Jets might lose on Sunday

Jetster

Well, of course the Jets COULD lose. But let's take a closer look at the injury list.

Allen, Antonio S Achilles LP DNP - -
Carter, Bruce LB Quadriceps DNP DNP - -
Clady, Ryan T Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Davis, Kellen TE Hip DNP LP - -
Forté, Matt RB Knee LP DNP - -
Lee, Darron LB Ankle DNP DNP - -
Mangold, Nick C Ankle DNP DNP - -
Marshall, Brandon WR Foot DNP LP - -
Powell, Bilal RB Toe DNP LP - -
Qvale, Brent OL Neck DNP DNP - -
Revis, Darrelle CB Ankle LP FP - -
Richardson, Sheldon DE Non-Injury DNP DNP - -
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TE Ankle DNP DNP - -
Skrine, Buster CB Knee DNP DNP - -
Wilkerson, Muhammad DE Ankle DNP LP - -
Winters, Brian G Knee FP FP

LB's: Carter and Lee. Both guys missed the Ravens game and it with the current Jets depth at LB and Harris back in action it did not look like it really hurt the Jets.

DE: Richardson should play, it was an excused absence, not an injury. Looks like Wilk might play as well. The line will be stout vs. the Browns run game, which is huge, forcing McCown to beat us.  

O-line: Clady, Mangold, Qvale. It really hurts to lose Clady. It's not much of a relief, but at least we get Breno back, who Bowles said may start on Sunday. W.Johnson did an admirable job backing up Mangold, so I am not as worried about losing him for this game. Ijalana has been starting over Qvale and doing fine. So losing Clady may really hurt, but we will see how Ijalana and Breno do. It may not be so bad.

TE: Well, S-Jenkins and Kellen Davis may not play. Does it even matter?

WR: Looks like Marshall has been upgraded and got some practice time. I think he plays, even if mainly as a decoy to pre-occupy J.Haden. Although if B-Marsh is on the field, you know Fitz will look for him regardless. 

RB: Not sure what happened to Forte. Looks like he was downgraded. But Powell has been upgraded and had some practice time. I have a feeling both will play come sunday, and Powell will get more carries than usual, which is not nec. a bad thing. 

CB: I know he had an INT in the last game, but Skrine has been really struggling on the outside. Him being pushed pout of the lineup due to injury may actually be a blessing in disguise, forcing Bowles to play Williams or dare I say Burris on the outside. Both of whom have fared better than Skrine.  

So the injuries are not all that bad. The Jets are banged up but the core players will most likely play and the Jets shoudl have enough depth to handle the equally banged up browns. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How does it make sense to trade Brandon Marshall? It's a passing league. You have to be able to throw the ball to be successful. We finally have legit receivers in Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa and you want to break that up? We're going to eventually have a young QB playing for us. Why deplete him of weapons and put him in a situation to fail?

You really want to judge Bryce Petty when his starting receivers are Enunwa and Robbie Anderson? Both are nice players but neither is built for the role they would be asked to play.

Either way, Jets shouldn't have much of a problem beating Cleveland this week. Of course they could lose. But don't overrate McCown. He's not a QB we should be afraid of.

If memory serves, McCown drove the Browns up and down the field opening day against our crappy defense last year until he got hurt. Get ready for Josh McMontana-Marino Sunday

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Are you f*cking kidding me? The Jets have paid out contracts as a WIN NOW team! We gave Fitz 12 million dollars, Mo an 85 million dollar contract. The Browns put out an announcement that ANY PLAYER on their team is available for a trade but Joe Thomas, lol. You might not think it's embarrassing to lose to the Browns but I sure as hell do & im positive that Woody, Macc & Bowles would agree with me based on what they expected of this team in 2016.

When you trade for Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, sign Matt Forte, sign a TE that just got out of the drunk tank, that doesn't scream rebuilding team to me, lol. Losing to the winless Browns team on Sunday would be another notch in the belt of bad moments in history of this hopeless organization & their fans, believe me! 

All true...but with that said...Would you honestly be surprised if they lose?

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Are you f*cking kidding me? The Jets have paid out contracts as a WIN NOW team! We gave Fitz 12 million dollars, Mo an 85 million dollar contract. The Browns put out an announcement that ANY PLAYER on their team is available for a trade but Joe Thomas, lol. You might not think it's embarrassing to lose to the Browns but I sure as hell do & im positive that Woody, Macc & Bowles would agree with me based on what they expected of this team in 2016.

When you trade for Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, sign Matt Forte, sign a TE that just got out of the drunk tank, that doesn't scream rebuilding team to me, lol. Losing to the winless Browns team on Sunday would be another notch in the belt of bad moments in history of this hopeless organization & their fans, believe me! 

The thing about football is your typically only as good as your weakest component.  I view this as a Fitz vs McCown showdown. In last years game McCown had the Browns moving well until he got knocked out of the game on the goal line hit.  I think this game comes down to which QB makes the fewer mistakes.

39 minutes ago, section314 said:

Any time Fitz is under center, there is a very strong possibility of losing.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Browns-killer.  He's won his last 4 games against them with a 61% completion percentage and 8 touchdowns.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The thing about football is your typically only as good as your weakest component.  I view this as a Fitz vs McCown showdown. In last years game McCown had the Browns moving well until he got knocked out of the game on the goal line hit.  I think this game comes down to which QB makes the fewer mistakes.

Do you know what scares me? Not having any semblance of a power rushing game. If our defense can't turn the Browns over and Fitz has to throw too much anything can happen. Right now I have no idea what our offensive scheme is?

Gailey runs Forte up the gut on 1st & 2nd down & then we're throwing deep 50/50 balls. It's just strange. I'd like to see some misdirection on Sunday & some creativity. I do have a strange feeling that Powell will have a huge game out of the backfield because the Browns pass rush stinks & Fitz should have time to check down. Without a pass rush we now have the speed at WR to open up the middle of the field. That will also open Fitz for some easy runs for 1st downs as long as he slides.

This is not as lop-sided a matchup as a lot of the media and fan base seems to think. FO's stats have us pretty even with the Browns.

Fact is right now the Jets are a bad football team. There is no easy part of the schedule for us because we are the easy part of schedules for other teams. Even the Browns. They look at the Jets as a team that they can finally put up a W against and they are right. The Jets lack a quarterback, talent, and coaching. And that's the trinity right there. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is not as lop-sided a matchup as a lot of the media and fan base seems to think. FO's stats have us pretty even with the Browns.

Fact is right now the Jets are a bad football team. There is no easy part of the schedule for us because we are the easy part of schedules for other teams. Even the Browns. They look at the Jets as a team that they can finally put up a W against and they are right. The Jets lack a quarterback, talent, and coaching. And that's the trinity right there. 

Wait so in another thread you say I have an infatuating obsession with Ryan Fitzpatrick and then you yourself say the Jets lack a quaterback,talent and coaching. 

Fun fact:  A year ago this very day, the Jets were on a miserable 1-4 stretch and had just gotten pummeled by the Texans and humiliated by the Bills.  And if you would have told me we would have gone 5-1 from there with a Patriots spanking in the middle, I never would have believed you. 

This year is setting up the same way except we have an easier schedule, 5 of our last 7 at home, a defense that [on paper] is better and a running back who [on paper] is better and a quarterback with something to prove just like last year. 

Have a little faith.  This team and this schedule may still surprise you.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Have you taken a look at the Jets injury report? Josh McCown is QBing so we don't get to face a rookie. You want to talk about another horrible embarrassing moment in NY Jets history it could come this Sunday.

Its actually pretty funny (and sad) that I have zero confidence in this team that deep down I know that the completely decimated Cleveland Browns could pretty much bury the Jets this Sunday & have us sitting at #32. 

And we have fans who wouldn't trade Brandon Marshall for a 2nd round pick. 

#1 Josh McCown is trash and I'd be more concerned about the rookie.

#2 Who's giving up a 2nd rounder for Marshall?

#3 Fitz is starting so you do have a point :D

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Fun fact:  A year ago this very day, the Jets were on a miserable 1-4 stretch and had just gotten pummeled by the Texans and humiliated by the Bills.  And if you would have told me we would have gone 5-1 from there with a Patriots spanking in the middle, I never would have believed you. 

This year is setting up the same way except we have an easier schedule, 5 of our last 7 at home, a defense that [on paper] is better and a running back who [on paper] is better and a quarterback with something to prove just like last year. 

Have a little faith.  This team and this schedule may still surprise you.

SAR I

But we were finished when we didn't go 2-0.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

If memory serves, McCown drove the Browns up and down the field opening day against our crappy defense last year until he got hurt. Get ready for Josh McMontana-Marino Sunday

Memory isn't serving too well ... he got hurt at the end of their first drive (not sure if that was "up" or "down" the field).

5/8, 49 yards, 3 rushes for 23 (13 of those on the play he fumbled and got injured). Not too shabby, but it WAS the first defensive series of the season.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Well our crappy defense knocked him out so they can't be that crappy. Pryor knocked him out of the game.

And of course, this is a different Jets and Browns team

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

And we have fans who wouldn't trade Brandon Marshall for a 2nd round pick. 

No one is going to offer a second round pick for Marshall. So the whole argument is ridiculous.

Marshall has said several times the Jets are his last team.

Without Marshall our WR depth becomes : Enunwa, Smith, Anderson, J Marshall, Peake. Everyone wants us to move to a new QB, but at the same time we should strip that QB of his surrounding talent? That's exactly what fans criticised the two previous for doing with both Sanchez and Geno.

Guys,

Lets keep in mind we are 2-5 with 5 losses to 2015 playoff teams Cincy, Pit, KC, Ariz, and Seahawks everyone of which won at least 1 playoff game last year and Cincy should have. One poster said Jets are gutless, which I disagree with. If they were we would have lost last week to Raven a team we see to never beat (last 8 times before this one were losses). Heck, without mistakes by Folk and Fitz we would have won the Cincy game and maybe even the Hawks game, which Fitz's INTs were killers in those games. At this stage it is more important to play well and win to keep our structure in place mainly Bowles. We see he will replace coaches who don't perform like last years ST coach. If nothing else comes from the recent past and near future is it is more important having a good HC that learns and then we can maintain for the future. The players will come to some level in the near future and we should go back to our root of running and D with QBs that somewhat manage the game. Only a handful of QBs in this league can carry their teams. Lets not go crazy over Tenn. beating the Jags since the Jags are just not good enough to compete these days. Will we beat the Browns Sunday, who knows. We'll see. But, I for one will not root for them to lose this or any game. We also need to let our GM keep doing his best to draft good to great players in any round or position of that round regardless of where we end up.  This wishing to tank is just not a good attitude that ever builds a winning program. How'd "Suck for Luck" turn out?. That team has been bad for years now. Luck always gets a pass for that teams lack of talent, but he looks pretty darn overrated to me. Geno should be critized for not getting rid of the ball when he should and he gets badly hurt and Luck has done much of the same for a lot of his play getting hurt doing it as well or just playing bad overall.  

9 minutes ago, jamesr said:

No one is going to offer a second round pick for Marshall. So the whole argument is ridiculous.

Marshall has said several times the Jets are his last team.

Without Marshall our WR depth becomes : Enunwa, Smith, Anderson, J Marshall, Peake. Everyone wants us to move to a new QB, but at the same time we should strip that QB of his surrounding talent? That's exactly what fans criticised the two previous for doing with both Sanchez and Geno.

2nd for Marshall ? Lol.. 4th tops and that is a stretch.. The way this franchise throws away picks we should definitely keep Marshall. Not like we have tremendous depth at WR. 

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But we were finished when we didn't go 2-0.

Nothing has changed.  SAR I was right when he said that, the Jets are still "finished."

They are still a poorly coached, lousy football team that;

1) Shoots themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

2) Is led by a weak-armed, turnover prone QB.

3) Has an overrated D-line with a porous secondary.

4) Can't make halftime adjustments.

5) and they're clearly another edition of the SOJ.

Amazing how one win against a banged up mediocre team changes perception.

THE JETS STILL SUCK.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when people said that Mariota and Winston weren't worth tanking for, and that it was actually good that Rex won us a couple meaningless games late in the season before getting fired?

Fun times. 

Oooooooooooooo, I 'member!

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, and I too could see it happening.  The Browns are a "young and hungry" type team, mostly devoid of experienced talent but not of heart.  We're one of the more gutless and unlikable teams in the league, so it would make perfect sense for Cleveland to get a win the same week the Cavs got their rings and the Indians won a World Series game at home. 

Let's start gaining some ground on a top pick. 

Go away, you aren't a fan and don't deserve to call yourself one

7 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

With Mangold out, our run game could easily be non-existent. You can imagine the Browns doing what every other team has done against Fitz: stack the box. Forcing Fitz to throw could also easily lead to a loss. Very conceivable.

Then it would be Petty time.

Mangold's replacement is pretty good. Wesley Johnson I believe is his name. Run game will ok if Gailey actually USES it.

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Well, of course the Jets COULD lose. But let's take a closer look at the injury list.

Allen, Antonio S Achilles LP DNP - -
Carter, Bruce LB Quadriceps DNP DNP - -
Clady, Ryan T Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Davis, Kellen TE Hip DNP LP - -
Forté, Matt RB Knee LP DNP - -
Lee, Darron LB Ankle DNP DNP - -
Mangold, Nick C Ankle DNP DNP - -
Marshall, Brandon WR Foot DNP LP - -
Powell, Bilal RB Toe DNP LP - -
Qvale, Brent OL Neck DNP DNP - -
Revis, Darrelle CB Ankle LP FP - -
Richardson, Sheldon DE Non-Injury DNP DNP - -
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TE Ankle DNP DNP - -
Skrine, Buster CB Knee DNP DNP - -
Wilkerson, Muhammad DE Ankle DNP LP - -
Winters, Brian G Knee FP FP

LB's: Carter and Lee. Both guys missed the Ravens game and it with the current Jets depth at LB and Harris back in action it did not look like it really hurt the Jets.

DE: Richardson should play, it was an excused absence, not an injury. Looks like Wilk might play as well. The line will be stout vs. the Browns run game, which is huge, forcing McCown to beat us.  

O-line: Clady, Mangold, Qvale. It really hurts to lose Clady. It's not much of a relief, but at least we get Breno back, who Bowles said may start on Sunday. W.Johnson did an admirable job backing up Mangold, so I am not as worried about losing him for this game. Ijalana has been starting over Qvale and doing fine. So losing Clady may really hurt, but we will see how Ijalana and Breno do. It may not be so bad.

TE: Well, S-Jenkins and Kellen Davis may not play. Does it even matter?

WR: Looks like Marshall has been upgraded and got some practice time. I think he plays, even if mainly as a decoy to pre-occupy J.Haden. Although if B-Marsh is on the field, you know Fitz will look for him regardless. 

RB: Not sure what happened to Forte. Looks like he was downgraded. But Powell has been upgraded and had some practice time. I have a feeling both will play come sunday, and Powell will get more carries than usual, which is not nec. a bad thing. 

CB: I know he had an INT in the last game, but Skrine has been really struggling on the outside. Him being pushed pout of the lineup due to injury may actually be a blessing in disguise, forcing Bowles to play Williams or dare I say Burris on the outside. Both of whom have fared better than Skrine.  

So the injuries are not all that bad. The Jets are banged up but the core players will most likely play and the Jets shoudl have enough depth to handle the equally banged up browns. 

it is all about the turnovers

Archived