Jets Activate Giacomini From PUP List

JetNation

Breno Giacomini JN

By Glenn Naughton

The Jets today announced they’ll be activating right tackle Breno Giacomini from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list in advance of their Sunday game against the Cleveland Browns.

The move couldn’t come at a better time as the Jets are badly beaten up on the offensive line with right tackle/guard Brent Qvale already ruled out, center Nick Mangold unlikely to play with ankle injury and starting left tackle Ryan Clady listed as questionable.

Should Clady be unable to go, Ben Ijalana would likely slide over to the left side where he served as D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s back-up for several years before finally getting on the field this season.

Giacomini has been shelved since injuring his back during training camp.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
JDphIKRLQXo

Click here to read the full story...

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Over under on # of penalties he takes if he plays?  3 i say.

Lol ... Wellllll guess we haven't been getting enough yellow flags tossed our way this year ... So that will make it more fair vs. our opponents !  

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fitz will be running for his life. Dump downs all day. That's a bad offensive line. 

Agreed. I feel like the whole line is better at run blocking than pass blocking, and the Browns are one of the worst rush defenses in the league. I think we're going to see a lot of forte and hopefully a lot of Powell

Archived