thicker skin about the occasional :rolleyes:.

Thick skin jokes? What's with the passive aggressive insults? Been good to you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why wasn't he put on the IR? 

Why are the Jets the only team to carry  4 QB's in the NFL yet none of them are worth a damn. 

In Macc we trust those Texans looked good last night. 

LMAO making a comparison to Mcc and last nights game. Can't make this stuff up. Pure comedic gold on here. 

As for IR chief. He wouldn't be able to be activated off IR for at least 8 weeks. 

Petty is rusty now. Nowhere has it been reported that he is still injured. Rusty, not ready except in an emergency, yes but not injured. 

If he was injured he wouldn't have been back at practice the past 2 weeks now would he? 

Considering the backup QB gets very few reps during a game week as is it's safe to say Petty hasn't got that many. Guessing he & Hack will now. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He also said that they let Osweiler go. Not really, they tried to sign him but Houston overpaid.  If they didn't he would be a Bronco and Lynch wouldn't be in Denver.

Also, Peyton stayed in school not so he wouldn't get drafted by Parcells and the Jets but because Parcells would not rule out trading the pick of someone offered a boatload of picks and Archie didn't like that answer.   If Parcells gave his word that he would use the pick on Peyton he would have been a Jet.  

It's amazing all the nutty stories people come up with when this is right from the mouth of Peyton Manning's mother. The Jets had the #1 pick from before his bowl game. If he really wanted to avoid the Jets, he wouldn't have waited until freaking March to announce his return to Tennessee. He gave Tuna all the time he could to commit to taking him, and Tuna was on a 3-year plan and was big on the Jets not being just 1 player away (let alone 1 rookie QB away; a rookie QB who would be skipping his senior year at that). 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Taylor Mays was in the same classification as Vontaez Burfict no one wanted any part of either of them he's an upgrade over Gilchrist and Miles. 

He is not. Beside the fact that Gilchrist is a FS and Mays is a SS. 

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

Dude, Bryce Petty is hurt. it's not some conspiracy theory. The last time we all saw this player he was getting his armpit driven into field turf. We don't know what the injury is exactly or how bad it is or even how he's recovering. When I saw it, fwiw, it looked season ending at the time. It was an ugly injury. 

It's not that they "will not play him." he got hurt. sh*t happens. 

and side note Denver is a Super Bowl caliber club and they built a program around a HOF QB in Peyton Manning. The Jets tried to get Peyton Manning, remember? He stayed in school rather than let Parcells draft him. 

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. 

Not true Bit Parcells didn't want a QB since he was only staying for 3 years and he was trading down. Even Peytons mother said since he didn't hear from the Tuna he went back to school..

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Not true Bit Parcells didn't want a QB since he was only staying for 3 years and he was trading down. Even Peytons mother said since he didn't hear from the Tuna he went back to school..

Add this to the list of "Huh?" like Woody Johnson is cash poor, and his having money problems are the reason why Idzik didn't max out the cap like he feels the team should do every year no matter what. That was a good one, and he kept banging that drum for a good year or so.

9 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The NFL should push the trade deadline back at least a few weeks... more teams would be willing to sell if they were completely out and good teams more willing to buy because they've shown they can be good for a longer period of time. 

Good idea. However, Goodell is not in the business of making the game better.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Good idea. However, Goodell is not in the business of making the game better.

He's in the business of overexposing the sport by putting it on TV 3 days a week with more and more nationally televised games, including teams losing home games to freaking England, and over time it loses its novelty. Pushes for rule changes that make football into the NBA by making a stud QB indispensable 95% of the time when there aren't enough to go around, slaps on the wrist and cover ups for a serial cheating franchise, and penalty flags aplenty (arbitrarily enforced, of course) as though that's what the fans tuned in to see. Then he wonders out loud how & why viewership is down, even in the absence of implementing his dream of an 18 game regular season.

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's in the business of overexposing the sport by putting it on TV 3 days a week with more and more nationally televised games, including teams losing home games to freaking England, and over time it loses its novelty. Pushes for rule changes that make football into the NBA by making a stud QB indispensable 95% of the time when there aren't enough to go around, slaps on the wrist and cover ups for a serial cheating franchise, and penalty flags aplenty (arbitrarily enforced, of course) as though that's what the fans tuned in to see. Then he wonders out loud how & why viewership is down, even in the absence of implementing his dream of an 18 game regular season.

Not to mention the absurdity of making up punishment as he goes. For cheaters, for spousal abuse, for drugs, for crime, for wearing the wrong shoes, for dancing in the end zone the wrong way... you name it, he's ruined it.

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's amazing all the nutty stories people come up with when this is right from the mouth of Peyton Manning's mother. The Jets had the #1 pick from before his bowl game. If he really wanted to avoid the Jets, he wouldn't have waited until freaking March to announce his return to Tennessee. He gave Tuna all the time he could to commit to taking him, and Tuna was on a 3-year plan and was big on the Jets not being just 1 player away (let alone 1 rookie QB away; a rookie QB who would be skipping his senior year at that). 

Exactly, they were afraid that NO might want to grab his rights and the family didn't have fond memories of Archie's wasted career there.  

Somehow  wanting guarantees that he would be a Jet has been rewritten to he went back to school to avoid the Jets.  

A true SOJF fable 

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Id be willing to trade a year or 2 of first round picks for say a QB like Andrew Luck. 

I'd pull a Ditka, and trade a whole draft, plus the next years 1st rounder

I am over being in QB pergatory

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know how eager Indy is to trade another 1st round pick away after the Trent Richardson fiasco. If we get offered even a 2nd round pick for Sheldon, now that Mo is locked up, they should take it and thank their lucky stars. Anyone objecting can argue he's worth more than that all you want. He isn't worth more than that to us. If we had a pair of 2nd rounders (but no Sheldon) right now we wouldn't trade one of them away to get him with just the $8M option year remaining on his contract anyhow. 

Brandon Marshall for a (late) 2nd? Tough call. I know we have some good young talent, but this decision would be a lot easier if Decker wasn't out for the year. Looks really bad if we trade him away now. Don't forget for a pro bowl WR he's still not particularly expensive and is an outright bargain next year at $7.5M. I'd feel better if we got another pick in addition, if the 2nd rounder is going to be a later one like from KC.

It's best to get the most ideal value for them. But better to dump them a year too early than a year too late. Especially when we're not serious contenders in the short term anyhow.

I wouldn't fault Maccagnan for making either of these moves. 

Any chance we can parlay either of those 2nd's into a 5th string QB?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Any chance we can parlay either of those 2nd's into a 5th string QB?

See, now you're just being silly. With Geno out of the picture next year, and with Fitz or his replacement veteran certain to be inked for '17, we'll only need a rookie to become our replacement 4th string QB again. Hater.

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't be so narrow-minded: he plays below his ability and he can't cover for sh*t.

phelps.jpg

"I think he'll fit right in with our team concept."

Nice. i just made a major league reference is another thread. is it on cable right now? everyone's talking about it 

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Nice. i just made a major league reference is another thread. is it on cable right now? everyone's talking about it 

Major League never gets old, so it's coincidence I think. I saw your post in the other thread before I knew you'd seen this one & I was about to note that I'd just referenced it last night myself.

Awesome.

21 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

We took hackenburg in the second round of the same draft as chardale which I would assume means they liked hackenburg significantly more. What makes you think they would want chardale. If we keep petty and hack on the roster next season I would assume we target a veteran qb in the off-season as our backup they aren't going to enter next season with only qbs who have 0 nfl snaps.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Mac had his head in his ass.  Cardale is a better prospect than Hack. He passed on Dak Prescott for Hack too

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Mac had his head in his ass.  Cardale is a better prospect than Hack. He passed on Dak Prescott for Hack too

Look everyone passed on Prescott so let's not play that game. And Dallas supposedly wanted other Qbs over Dak including Connor Cook. Hopefully Petty can be our diamond in the rough, As for Cardale over Hack I don't know about that. 

18 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Hack may very well still be the better qb in the long run it is still early to tell.

He's got major throwing problems.  Everybody's acting like he's the uncut diamond.  Well it's a damaged diamond from

dealing with the worst OL in modern CFB history.  He's got a lot of potential, but do we have the right coaches

to teach him? I think Petty was actually learning more from Madden Football than our staff last year. 

He's got major throwing problems.  Everybody's acting like he's the uncut diamond.  Well it's a damaged diamond from
dealing with the worst OL in modern CFB history.  He's got a lot of potential, but do we have the right coaches
to teach him? I think Petty was actually learning more from Madden Football than our staff last year. 

All I am saying is that we should wait to see what we have before we write them off. There is a chance hack ends up being our future in a good way petty has that chance too. Also...petty looked night and day better than last season...he joked that he learned a lot playing Madden so that takes all the credit of his progression from our staff. Give me a break.

All I am saying is that we should wait to see what we have before we write them off. There is a chance hack ends up being our future in a good way petty has that chance too. Also...petty looked night and day better than last season...he joked that he learned a lot playing Madden so that takes all the credit of his progression from our staff. Give me a break.

I was joking I wasn't being literal. I'm just saying Petty has a lot to learn and still does. Not every QB coach is a guru.

6 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Teddy Bridgewater and Mike Glennon are two QB's I'd look into. I still believe in Teddy's talent and he showed grit in Seattle last year in the playoffs.

Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was pretty bad Mike Glennon is  intriguing thats if Macc and Bowles believe we have nothing in Petty or Hack

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was pretty bad Mike Glennon is  intriguing thats if Macc and Bowles believe we have nothing in Petty or Hack

It was an ACL. Same as Geno, except it happened in training camp. He doesn't rely on his athleticism, so he can be back fine like Flacco/Brady were plus he'd have a full year of recovery.

Just now, Mecca said:

It was an ACL. Same as Geno, except it happened in training camp. He doesn't rely on his athleticism, so he can be back fine like Flacco/Brady were plus he'd have a full year of recovery.

Reports I read said it was a nasty injury. At this point in time I'm not willing to gamble on a QB's health we need to explore other options, 

Teddy Bridgewater and Mike Glennon are two QB's I'd look into. I still believe in Teddy's talent and he showed grit in Seattle last year in the playoffs.

Teddy Bridgewater is the franchise qb of the vikings...he is not leaving their roster anytime soon. Bradford was an expensive temporary fix because they believe that the can make a Superbowl run this season. Idk where people on this forum get these crazy ideas that any team is going to willingly trade their franchise qb but it is not happening.

Archived