Race for the # 1 Pick

Jetsfan80

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:
7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Worst 8 teams ... Arizona are 9th.

Or are you excluding the Jets from the worst 8 as well?

If one is excluding the Jets themselves, which is precisely what I said, the remaining 8 worst teams would include Arizona. Otherwise it would be the 7 worst. 8 - 1 = 7 not 8 - 1 = 8 Seriously, are you this desperate to try for a putdown?

Wasn't trying to put you down, just wanted to check my understanding.

The way I read it was Jets are one of the worst 8, and five of the others are on our schedule. I see now that what you meant was out of the 8 worst teams that aren't the Jets, 5 are on our schedule.

Either way, the most depressing bit is that we're currently 1-3 against those other teams, with a West Coast road trip to come. (Although i guess we could look at it as we've beaten 2 teams with winning records this year :-) ).  

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Wasn't trying to put you down, just wanted to check my understanding.

The way I read it was Jets are one of the worst 8, and five of the others are on our schedule. I see now that what you meant was out of the 8 worst teams that aren't the Jets, 5 are on our schedule.

Either way, the most depressing bit is that we're currently 1-3 against those other teams, with a West Coast road trip to come. (Although i guess we could look at it as we've beaten 2 teams with winning records this year :-) ).  

A team can't play against itself. 

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nov 28 update:

#                             Team                                   Rec.   Rec. % SoS %
1 Cleveland Browns 0-12 0.000 0.549
2 San Francisco 49ers 1-10 0.091 0.517
3 Chicago Bears 2-9 0.182 0.514
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 2-9 0.182 0.531
5 New York Jets 3-8 0.273 0.506
6 Cincinnati Bengals 3-7-1 0.300 0.517
7 Los Angeles Rams (pick belongs to Titans) 4-7 0.364 0.500
8 Carolina Panthers 4-7 0.364 0.538
9 Arizona Cardinals 4-6-1 0.400 0.480
10 Green Bay Packers 4-6 0.400 0.529

We're taking the safety from Michigan.  Get used to it.  I watched the Ohio State game, and was shocked that it was only his first INT of the season.... This will be a total Jets pick.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mike Williams, WR, Clemson. 

He is special but this team needs to draft a pass rusher/QB/OL before they take a WR. Even if he is the next Julio Jones. Look at how many super  bowls the likes of Julio/Calvin Johnson/Dez/Marshall/AJ Green have. 

Plus we already have Marshall/Decker/Enunwa and Anderson. Not to mention Jalin/Devin who may or may not pan out. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He is special but this team needs to draft a pass rusher/QB/OL before they take a WR. Even if he is the next Julio Jones. Look at how many super  bowls the likes of Julio/Calvin Johnson/Dez/Marshall/AJ Green have. 

Plus we already have Marshall/Decker/Enunwa and Anderson. Not to mention Jalin/Devin who may or may not pan out. 

Don't disagree on the needs, but this guy is a game changing player. The game sat.vs South Carolina showed off his skill set tremendously. 

• 4 weeks later...

49ers screwed themselves and us today with a win comeback.

Had they lost, they'd have overtaken the Browns for the #1 overall pick.  As they beat the Rams, the Titans (via Rams) will remain ahead of us due to SOS.  If I'm not mistaken, leaving us at 6.

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

49ers screwed themselves and us today with a win comeback.

Had they lost, they'd have overtaken the Browns for the #1 overall pick.  As they beat the Rams, the Titans (via Rams) will remain ahead of us due to SOS.  If I'm not mistaken, leaving us at 6.

We were ahead of the Rams/Titans before. SOS might have flipped after that game though dropping us below them.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We won't get a high enough pick to get a game-changer. We'll stay crappy.

Ask the browns and the jaguars how all of their gamechangers are doing, better yet ask the Cheaters how rough it is that all the game changers have been out of their reach for so long.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Funny how the tiTans and Tampa with the picks jet fans say they "missed" will be watching the playoffs with us on the couch....again. 

Please tell me you are not that stupid? 

The Buccs and Titans are on their way to winning seasons with franchise QB's and The Jets are dumpster fire.

Archived