Breer pitches B. Marsh to Eagles

AFJF

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Two years for BM beyond this one.  

The plain truth is the Jets talent has been awful for over a decade. The idea that you just give up talented players who also don't crumble playing in this market is also very important.  

BM likes playing here and can take the pressure of NY. He has been a beast since he has been here.  He gave the offense a real identity and he backs down from no one.  You dont give that up for a maybe unless you get a second.  

Next year depending on circumstances a third.  And the year after that whatever you can. 

So maybe next year I would do if the team were still in the same situation as now. But if it is we are looking for then just trading BM but perhaps a new HC as well. 

Well, you have to franchise him to get another year past next, or give him a big new contract.

And, what is going to change our QB situation for the better next year?

Unfortunately, there's really no scenario in which the Jets are contenders and Brandon Marshall is still on the team/in the league.

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'd be pissed if the Jets got offered a 2nd for B. Marsh & didn't take that deal. He's going into his 12 year, has a lot of mileage, loses his concentration a lot now & he's another guy that won't be here for our transformation.

If they could trade Sheldon for a 2nd they should do that too. You go into a draft with 3 second round picks you could be in position to trade back for additional future picks. We ain't paying Mo, Sheldon & Leo who's better than Mo & Sheldon.

Macc needs to be a bold mofo building the NY Jets to kick 40 year old Tom Brady to the curb in 2018. He'd have a chance to build this team right. Sign Glennon and keep on keeping on. 

Guy is a good receiver. No question.  I would say great if he did not drop so many. He is great no more.  But I cannot help but wonder how a guy moves around the league for 12 years and never once sniffs the playoffs?  Fitz is self explanatory:  bad QBing will always leep you out.  It is hard to ever blame a receiver for not making it. I just assume that he did his small part.

9 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Guy is a good receiver. No question.  I would say great if he did not drop so many. He is great no more.  But I cannot help but wonder how a guy moves around the league for 12 years and never once sniffs the playoffs?  Fitz is self explanatory:  bad QBing will always leep you out.  It is hard to ever blame a receiver for not making it. I just assume that he did his small part.

Have to remember that before he came to the Jets he was considered a "locker room cancer".  Always having some kind of drama.

He has also had like 12 police contacts over domestic abuse

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Have to remember that before Fitz came to the Jets he was considered a "locker room cancer".  Always having some kind of drama.

He has also had like 12 police contacts with the police over domestic abuse

Right.  And even having said what I said, I think it would be nuts to trade him.  We could not even finish a bad season with what is left.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everybody has a price.  We got him for a 5th rounder, he's well on the wrong side of 30, and we're not contending this year.  Anyone here really going to say that if Philly came along and offered a 1st rounder for him.....you'd turn it down?

Why stop at a 1st rounder, maybe they'll give us 10 first rounders!:rolleyes:

Can we please try and be realistic for a change?

Marshall would net us a 5th, same as what we paid, or lower.  Talk of 1st's and 2nd's for him is pure fan-service fantasy.

He's the best WR (drops aside) on our roster by a wide margin (especially now with Decker on IR), and an invaluable weapon for our young QB's when they get their test-drive later this season.

The gain does not eclipse the loss, so no, I don't trade Marshall to the Eagles.  Contention or not, drops or not, we need him.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why stop at a 1st rounder, maybe they'll give us 10 first rounders!:rolleyes:

It's not that unrealistic.  The Eagles got a 1st rounder out of Bradford, and now they need to surround Wentz with weapons.  Marshall fits the bill there. 

My point was not that the Eagles would give us a 1st rounder.  My point was that people who are saying "NEVER TRADE MARSHALL EVER" would also happily take a 1st rounder for him.

It reminds me of this old tale, or whatever you want to call it:

A man asks another man if he would lick his shoe for a dollar.  The man says "No, that's disgusting!"

He then asks if the man would do it for a million dollars.  "Well, ok, sure, for a million I'd do it", he says.

"Well how about $2?"

"No, I told you, that's disgusting.  I won't do it."

"Well, it seems we've established you would do it.  Now we're just negotiating on price."

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not that unrealistic.

It's not just unrealistic, it's laughably unrealistic.

Ffs the level of myopic homerism required to think B.Marsh is worth a 1st round pick.....it's simply unworthy of serious consideration.

It's literally the "I'll trade you my 1982 Hyundai for your 2016 Ferrari.  I'll never understand why fans buy into these things.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point was not that the Eagles would give us a 1st rounder.  My point was that people who are saying "NEVER TRADE MARSHALL EVER" would also happily take a 1st rounder for him.

I'd happily take a 1st rounder for Fitz too, doesn't mean it's worthy of discussion does it?  

B.Marsh might net us a 5th.  Maybe.  This isn't a negotiation, it's market value for a player of Marshall's age, skill, drops and baggage.

Marshall does more for us (in giving our young QB's a semi-reliable talent to throw to) than he does for the Eagles.

Why on gods green earth would we, after complaining for years about "Young Geno no weapons!!!!", would we roll out Petty or Hack with a WR group of nobodies and undrafted free agents?

/facepalm

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

If the Jets beat the Browns, they would be nuts to trade him.  If the Jets lose to the Browns, it may be a consideration but I would want heavy compensation probably too much for a deal to be consummated.

If we go 2-14 it would still be nuts to trade him.  0.0% shot at us getting remotely fair compensation

This roster has 1 more year left in its window before it needs to be blown up

Brandon is the best receiver we have. To ship him off would be a bad sign of us not being too confident in our near future. He comes relatively cheap, and has been a good team player. Although I feel like he often stone hands passes, he is still not worth shipping off.

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we really want a 2nd round pick for Marshall?

Hackenburg

Devin Smith

Amaro

Geno Smith

Stephen Hill

Ducasse

David Harris  <-----------Outlier

Clemens

Nugent

Justin Miller

Hobson

Jon McGraw

Lamont Jordan

Well we don't have to take a player in round 2. We could use it to trade up in round 1, or trade it for a #1 pick the following year.

Other than that, I've got nothing lol.

Best chance of a Jets trade that (a) nets us reasonable value and (b) doesn't leave us with a hole to fill, is Sheldon.

Trading Marshall, having just lost Decker for this year (and, possibly, part of next year) would drop our WR talent no end.

Then our new starting QB next year would have NO WEAPNZ!!! And so it continues ...

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Eagles need a RT to replace Lane Johnson more than they need a WR.  after this week they are probably going to stop pretending Wentz is going to the playoffs his rookie season. 

What are you saying, that you think we could get something for Breno? What do you think we have to give up to get them to eat the rest of this year's game checks?

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What are you saying, that you think we could get something for Breno? What do you think we have to give up to get them to eat the rest of this year's game checks?

if Breno was playing and healthy, maybe. What I'm really saying is the Eagles aren't buyers, or really contenders. 

Their team has gone to sh*t without Lane Johnson. They are keeping in TE and RB to help this rookie Vaitai. He's a disaster

If you ever think Breno is bad, check out these "belly flop" cut blocks from the Eagles' current RT. #72)

Big-V-cut-block-3.gif

Big-V-cut-block-2.gif

Big-V-cut-block-1.gif

http://www.phillyvoice.com/halapoulivaati-vaitai-game-review-gifs-and-stuff/

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Eagles need a RT to replace Lane Johnson more than they need a WR.  after this week they are probably going to stop pretending Wentz is going to the playoffs his rookie season. 

The Eagles with their fast start are exceeding most pre-season expectations.  Does that mean they are going to make the playoffs?

Probably not.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

The Eagles with their fast start are exceeding most pre-season expectations.  Does that mean they are going to make the playoffs?

Probably not.

this week will tell the tale. Big game vs Cowboys. I tend to agree by the way

Archived