Jets Browns thoughts

UnitedWhofans

Jets ALWAYS play flat in Cleveland. We SHOULD pull out the win, but it will be a FRUSTRATING game to sit and watch.

Plus Sieazeland will be EXTRA boisterous & cocky with the RedTribe still playing baseball and the Cavs status as reigning NBA Champs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are probably going to be 5-5 heading into a bye week to prepare for the Patriots at home on Sunday Night Football.

While not optimal, if the defense, running game, and coaching get their acts together and give our quarterback some field position and more manageable situations all it will take is an upset of the Patriots to undo all the pain of the first six weeks of the season.  And if you look at the schedule we have 5 of our last 7 games at home and no team on there outside of NE is as daunting as the gauntlet we just ran.

SAR I

So more than a 4-day season? 

16 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

As much as my logical brain would like us to stink it up and get  real blue chip QB in the draft, I can't help but root. I catch myself thinking the same thing as you wrote... as sarcastic as I know it was :D

Getting benched for Geno Smith when you're a 12 year veteran, has to be the most humiliating and embarrassing moment of a persons career.  I think it lights a fire under Fitz and he some how reaches into his magic hat, waves his wand, says abracadabra and pulls out the Fitz of 2015.  The Jets proceed to go on a run like we've never seen before dropping only 1 game for the rest of the season (in New England) and proceed to make the wild card game.  They will then beat Oakland on the road and we will have a third meeting with the Patriots in New England and lose 53-3.  The Jets will then dance the do-si-do with Fitz all offseason, again...only to resign him again....and name him the start again...because Petty sucks and Hack needs 3 years before he's capable of putting on his shoulder pads and attempting a forward pass.

ESPN Staff Writer 

Early look-in at Jets practice: This is a banged-up team. The biggest concern is C Nick Mangold (ankle), who wasn't spotted at practice -- never an encouraging sign. Others that won't practice: DE Mo Wilkerson (ankle), LB Darron Lee (ankle), TE Kellen Davis (undisclosed), RB Bilal Powell (undisclosed) and CB Buster Skrine (undisclosed). DE Sheldon Richardson wasn't spotted, but he may be excused for a personal reason. His uncle was killed last week.

Cody Kessler - QB -  Browns

Cody Kessler (concussion) is not practicing Wednesday.

It's going to be a challenge for Kessler to advance through the league's protocol in time for Sunday against the Jets. Per beat writer Mary Kay Cabot, Josh McCown (collarbone) is "doing more" than he has the past few weeks and is pushing to play Week 8. It'll likely be McCown or UDFA Kevin Hogan.

Oct 26 - 1:42 PM

On 10/25/2016 at 1:28 PM, JiF said:

10-6 - here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-6?!!?!  I hope your just being sarcastic.

Three comments;

1) Cleveland has a good chance to win.

2) Not going to happen, no chance.

3) 10-6 with losses to several AFC contenders, that thing called tiebreakers, wouldn't be good enough for the #6 seed anyway.

Well, a look back at Jets history shows there is reason to think this is no sure thing. Four times the Jets have been a team’s only win. The 1968 Bills, 1972 Oilers, 1980 Saints and 1991 Colts all won one game — against the Jets.

Better b prepared to fight till then end....

58 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Three comments;

3) 10-6 with losses to several AFC contenders, that thing called tiebreakers, wouldn't be good enough for the #6 seed anyway.

Brace yourself. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Three comments;

We lost to KC, they will likely be in the wild card mix.

We lost to Pitt and Cincy ... likely scenario is that one of those teams (probably Pitt) will win the AFC North, the other one will potentially be in the wild card mix.

Other than that our losses were Arizona and Seattle; irrelevant in tie breakers.

We beat Buffalo, who right now figure to be in the wild card mix.

I'm not counting Baltimore as being in the mix; although they're 3-4, they're coming off a 4 game losing streak.

So realistically we're 1-2 against potential wild card competition. Not great, but not a disaster either.

Main difficulty will be getting to 10 wins in the first place.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Might have been easier to type out who actually practiced today.

Just saw this and it could be a lingering injury FUTHER DEPLETING our RB depth:

6594.jpg

Bilal Powell (toe) did not practice Wednesday.

Powell is battling turf toe, which is typically a multi-week injury. After Matt Forte resurrected from the dead in Week 7 with 155 total yards and two touchdowns on 34 touches, he could be in for a similar workload in a dream spot against the Browns. Forte is back on the RB1 map with Powell out.
Oct 26 - 3:46 PM

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Just saw this and it could be a lingering injury FUTHER DEPLETING our RB depth:

6594.jpg

Bilal Powell (toe) did not practice Wednesday.

Powell is battling turf toe, which is typically a multi-week injury. After Matt Forte resurrected from the dead in Week 7 with 155 total yards and two touchdowns on 34 touches, he could be in for a similar workload in a dream spot against the Browns. Forte is back on the RB1 map with Powell out.
Oct 26 - 3:46 PM

Here's a possible short term solution :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728367/article/seahawks-cut-veteran-running-back-cj-spiller

On 10/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, darook said:

So more than a 4-day season? 

The 4-day season was what it would take to win 11 or 12 games.

We are now in the land of the needed miracle, we'd have to be the KC Chiefs 2.0 and pull off an impossible 9-1 finish to get a wildcard without tiebreakers against the Chiefs, Steelers, Bengals, and another AFC team that will beat us down the stretch.

SAR I

I really don't feel great about this game. Mangold doubtful, we're banged up, and McCown is back.

Oh yeah, Terrelle Pryor might be the best athlete in the NFL and will have a field day running fly routes on Revis.

YES!!!! McCown is slow and will hold onto the ball allowing our D-Line more time to get to him. 

The Chronicle's Scott Petrak believes "everything points" to Josh McCown (shoulder) starting against the Jets.

Cody Kessler (concussion) did not practice again Thursday, and McCown was reportedly "humming the ball" in practice Wednesday. McCown will get the start and is a great streaming option at home against the Jets.
Oct 27 - 11:58 AM

josh-mccown-dive-and-fumble-against-jets

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I like our chances.. Gailey seems to have a brilliant game plan.." Chan Gailey says Jets' 'ideal' game plan involves limiting Ryan Fitzpatrick's throws"

I read where Forte and Powell are both banged up so is Pope going to carry the workload.

57 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

YES!!!! McCown is slow and will hold onto the ball allowing our D-Line more time to get to him. 

The Chronicle's Scott Petrak believes "everything points" to Josh McCown (shoulder) starting against the Jets.

Cody Kessler (concussion) did not practice again Thursday, and McCown was reportedly "humming the ball" in practice Wednesday. McCown will get the start and is a great streaming option at home against the Jets.
Oct 27 - 11:58 AM

josh-mccown-dive-and-fumble-against-jets

DeMario Davis know plays for the Browns

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on when you look at this game. The Browns still haven't won a game yet this season and probably they feel it's their easiest game of the year and best chance to win a game. From our point of view it should be an easy W. 

Archived