Should Pat Tillman be in the NFL Hall of Fame?

drdetroit

31 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

He should have his own wing in the hall of fame .

^this

Anyone watch his "A Football Life" last night? Gave me chills. I feel he should be in the HOF, but there MUST be other ex-NFL players that also made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, no? If yes, they should be honored, too.

Maybe the NFL should charge the taxpayers to build a "veteran wing"? 

But, still, I'll never set foot in that place until Joe Klecko is enshrined. 

Not even close. Honor him in other ways. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be for the most distinguished contributors to football. He had a handful of good, not great, seasons.

Completely overrated because of how he died. It's not disrespectful, it's simply the truth.

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would say no, lets not disgrace him with being associated with anything that would take belicheat and shady brady

Wow. Pat Tillman was a brave man. Should always be remembered as a hero.

Personally don't think NFL is good enough for him. It's kinda sketchy. Cheating, murder, battery of woman. The CEO or commissioner seems to be thrilled with this direction and isn't done yet. NFL is basically Evil Corp from Mr Robot. 

Yes. They should add another category to the Modern-Era, Senior, and Contributor nominations for civics. Tillman should be its first inductee. What if a player wins multiple Walter Payton Awards? Shouldn't this type of legacy be recognized in the league's history?

2 hours ago, Jets_Win said:

Yes. They should add another category to the Modern-Era, Senior, and Contributor nominations for civics. Tillman should be its first inductee. What if a player wins multiple Walter Payton Awards? Shouldn't this type of legacy be recognized in the league's history?

It would be recognized by multiple Walter Payton Awards.

26 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just don't let it be up to Colin kaperdick

I understand why people are upset with what Kaepernick has started.  But if you happen to be a white Christian, you don't get to judge his actions as far as I am concerned.  In my opinion, a person must be a minority, and have experienced the ugliness of prejudices, in order to have a valid opinion on the subject.  The kneeling is not to dishonor servicemen that have died for their country.  But rather to be a peaceful statement that racism, which is far more disgraceful than kneeling during the National Anthem, is still alive and well in the United States.

Should Pat Tillman be in the NFL Hall of Fame?

As a player?  No, of course not.

If the Hall wants to have something to honor men who played in the league who also served, that's fine, but it most certainly wouldn't be limited (or lead) by Tillman.

16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

But if you happen to be a white Christian, you don't get to judge his actions as far as I am concerned.  In my opinion, a person must be a minority, and have experienced the ugliness of prejudices, in order to have a valid opinion on the subject. 

A. that's blatantly racist and discriminatory as all get out.  

B. Because the only form or prejudice or ugliness is based on race?

If you want this thread locked, your post is a great start on that path.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If the Hall wants to have something to honor men who played in the league who also served, that's fine, but it most certainly wouldn't be limited (or lead) by Tillman.

Ugliness is everywhere.  Absolutely.  Their statement is mostly about race.  And the "Kaperdick" guy started this.  I found that offensive.

By all means, lock it up.

26 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand why people are upset with what Kaepernick has started.  But if you happen to be a white Christian, you don't get to judge his actions as far as I am concerned.  In my opinion, a person must be a minority, and have experienced the ugliness of prejudices, in order to have a valid opinion on the subject.  The kneeling is not to dishonor servicemen that have died for their country.  But rather to be a peaceful statement that racism, which is far more disgraceful than kneeling during the National Anthem, is still alive and well in the United States.

You are entitled to your opinion sir.. As am I and many other Americans are entitled to ours who totally disagree with you. Among those that say it is unpatriotic and disrespectful to fallen servicemen are many minorities.. What is your excuse for them ? Kneeling for our anthem has done nothing to help the problem of race problems I admit we have. If anything it's created more of a divide for some. Goes along with burning, pissing, or worse on our flag we have seen at protests.. 

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You are entitled to your opinion sir.. As am I and many other Americans are entitled to ours who totally disagree with you. Among those that say it is unpatriotic and disrespectful to fallen servicemen are many minorities.. What is your excuse for them ? Kneeling for our anthem has done nothing to help the problem of race problems I admit we have. If anything it's created more of a divide for some. Goes along with burning, pissing, or worse on our flag we have seen at protests.. 

I understand why family members of fallen servicemen would agree with you.   Perfectly reasonable.

I'm sure the fascist white trash that recently verbally assaulted that all black youth football team with despicable racial epithets after they chose to kneel would agree with you also.  It was ugly enough that law enforcement was called in.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand why family members of fallen servicemen would agree with you.   Perfectly reasonable.

I'm sure the fascist white trash that recently verbally assaulted that all black youth football team with despicable racial epithets after they chose to kneel would agree with you also.  It was ugly enough that law enforcement was called in.

Don't think it makes any sense to go into individual acts of racism. I sure wouldn't defend those idiots. So a few white racist a-holes would agree with me means I am like them is what you are saying ? I don't think those of the minority who have target the killings of police officers have anything to do with the majority of good people.. It's amazing you can't even honor those who defend our country anymore. The ACLU really made themselves look very stupid a few weeks ago in nj.. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.com/articles/19528755/aclu_takes_issue_with_law_enforcement_ceremony_bef.amp?client=safari

Archived