Will the Jets suck us in again?

Jetster

They do it all the time. You know, I know it, we all throw our hands up in the air, everybody should be fired, and they win a few games & suck you right back in.

All of us know their flawed, but very few teams in this league don't have issues. Like SAR1 stated, they'll get back to 5-5 & all of us will be contemplating what they need to do to get into the playoffs,lol.

While we give up early the coaches never give up, they go to work every morning trying to figure out how to right the ship. It would be fun if they could string together some wins, at least it would make it interesting. There isn't a game the Jets have played that I'm confident in them winning. It's probably what makes them so damn compelling. Pats fans wake up every Sunday & can't even imagine that they will lose..ever.

Jet fans wake up on Sunday & think, "Man this will really suck if we lose to the Browns". 

But if they win, go to 3-5, in the back of your mind, you kind of think it's possible to get to 4-5 right? Team starts gaining some confidence, and your thinking 5-5 isn't out of the realm of possibility right? All part of being a Jet fan. 

Go Jets!

19 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Anyone who thinks that MIA is a pushover is sadly mistaken.  I would not be so fast to count that chicken.

Said it before and I will say it again, whenever anyone looks on their schedule and sees a game against us, they are counting that as one of their easier wins just as we would if we had a competent CS and team that wanted to win.

37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

They do it all the time. You know, I know it, we all throw our hands up in the air, everybody should be fired, and they win a few games & suck you right back in.

All of us know their flawed, but very few teams in this league don't have issues. Like SAR1 stated, they'll get back to 5-5 & all of us will be contemplating what they need to do to get into the playoffs,lol.

Go Jets!

And the answer is:  Of course.  It's what we do, isn't it?

And at 5-5 people will get all starry-eyed and see that we have 5 of our last 7 at home and we beat the Patriots last year and....well, you know the drill.  And if this team hasn't quit on Bowles and if one of our WR's can step up to play the Decker role I fully expect 5-5.

Thing is, anyone who had the Jets at 10 or 11 wins back in July should be big believers in our ability to get to 5-5 because these are the games against the competitors that align with your summer expectations.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Based on how the Fitz-Bowles duo has performed vs playoff teams, it is all entertainment at this point

2016 playoff aspirations for the Jets is fools gold

Playoffs?  LOL.

But 8-8 is a real possibility.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If your outlook on this season budges after this game, you get what you deserve.

Look at the schedule, it's set up for our mediocre quarterback and our stellar DL to play up to their potential and make us the 8-8 or 7-9 team most of us predicted back in July.

I know, I know, it sounds silly to say we're about to embark on a 6-1 run, but if the team hasn't quit on Bowles and if any WR steps up to take Deckers role it's going to happen.  Fitzpatrick, our DL, and our secondary aren't exposed against the ho-hummers on the calendar between now and Christmas.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Playoffs?  LOL.

But 8-8 is a real possibility.

SAR I

Agree, but think the OP eluded to fans getting sucked in to contemplating what the Jets would need to do to get into the playoffs if they made it to 5-5 

sounds like not many of us would consider it, just enjoy winning a few games or getting a better draft pick

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Look at the schedule, it's set up for our mediocre quarterback and our stellar DL to play up to their potential and make us the 8-8 or 7-9 team most of us predicted back in July.

I know, I know, it sounds silly to say we're about to embark on a 6-1 run, but if the team hasn't quit on Bowles and if any WR steps up to take Deckers role it's going to happen.  Fitzpatrick, our DL, and our secondary aren't exposed against the ho-hummers on the calendar between now and Christmas.

SAR I

Yeah, all I actually mean is that we're still going to suck regardless of winning vs. Browns. Hell, I'm skeptical of even winning.

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, but think the OP eluded to fans getting sucked in to contemplating what the Jets would need to do to get into the playoffs if they made it to 5-5 

sounds like not many of us would consider it, just enjoy winning a few games or getting a better draft pick

At 5-5 with two weeks off at the bye the NY media will whip Jets fans into a frenzy, and with a few losses by Oakland, Denver, and Tennessee all the scenarios will be the talk of the forum.

No way we make the playoffs, but 8-8 or 7-9 is a real possibility, it's where most of us had the team back in July.

SAR I

We are not a very good team. Too many holes. Last year, with an easier schedule, we almost made it to the playoffs. But we aren't there yet. We have some young talent that is starting to grow into their positions, and it is fun to watch them (when they are competitive).

Hopefully, we get to see Petty and/or Hack play and they show enough promise to allow us to go BPA (and not draft a QB). That is what we have to look forward to this year; that and watching some of our young talent play.

I for one don't expect them to make the playoffs, so they will not likely suck me in (unless they beat the Pats. They are not good enough to beat a playoff team, so the fact that we aren't likely to get into the playoffs isn't an issue. We are better off going 6-10 then we are going 9-7. I am just going to try and enjoy the games with no expectations, but...

"every time i think i am out, they pull me back in..."

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, all I actually mean is that we're still going to suck regardless of winning vs. Browns. Hell, I'm skeptical of even winning.

Oh yeah, definitely, no question about that.

Thing is, the Buffalo win and the Ravens win pretty much was vintage 2015 Jets and I fully expect similar performances against the Browns, Rams, Colts, 49ers, etc.  If you feel the Jets are capable of sweeping the 3-4 Dolphins, flying out west to beat the 1-6 49ers, then all you need to believe is that we can split with the Patriots and pay back the Bills in Week 17 and we are 10-6. 

Okay....let's be more realistic and say we lose games we should win on paper, we can be 9-7 or 8-8 quite realistically with this schedule, 5 or our last 7 at home in the cold, etc.  I had 'em at 7-9 back in July, I'm feeling pretty good about those odds.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Even if a miracle occured, every ball bounced our way and we won out, id have 0 faith in this team.  They dont have the coaching, the qb or the defense to win a playoff game.

Forget the playoffs, but if you look at the schedule we have not lost a single game we were supposed to win and we won a game we were supposed to lose (@ Bills).  In fact, the only thing making the first half of this season a failure is that we didn't upset the Bengals or Seahawks to hold serve at home.  Outside of that, we are exactly where our talent level says we should be.

Point being, we aren't a bad team; we just have some fans with bad expectations.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Forget the playoffs, but if you look at the schedule we have not lost a single game we were supposed to win and we won a game we were supposed to lose (@ Bills).  In fact, the only thing making the first half of this season a failure is that we didn't upset the Bengals or Seahawks to hold serve at home.  Outside of that, we are exactly where our talent level says we should be.

Point being, we aren't a bad team; we just have some fans with bad expectations.

SAR I

Jets fans always hope for the best each and every game. 

On any given Sunday. 

I've become an incredible cynic/realist these days.  So if we get to 5-5 I'll feel exactly the same as I feel now.  This team isn't good enough to beat a winning team or a playoff team.  This is the underlying issue... Fitz can't beat a good football team.  Jets Defense can't seem to stop a high octane offense.  Until both of these issues are resolved, there is nothing much to even talk about that doesn't include these things even at 5-5, which I fully expect them to get to.  Never thought the day would come as I'm usually an eternal optimist but I just don't see quality from this football club yet.  I still look to the future and think the we are moving in the right direction but its not going to be this season, there is still too much to fix.  

--I would love to be proven wrong and eat an entire crow pie.  If we beat both the Pats and Colts I'll start to to come around at 7-5 by week 14

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We are worse then a bad team.  We are a bad team that is going to have a mediocre record.  It doesnt get any worse.

I also has us pegged as a 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 team.  What bothers me is the future.  Our young players arent convincing me at all, and it seems to me we are heavily reliant on aging stars to a pretty ridiculous degree.  So what we're looking at is a team on the decline, which probably takes a year or two before it turns into a team on the rise.  We haven't hit bottom yet sadly.

1 minute ago, Hael said:

I also has us pegged as a 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 team.  What bothers me is the future.  Our young players arent convincing me at all, and it seems to me we are heavily reliant on aging stars to a pretty ridiculous degree.  So what we're looking at is a team on the decline, which probably takes a year or two before it turns into a team on the rise.  We haven't hit bottom yet sadly.

I disagree with this. Our linebackers are young and surprisingly deep. Our leading receiver is Enunwa, with Peake and Anderson getting burn. Our o-line needs some new players but Dozier and Shell have played and are prospects. 

Our vets are letting us down and it's the young guys showing up. We still need more talent but we have some young pieces in place. 

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I disagree with this. Our linebackers are young and surprisingly deep. Our leading receiver is Enunwa, with Peake and Anderson getting burn. Our o-line needs some new players but Dozier and Shell have played and are prospects. 

Our vets are letting us down and it's the young guys showing up. We still need more talent but we have some young pieces in place. 

Enunwa and Powell both made big contributions today, even if they are usually in the shadows of the better known vets at their positions.

Archived