Fitzmagic 2.0

jetsfan719

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Marshall's man crush on Fitz is really starting to bother me.  Hey, Brandon. How about putting more effort into not dropping a wheel barrow full of balls instead of into a guy who cost us the playoffs again?  Dick.

He has Drops but he also has PLAYS. This offense without him be nothing

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's the only team with a record left on our schedule?  I swear freaking NFL does this on purpose. 

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Could you imagine the board if the Jets went 10-6, and won 2 play off games.  The re-sign Fitz throw down would be on.  LOL

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The part I struggle with his he still never beat a winning team in 2015. So 2015 Fizzlemagic at full glory and nearly orgazmic climax still drops tragically limp against winning teams. So unless the Patriots have a losing record when we face them at home we under no delusion drop at least two. So unless Pfizer comes up with a prescription for Low-Fitz we sit alone and cry in a dark room after the regular season. Just like 2015. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

The part I struggle with his he still never beat a winning team in 2015. So 2015 Fizzlemagic at full glory and nearly orgazmic climax still drops tragically limp against winning teams. So unless the Patriots have a losing record when we face them at home we under no delusion drop at least two. So unless Pfizer comes up with a prescription for Low-Fitz we sit alone and cry in a dark room after the regular season. Just like 2015. 

They lost to NE on the road and beat NE at home.  They were a winning team.  I predict the same this season on the road to 10-6.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

They lost to NE on the road and beat NE at home.  They were a winning team.  I predict the same this season on the road to 10-6.

That's true.  Totally forgot about that. All we have to do is stop their passing attack and make Legarrette Blunt beat us.  Pretty much perfect match up for us. 10-6 it is. What would I ever do without you sweet one? 

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's true.  Totally forgot about that. All we have to do is stop their passing attack and make Legarrette Blunt beat us.  Pretty much perfect match up for us. 10-6 it is. What would I ever do without you sweet one? 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, peebag said:

and I'm trying to tell you, black tar heroin for breakfast does not make champions.

post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorm

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No thats a guy who stands behind the starting QB whoever it might be.

What a horrible thing, a WR who supports his QB no matter who he is.  Horrible.

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool to see after Fitz gets up on the podium and disrespects the entire organization from the owner on down. I guess its cool for Marshall since Fitz acknowledged that he still has "friends". 

You have an odd idea as to what disrespect means, or how a pro would take such comments.  You're far more butthurt than anyone IN the Jets Organization was.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The way Geno was using Twitter wasn't exactly setting a high benchmark for "respecting the organization". 

Yeah, a few one-sentence tweets about his desire to play compares to Fitzadonna hijacking the media and national tv for a rambling self-pity violin act that blamed the world and overlooked his nosediving the team to 1-5 throwing 9 INTs in two games and sucking in general like he's done for every team that demoted him which happens to be every team that signed him.  

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The way Geno was using Twitter wasn't exactly setting a high benchmark for "respecting the organization". 

Yes, saying, "My mom tells me to be patient" is a seriously offensive jab at the entire organization. 

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool to see after Fitz gets up on the podium and disrespects the entire organization from the owner on down. I guess its cool for Marshall since Fitz acknowledged that he still has "friends". 

Imagine if Geno dry-humped the media to sob about himself and throw team management under the bus for his own suckitude?

AJAXF would crop-dust JN with anti-Geno threads and this place would go full-crank Genogeddon.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

"The underlying message there really is I believe in myself. You don't make it as long as I have in the league — and playing on as many teams as I have been, having to pick myself up over and over again — without believing in yourself." 

Delusional, as usual. Just plain old back tracking and suck-up job. 

31 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Yeah, a few one-sentence tweets about his desire to play compares to Fitzadonna hijacking the media and national tv for a rambling self-pity violin act that blamed the world and overlooked his nosediving the team to 1-5 throwing 9 INTs in two games and sucking in general like he's done for every team that demoted him which happens to be every team that signed him.  

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes, saying, "My mom tells me to be patient" is a seriously offensive jab at the entire organization. 

So easy.

JIF, I expect better form you. Look at some of the posters who you've fallen in line with.

8 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Imagine if Geno dry-humped the media to sob about himself and throw team management under the bus for his own suckitude?

AJAXF would crop-dust JN with anti-Geno threads and this place would go full-crank Genogeddon.

Geno was crucified for keeping his mouth shut. I can't even imagine the outburst if he said something. And yeah, afjf would definitely spam the whole site. 

geno-smith-instagram.jpg

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

oh hey look - Ape is pretending he was trolling again.  So cute when you do this.  So cute 

When it comes to Geno/Fitz, I haven't made a serious post in months. Better to just say "doh!" and move along. This ain't saving you face. This is the lame sh*t Pac does.

And I implore you to look at the crackpots you are in lock-step with. Go on.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When it comes to Geno/Fitz, I haven't made a serious post in months. Better to just say "doh!" and move along. This ain't saving you face. This is the lame sh*t Pac does.

And I implore you to look at the crackpots you are in lock-step with. Go on.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

oh hey look - Ape is pretending he was trolling again.  So cute when you do this.  So cute 

He tends to do that when he gets owned. His next line would normally be "you walked right into that". That, in fact, is "so cute"...not. 

2 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

Gotta say I agree with munchmemory on this one. The flattery (borderline sycophancy) of this guy by Marshall, Mangold, and Decker is beyond me. I wouldn't mind if none of them were on a youth-oriented team next year.

What else do you expect? They play soggy-bread. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/time-running-short-jets-fitzpatrick-backlash-silly-article-1.2846384

The pitchforks were flying in the wake of Ryan Fitzpatrick’s candid postgame assessment last weekend. The clueless crowd condemning his words can’t be saved, so why entertain their cluelessness?

It should be white noise to Fitzpatrick, more nonsense from misguided folks who questioned his words. How dare he say that he felt team brass lost faith in him when they obviously did? How dare the team leader speak his mind? Blasphemy!

“I don’t care,” Fitzpatrick told the Daily News Wednesday after practice. “I don’t care what is being written about me. I don’t care what other people think about me. I really don’t. When I’m done with football, I go home to my family. We’re going to carve pumpkins tonight. I’m just going to be Dad. I’m going to be like a normal person.”

“Maybe seven years ago, I would care about what was said about me,” he continued. “I’ve accomplished more than anybody ever thought I was going to. But I’m not satisfied with the way the season has gone this year. I’m not satisfied with the way that I’ve played this year.”

Ryan Fitzpatrick comes off bench to help Jets beat Ravens, 24-16

The backlash was comical on unofficially a million levels.

“I’m expecting FitzMagic 2.0… ” Brandon Marshall said as he wore a t-shirt with that very phrase printed on it. “We need it right now.”

Fitzpatrick didn’t have a heart-to-heart Oprah moment with Woody Johnson and Mike Maccagnan, but he did chat with them on the sidelines at practice on Wednesday. It wasn’t a big deal.

“I want it to die,” Fitzpatrick said. “There’s no controversy inside this building about what was said…. All I was saying was that I believe in myself. I don’t think we need to hang on to that moment, (but) I know it will be hung on to forever. I just felt that it was something that I needed to say.”

Todd Bowles is OK with Ryan Fitzpatrick’s ire, on one condition

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he doesn't care what other people think about him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he doesn't care what other people think about him.

(SETH WENIG/AP)

It was the right thing to say at that moment no matter how many sanctimonious people think otherwise. The Jets foolishly ditched Fitzpatrick for an inferior option. Plan B was doomed to fail. And it did.

The notion of criticizing Fitzpatrick, coming off a franchise-record setting season, for his honesty after the Jets victory over the Ravens was ludicrous.

“There’s a lot of people along the way… that have not believed in me or given up on me,” Fitzpatrick said. “I’ve been through it. I always come back to self-belief. I believe I can do it. I believe in myself…. That is what that whole interview was.”

He doesn’t regret his words, because he shouldn’t regret his words. 

Going to Geno Smith is a panic move that's destined for failure

He wasn't being selfish or mean-spirited. If you believe that this guy is only in it for himself, you don't have a clue what he's all about. The benching after the Monday night loss to the Cardinals was hard to digest.

“That’s difficult even for a guy that has been on six different teams and done it in every which way,” Fitzpatrick said. “I’m human. I have emotion. Even though my wife might not think so sometimes. Or even though I don’t show it a lot of the time. That was a very difficult situation for me, because I’m a human being. That was a lot of what I was trying to express in that postgame interview too. I’m not a robot even though a lot of times (it) seems like things don’t affect me. There is a human element to it.”

Fitzpatrick never asked for sympathy… or made excuses about anything from the moment he arrived last year. His play hasn’t been good enough so far this season. He’s far from the only culprit for a 2-5 team that faces the winless Browns on Sunday.

Bryce Petty (r.) will likely back up Fitzpatrick on Sunday against the Browns.

Bryce Petty (r.) will likely back up Fitzpatrick on Sunday against the Browns.

(SETH WENIG/AP)

“When we lose, my shoulders are big enough,” Fitzpatrick said. “Blame me for everything. That’s fine. I’ll take that. You don’t need to blame a young rookie receiver that can’t handle it…. I am accountable for all my actions, good or bad.”

Todd Bowles gets candid as he explains to News why Jets are 1-3

You don’t need to be a pissed-off Ivy Leaguer to know that time is running short for Fitzpatrick.

Todd Bowles hasn’t declared whether Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg will be the No. 2 quarterback on Sunday (Spoiler: It’ll be Petty), but Fitzpatrick is fully aware that this second chance might be his last best chance.

“There’s no telling,” Fitzpatrick said. “That’s how I approach it though.”

The Jets have a three-game stretch against teams with losing records, which guarantees nothing.

Follow the Daily News Sports on Facebook. "Like" us here.

“If I’m in there and I’m not getting results, then it doesn’t matter how nice of a guy I am and it doesn’t matter how respected I am,” said Fitzpatrick, who has committed only one turnover in the last three games. “I’ll be the first one to say that I haven’t been lighting the world on fire. I’m the quarterback. The blame comes at me and it stops with me. It doesn’t need to go anywhere else.”

Fitzpatrick responded from a benching with the Texans two years ago with a 358-yard, six-touchdown masterpiece when he was re-inserted as the starter.

We’ll find out soon enough if he can rekindle the magic.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You have an odd idea as to what disrespect means, or how a pro would take such comments.  You're far more butthurt than anyone IN the Jets Organization was.

Despite Smith now gone for all intents and purposes, the Fitz Hate still is strong with the Geno Fanboys.

54 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

Gotta say I agree with munchmemory on this one. The flattery (borderline sycophancy) of this guy by Marshall, Mangold, and Decker is beyond me. I wouldn't mind if none of them were on a youth-oriented team next year.

I too want to cut most of the talent we have on Offense for being supportive of their QB.

We're definitely better off with a cadre of young undrafted free agent WR's and just some guy at Center.

Because :Fitz:

And please, spare em the "it can't get worse" predictable reply.  It can, and it would.  Our "young" WR"s outside of Enunwa have been generally pretty weak in 2016 to-date, and Marshall-the-Younger's fumbleits cost us at least one win.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I too want to cut most of the talent we have on Offense for being supportive of their QB.

We're definitely better off with a cadre of young undrafted free agent WR's and just some guy at Center.

Because :Fitz:

And please, spare em the "it can't get worse" predictable reply.  It can, and it would.  Our "young" WR"s outside of Enunwa have been generally pretty weak in 2016 to-date, and Marshall-the-Younger's fumbleits cost us at least one win.

You're good at sarcasm. Congrats.

Archived