Jets might lose on Sunday

Jetster

Have you taken a look at the Jets injury report? Josh McCown is QBing so we don't get to face a rookie. You want to talk about another horrible embarrassing moment in NY Jets history it could come this Sunday.

Its actually pretty funny (and sad) that I have zero confidence in this team that deep down I know that the completely decimated Cleveland Browns could pretty much bury the Jets this Sunday & have us sitting at #32. 

And we have fans who wouldn't trade Brandon Marshall for a 2nd round pick. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try not to be doom and gloom Jets fan, but I can totally see a loss Sunday. Cleveland will eventually get the zero off their scoreboard. Jets are a 2-5 team. It is at Cleveland. We have a lot of injuries.  I think vegas is telling us it will be close.

Not a slam dunk. Really none of these games are.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Have you taken a look at the Jets injury report? Josh McCown is QBing so we don't get to face a rookie. You want to talk about another horrible embarrassing moment in NY Jets history it could come this Sunday.

Its actually pretty funny (and sad) that I have zero confidence in this team that deep down I know that the completely decimated Cleveland Browns could pretty much bury the Jets this Sunday & have us sitting at #32. 

I don't think we would refuse a 2nd, but who would be willing to give that up.

Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, and I too could see it happening.  The Browns are a "young and hungry" type team, mostly devoid of experienced talent but not of heart.  We're one of the more gutless and unlikable teams in the league, so it would make perfect sense for Cleveland to get a win the same week the Cavs got their rings and the Indians won a World Series game at home. 

Let's start gaining some ground on a top pick. 

During a season like, starting a QB I didn't want re-signed and seeing I was right, all I want from this team is to play good competitive football.  That is going to be more on coaching and scheming around the QB position.  I want to see good solid defense and smart offense.  If those equal wins, fine.  

I have so little faith in Sixpatrick that I know we'll be seeing Brice under center soon and when that happens I hope coaching and scheming are not a total embarrassment.    

Watching Tennessee last night was f*cking depressing! Without a couple of useless wins the Jets would have been in line to maybe draft Marriotta or move up to get him. He looks better everytime I see him which isn't often.

At least the Titans have a plan! Building the Oline 2 big strong backs. That's a team on the rise. I have no f*cking idea what the Jets are or even what we're trying to be?

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Watching Tennessee last night was f*cking depressing! Without a couple of useless wins the Jets would have been in line to maybe draft Marriotta or move up to get him. He looks better everytime I see him which isn't often.

At least the Titans have a plan! Building the defense, 2 big strong backs. That's a team on the rise. I have no f*cking idea what the Jets are or even what we're trying to be?

Remember when people said that Mariota and Winston weren't worth tanking for, and that it was actually good that Rex won us a couple meaningless games late in the season before getting fired?

Fun times. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when people said that Mariota and Winston weren't worth tanking for, and that it was actually good that Rex won us a couple meaningless games late in the season before getting fired?

Fun times. 

I so wanted Mariota! Strong enough arm, smart, fast, can throw on the run. Don't sleep on the Titans if they squeak into the playoffs somehow. Big nasty mean Oline, 2 bruising backs, one of the under appreciated TE studs in the league ( Block & Catch) in Delaney Walker. Defense needs help but this is a team that can take the air out of the ball & shorten a game on you real quick. That's how you beat a better team. That's how the Jets beat the Pats in 2010 playoffs, and Mariota is LIGHT YEARS better than Sanchez right now.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The Jets might lose on any Sunday. Even the Patriots can lose on any Sunday.

And honestly, is this Jets good enough for this to be embarrassing? We're 2-5.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fun times. 

The fallacy of that is the GM might not have taken a QB.

Really a 2-5 team losing to a Browns team that has been competetive in most of their game ,is that outlandish. Any team in the NFL can beat another on any given Sunday. This isn't Alabama going up against Alcorn St or any other second tier college program that has no chance against the powerhouses.

The 2-5 Jets losing to the 0-7 Browns only qualifies as a "horrible embarrassing moment in NY Jets history" if you started watching this year.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fun times. 

I mean, nearly half of this board is functionally brain dead, so...

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The fallacy of that is the GM might not have taken a QB.

Bingo.  The Jets didn't need to tank since they could have picked Carr anyway, and our genius GM didn't.  Yeah I suppose Mariota will likely end up somewhat better than Carr.  Maybe.  But the Jets right now would be in MUCH better shape with Carr.  They didn't need to tank.

As for Cleveland, the Jets should win even if Mangold can't play, but him being out would be a big loss.  You can't overstate his importance to this team, especially right now, meaning until we see the D playing well consistently.

How does it make sense to trade Brandon Marshall? It's a passing league. You have to be able to throw the ball to be successful. We finally have legit receivers in Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa and you want to break that up? We're going to eventually have a young QB playing for us. Why deplete him of weapons and put him in a situation to fail?

You really want to judge Bryce Petty when his starting receivers are Enunwa and Robbie Anderson? Both are nice players but neither is built for the role they would be asked to play.

Either way, Jets shouldn't have much of a problem beating Cleveland this week. Of course they could lose. But don't overrate McCown. He's not a QB we should be afraid of.

27 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Really a 2-5 team losing to a Browns team that has been competetive in most of their game ,is that outlandish. Any team in the NFL can beat another on any given Sunday. This isn't Alabama going up against Alcorn St or any other second tier college program that has no chance against the powerhouses.

Are you f*cking kidding me? The Jets have paid out contracts as a WIN NOW team! We gave Fitz 12 million dollars, Mo an 85 million dollar contract. The Browns put out an announcement that ANY PLAYER on their team is available for a trade but Joe Thomas, lol. You might not think it's embarrassing to lose to the Browns but I sure as hell do & im positive that Woody, Macc & Bowles would agree with me based on what they expected of this team in 2016.

When you trade for Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, sign Matt Forte, sign a TE that just got out of the drunk tank, that doesn't scream rebuilding team to me, lol. Losing to the winless Browns team on Sunday would be another notch in the belt of bad moments in history of this hopeless organization & their fans, believe me! 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Losing to the winless Browns team on Sunday would be another notch in the belt of bad moments in history of this hopeless organization & their fans, believe me! 

Well not quite that bad.  After all Sixpatrick is a classic misstep.  And the upside is that is we lose we'll have Brice under center all that much sooner so there is some good that can come out of it.  Truly bad moments are no win situations and here at least there is a silver lining.    

I so wanted Mariota! Strong enough arm, smart, fast, can throw on the run. Don't sleep on the Titans if they squeak into the playoffs somehow. Big nasty mean Oline, 2 bruising backs, one of the under appreciated TE studs in the league ( Block & Catch) in Delaney Walker. Defense needs help but this is a team that can take the air out of the ball & shorten a game on you real quick. That's how you beat a better team. That's how the Jets beat the Pats in 2010 playoffs, and Mariota is LIGHT YEARS better than Sanchez right now.

And now they have tons of draft picks over the next several seasons thanks to the stupid Rams.  The Rams will probably net them a top 10 pick next year. 

Titans are most definitely on the rise.  Amazing what having a QB can do for you. 

1 hour ago, faba said:

I would like to see Petty play in live action =that is what I am hoping for

only reason I watched the game last week was Geno starting - now the only reason to watch Jets football is to see the other qbs possibly playing.

At least the Titans have a plan! Building the Oline 2 big strong backs. That's a team on the rise. I have no f*cking idea what the Jets are or even what we're trying to be?

They are trying to do the same thing.  They are in year two of about a 3-4 year rebuild.  They got their QB right off the bat.  This team has more holes to fill then they do.  We are year two in about a 3-4 year rebuild to make the playoffs.  Last year was pure LUCK.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

The 2-5 Jets losing to the 0-7 Browns only qualifies as a "horrible embarrassing moment in NY Jets history" if you started watching this year.

+1 great point. You know how every season teams look on their schedules for the most winnable games? Well, guess what the most winnable game for the Browns is? I see this as a no brainer that we go in there and lose. May be a close game, may not be, but I feel this is one of the only games the Browns can actually win this season.

Archived