If Bowles stays

Jetster

The Jets need to hire an OC that isn't 100 years old. I'm sure Chans a nice man but he's too f*cking old to be the right guy for Glennon, Petty & Hack. We've got these young WRs, we need a stud RB, and we need a smart young blood OC to grow with our future rebuilt Oline & youngsters.

I know a lot of you are against firing Bowles but we won't be able to get a good offensive coach if we keep him. Todd Haley is a no nonsense guy that would be a great choice to build a young offense. Bring a guy in that would play no favorites, has no relationship with any of these QBs. I hope I'm wrong but Todd Bowles is coaching one of the worst defenses in football this year, his supposed expertise. 

So he either sucks or the players sucks, which is it? Those are questions Macc has to answer to Woody. Macc has a lot on his plate with this team. Is he a conservative bore? Or is he a bold risk taker like the Eagles GM was last offseason?

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The Jets need to hire an OC that isn't 100 years old. I'm sure Chans a nice man but he's too f*cking old to be the right guy for Glennon, Petty & Hack. We've got these young WRs, we need a stud RB, and we need a smart young blood OC to grow with our future rebuilt Oline & youngsters.

I know a lot of you are against firing Bowles but we won't be able to get a good offensive coach if we keep him. Todd Haley is a no nonsense guy that would be a great choice to build a young offense. Bring a guy in that would play no favorites, has no relationship with any of these QBs. I hope I'm wrong but Todd Bowles is coaching one of the worst defenses in football this year, his supposed expertise. 

So he either sucks or the players sucks, which is it? Those are questions Macc has to answer to Woody. Macc has a lot on his plate with this team. Is he a conservative bore? Or is he a bold risk taker like the Eagles GM was last offseason?

wait did I miss something? When did Mike Glennon become a Jet?

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nothing wrong with Chan, just that right now he has a QB that severely limits the offense. 

How come people don't get this simple point.

Chan is literally calling the game to protect Fitz from imploding while trying to score points.  It is a tough job.

Fitz can't throw the ball downfield or outside the numbers with regularity, so teams stack the box and play the middle of the field stifling the run game and the passing game.  You can't win like on a regular basis like that.

This is hardly the fault of the OC!!!

Come on now!!!

Chan is fine when he doesnt have fairy arm imploding. Those close to the organization have said that Kevin Patullo is Chan's heir apparent.  He's the guy down on the sidelines with Gailey up in the booth and supposedly has a fair amount of input on game day.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Chan is very limited and restricted due to the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bad QB.

That seems to be true but it isn't. The offense last year and the offense this year look like two different animals, but Fitz was leading both. And let's not forget that even when Geno was in there for a half of football that the offensive play calling was abysmal. Run-run-pass isn't going to cut it in the modern NFL. 

And let's not act as if Chan's personnel usage is terrible too. There are two RBs on this roster. One looks fast, hits holes hard, and can take it to the house any given run. One looks slow, done, and is still getting the rock 30 times a game. That's an issue as much as the QB. 

17 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I truly believe the talent on defense just isn't that good. Their secondary is awful. There's just not a lot of talent back there.

I don't have a big problem with the offense. We just need a QB and we have to rebuild the line.

I agree to a point. Revis has regressed, Marcus WIlliams has been exposed with more playing time.

The line backing corps is young and inexperienced

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

At this stage we need a defensive coordinator more than we need a OC. They should let Petty play now so we can see what we have moving forward and IMHO Todd Bowles should be shown the door ...Why ? Because he's dreadfully slow at adjusting and is a terrible in game coach. This team has taken on his personality and at times look like they are sleeping on the field like he sleeps on the sidelines.

57 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I truly believe the talent on defense just isn't that good. Their secondary is awful. There's just not a lot of talent back there.

I don't have a big problem with the offense. We just need a QB and we have to rebuild the line.

rebuilding an O-line is not an easy task but its not really about the O-Line, its about bad formations and bad support personnel ...We have Horrible TE's who cant block and we do not have a Fullback. We run way to many empty back fields and we are predictable. That's not good for anyone on offense.

9 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

wait did I miss something? When did Mike Glennon become a Jet?

It's a future question when he signs with the Jets as a free agent. Browns or Bears? Only other options where he has chance to win the starting job. Book it, Glennon will be a Jet.

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nothing wrong with Chan, just that right now he has a QB that severely limits the offense. 

How old is Chan Gailey? Do you really believe he has a 5/6 year rebuild in him?

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Chan is fine when he doesnt have fairy arm imploding. Those close to the organization have said that Kevin Patullo is Chan's heir apparent.  He's the guy down on the sidelines with Gailey up in the booth and supposedly has a fair amount of input on game day.

Well that's good to know. As long as he's grooming an heir apparent.

Stop the Gailey nonsense.  Our offense has been significantly worse this year because of the QB period.

If you watch some of the still shots and all-22 tape of our offense you'll see plenty of receivers wide open

who aren't being thrown to.  If we had a QB like Alex Smith our record would be 5-3 at worst

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

How come people don't get this simple point.

Chan is literally calling the game to protect Fitz from imploding while trying to score points.  It is a tough job.

Fitz can't throw the ball downfield or outside the numbers with regularity, so teams stack the box and play the middle of the field stifling the run game and the passing game.  You can't win like on a regular basis like that.

This is hardly the fault of the OC!!!

Come on now!!!

One of the top 5 posts of the year!  One addition to your thoughts....Oline needs to be addressed immediately.

Hmmm... what to do about .... Chan, Bowles, Mac, Fitz, Brandon, Revis, the clipboard qbs, buster, mangold, sheldon and geno... ?   it's all so confusing.  The good news is...

We got the woodster on our side.

Woodie.

No other owner comes close.

Fitz has been awful this year but the playcalling has been awful as well. These are two problems that feed into each other to create a terrible offense. You can blame Fitz for missing open receivers and bad passes but we've had bad playcalling right from the beginning of the season. Even if it's true that Gailey is calling a limited playbook because of Fitz's poor performance you can't pin the rushing plays on Fitz. Fitz isn't calling for more ineffective Forte runs or generally ineffective running plays. If the goal is to keep Fitz from being pressured into making throws that result in INTs then the playcalling is doing the exact opposite. 

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is a 0% chance that Todd Bowles gets fired. If the Jets end up 3 and 13, he will be back next season.

Archived