Jets receiving calls to acquire Sheldon Richardson

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance we get a 1.  We might get a late 2.  

Chandler jones in the last year of his contract basically yielded a late 2 and a player who was basically a bad contract and an instant cut.  So morally a high 3 in value.

He's one of the better DEs in the league, so it's hard to see how we do better with a DT who has character issues.

Interesting post game interview with Sheldon on SNY.  He stated he did not get to play the whole time during the game and that Catapono was rotating in.  Perhaps the coaches and front office have already made the trade and they did not want him getting hurt.

1 minute ago, NYDreamer said:

Interesting post game interview with Sheldon on SNY.  He stated he did not get to play the whole time during the game and that Catapono was rotating in.  Perhaps the coaches and front office have already made the trade and they did not want him getting hurt.

or

the coaches see that he is has been mailing it in since the pre-season and are trying to get some pass rush?

I watched him very closely in the 2nd half. He sucks

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Who does Macc have on his resume as drafted superstars?  JJ Watt was a no brainer so was Hopkins if he's even responsible for him the Texans are worse off than the Jets. 

Hopkins and Watt were far from no brainers.  Good prospects that were liked? Yeah. A+ talents compared to guys like Reggie White like Williams was coming out of college? No.

I hope they trade this hack. Given his position, youth, current contract situation, and position again I'm shooting for a high 3rd at the absolute least, and that is being conservative. 300 pound athletes like him are rare, that this one is a jerkoff makes me not want him on the tesm but still believe he is worth plenty to other teams.

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

You're in la la land if you think a 1st is even a possibility for a dumba$$ that is one slip up from a year long suspension.

I like his politics tho....and would want him on my team

I trade Sheldon but it has nothing to do with his ability or fear of him being suspended.  It's because for years he's made it perfectly clear that money is his #1 goal.  It's going to make the Revis negotiations look like a walk in the park...  and he'd leave here in a heartbeat if it meant earning 1 more dollar.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I trade Sheldon but it has nothing to do with his ability or fear of him being suspended.  It's because for years he's made it perfectly clear that money is his #1 goal.  It's going to make the Revis negotiations look like a walk in the park...  and he'd leave here in a heartbeat if it meant earning 1 more dollar.

Yep, he's talked about getting his Suh money for some time now.

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yep, he's talked about getting his Suh money for some time now.

absolutely no doubt in my mind he, like Revis, would be wayyyy happier getting 18 Mil playing for a 1-15 team than 15 Mil playing for a 10-6 team. 

and much like Suh and Haynesworth WATCH what happens when he knows he's set for life.

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

Can't trade him now -- he will be the crown jewel in the Romo trade during the off season.  Sheldon and some picks for Tony and a pallet of Icy Hot.

Even if you put romo in a ironman suit he is still going to break something. His contract is not worth his injury risk, end of career age. I wouldn't give a 2nd rd for romo. I think we should get a 2nd and maybe later pick for Sheldon.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Even if you put romo in a ironman suit he is still going to break something. His contract is not worth his injury risk, end of career age. I wouldn't give a 2nd rd for romo. I think we should get a 2nd and maybe later pick for Sheldon.

I wouldn't trade for Romo under any circumstances, but I am not the Jets' GM or owner.  Watch it happen.  It is exactly the kind of dumb move this slap-dick team will make.

2 hours ago, Hael said:

No chance we get a 1.  We might get a late 2.  

Chandler jones in the last year of his contract basically yielded a late 2 and a player who was basically a bad contract and an instant cut.  So morally a high 3 in value.

He's one of the better DEs in the league, so it's hard to see how we do better with a DT who has character issues.

As a reference. Pats got a low 2nd and a throw in player for Chandler Jones. 

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I wouldnt entertain anything except a 1 or a high 2.

You understand the other team would be looking to improve and win now? Theefore a team getting him in all likelihood is not gonna be an early 2nd. Such a team is  trying to win now and figure to have a late 2nd; that's the idea of getting Richardson. 

The reality is Wilkerson is here long term and Williams is in his second year. Richardson is the odd man out. It's not a talent issue its a scheme/versatility/depth issue. My guess is we trade him this offseason. Maybe for a player or maybe for picks. I don't see it happening before the trade deadline. 

Archived