Hackenberg, Petty Split First-Team Reps

JetNation

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

It's going to be glorious on this boards when Hack comes in and plays like a franchise QB.

I don't necessarily think that will happen but your right it would be hysterical given the people who know everything have already dismissed him

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I don't necessarily think that will happen but your right it would be hysterical given the people who know everything have already dismissed him

It is almost guaranteeing he will have a hall of fame career and be the greatest QB in Jets history. If these same posters were defending him, I would be very, very nervous. lol

The jets are going to go on an epic run, fitz will play good enough that he does not get benched but will implode in the last game and we will miss the playoffs.

Net result. the team won;t want him back and they will not have given Petty or Hackenburg any game time and thus will not know what they will have.

Petty will get cut. the Jets will draft a Qb in the 7th round and trade for Jay Cutler.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets are going to go on an epic run, fitz will play good enough that he does not get benched but will implode in the last game and we will miss the playoffs.

Net result. the team won;t want him back and they will not have given Petty or Hackenburg any game time and thus will not know what they will have.

Petty will get cut. the Jets will draft a Qb in the 7th round and trade for Jay Cutler.

Cutler will be FA after the Bears cut him.  I can see Cutler jerking around Mac only to sign with the Rams.

In that case: Glennon please

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

First thing I noticed when I was downloading pics from TC.  My Hackenberg folder has almost 25,000 pictures.

It's okay Glenn - the Air Force is good with you swinging any way you want these days. Even got a new trans-gender policy if you want to get your junk cut off! The DoD - America's Grand Social Experiment!

Just now, FloridaJetsFan said:

It's okay Glenn - the Air Force is good with you swinging any way you want these days. Even got a new trans-gender policy if you want to get your junk cut off! The DoD - America's Great Social Experiment!

I saw a headline about that and almost read it.  Then I remembered I have 27 work days left on active duty so everything is pretty much "meh".

Maybe, just maybe, between Petty's 6 week injury sabbatical and Hack's 'issues' they're just trying to figure out who's most capable at this point to be backup this weekend. Maybe it's as simple as seeing how strong Petty's shoulder is vs the progress Hack may have made.

It isn't always an act of fate or a declaration of certainty.

Just saying.

3 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Is it weird the first thing I noticed about Hackenberg was how handsome he is? Look at that jaw line, I tend to notice the same thing about Odell beckham jr too. pretty strange

I thought wow if I have a daughter one day, I hope she has sex with a man like Hack, cot damn those cheekbones.

Thats weird isn't it...

Petty seems to me like he is not a good practice QB or good in the classroom booksmart but judging from preseason he seems to get better and better with each series a rhthym guy...so just give him the damn ball and stop over fcking thinking it

Hack on the other hand is just the opposite and more like fitz in that they can get into funks because they are not as natural so once they mess up on 1 ten yard pass they phyc themself out for huge gaps of time.

14 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Petty seems to me like he is not a good practice QB or good in the classroom booksmart but judging from preseason he seems to get better and better with each series a rhthym guy...so just give him the damn ball and stop over fcking thinking it

His Madden game is on point.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

First thing I noticed when I was downloading pics from TC.  My Hackenberg folder has almost 25,000 pictures.

And from what I understand, he was making out like a low rent Derek Jeter in the ladies department at Penn State.  Can't say I blame him....

you got the looks and the game, use it!

Hells no to the Cutler. He's horrible.

I have to admit i don't have ah FN idea what's going on.  LOL

If Petty is playing so badly that a player like Hack is beating him out.  Why is he on the roster?  Why do we carry 4 QB's?

If his shoulder bruise injury is actually something more severe.  Why wasn't he placed on IR?  It's almost 8 weeks since he was hurt.  He better not get off season that keeps him out of camp next year.

Like I said I have no idea of what's going on

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Hack has pretty eyes.  He's very handsome. 

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Nice smile too.  He's a good looking kid.  Looks get you places in this world.  For example, like a considered undraftable talent getting drafted in the 2nd round. 

5 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Is Petty bangable? Please discuss.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Drop of a dime.

He blows Petty out of the water in the looks dept.  Must be hard for Petty to have to compete with him on and off the field. 

What in the wide wide world of sports is a-goin' on here?! I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not discuss the QBs' looks like a bunch of Kansas City Royals!

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Hack needs an offseason to hone his throwing motion and accuracy.  If Petty is healthy he'll be the #2.

I am not saying I know for sure - but Hack's accuracy issues most likely was related to his footwork. It would make more sense that it was his footwork since footwork can fall off in a year and get sloppy - but throwing motion really can't. His Throwing motion is about as perfect as I have ever seen tbh.

Archived