On to Miami

kevinc855

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big one. We are a better football team than Miami but we need to go out there and play like it for 4 quarters.

We desperately need to win these next 2 against beatable teams. I hope the Jets play like they did the second half of yesterday's game.

I'll be interested to see how Miami play coming off their bye-week. If anything it could work in our favour, they'd put two nice games together just before the bye. Hopefully it'll kill off their momentum a little.

And no matter what it does to our precious draft position, I will NEVER wish for us to lose to the stinking Phish!!! :D 

Just realised that Miami only just beat Cleveland when they played them, 30-24, at home, in OT, after Cleveland missed a game winning FG try in regulation.

Gives me renewed hope that we stand a decent chance next week. But we MUST play a full 60 minutes.

Just realised that Miami only just beat Cleveland when they played them, 30-24, at home, in OT, after Cleveland missed a game winning FG try in regulation.

Gives me renewed hope that we stand a decent chance next week. But we MUST play a full 60 minutes.

Why would you ever need renewed hope for us to beat the Fish? Records never matter against them

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a big one. We are a better football team than Miami but we need to go out there and play like it for 4 quarters.

We desperately need to win these next 2 against beatable teams. I hope the Jets play like they did the second half of yesterday's game.

That would put as at 5-5 and 2-0 in division.  Not likely, but maybe not dead.

Another very winnable game in front of us. The Dolphins snuck by Cleveland in Miami. The Dolphins are better than the Browns but this game is winnable.

If we can go down there and beat them, we have LA in our building with a chance to get back to .500. This is a huge game.

Miami has committed to the ground game. It might come down to us doing what we do well, stop the run.

It'll be interesting to see if Gase changes whats worked for him this year and tries to air it out against our terrible secondary. They haven't had success when trying to throw the ball but with the Jets being so good against the run and so bad against the pass it has to be tempting.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Anyone who thinks this will be easy is deluding themselves. Going against Suh, Mario, Wake...we may see Bryce sooner than later.

Miami was basically the only team the Jets dominated last year. I believe that their two game winning streak is directly tied to Ajayi breaking out for 200 yards rushing in each game. The one thing the Jets do reasonably well is stop the run. 

If we continue to run the football and not turn it over, we will win this game

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Miami really doesn't scare me. If the Jets stop Ajayi, they can stop Miami.

Tannehill doesn't scare anyone. Jets should be 5-5 at the bye. Then they could win four of their last six for a 9-7 finish. Bowles would be only the second Jets HC to have winning records in first two seasons after Parcells. 

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Tannehill doesn't scare anyone. Jets should be 5-5 at the bye. Then they could win four of their last six for a 9-7 finish. Bowles would be only the second Jets HC to have winning records in first two seasons after Parcells. 

So..you are saying we will have 2 losses to the PATS and every other team we will beat?

While of course plausible....  Fitzpatrick will have his shlt show game (s)  and we will more than likely end 7-9.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Well let's say they beat the fins and Rams.

Colts don't scare me, Niners don't scare me, Fins and Bills, they would have already beaten. And NE.... yea they are gonna kick our ass.

But that's only if they can get to the bye 5-5

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We can win this game or get totally blown out, nothing would surprise me with this team at all.  I wouldn't be even a bit surprised if Miami blasted us.

As my brother in law so astutely points out...  "We can make any QB look like Joe Montana".  McCown looked that way 1st half.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Miami really doesn't scare me. If the Jets stop Ajayi, they can stop Miami.

The way Revis has been playing this season - Landry will take him to the woodshed. I'm thinking something around 15 catches for 137 yards and 2 Td's. 

I believe the Jets will handle Ajayi . The key is the Jets generating some points and playing with a lead. If they trail by any moderate margin in this game the Miami pass rush will wreak havoc on Fitzy.

Yes, the Jets came back and won in Cleveland. That's great.

But man, there were a lot of concerning things in that game. Especially how AWFUL the secondary played most of the game. Revis got beat like a drum by T.Pryor. 

I woudl be VERY wary to overlook Landry, Parker and Stills- young, hungry, talented WRs. Especially with Ajayi tearing it up right now.

Make no mistake, the Dolphins WILL attack the Jets secondary. This will be a big test for the Jets defense. I think the will shut down Ajayi, but they will also need to hold the fort in the secondary, and that is my main concern. Also, J.Cameron was out due to a concussion last game but he may be back for the Jets game. We all know how bad the Jets are when dealing with good TEs. 

The other concern is the Miami defense. Their D-line and pass rush is formidable. That spells trouble for the Jets with Fitz and our run game that tends to get going very slowly.  

I'm worried about this game. Getting a win in Cleveland, the way it happened, having to come back, ending up winning by only 3. It just does not give me much confidence. Some of the things in that game really went in the Jets favor and had they not, this would have been a bitter loss.

Yes, the Jets are a better team that the Dolphins right now. And they SHOULD win this game. But they are also A LOT better than the Browns and barely pulled out a win with all the same problems showing up again. 

These next two games @Miami, Rams at home are huge if the Jets have any hope of getting into the playoffs. They have to win both and I'm seriously worried they will drop this game and their layoff hopes will be dashed right then and there.    

Will need to see the final injury report to see if Mangold, Lee, Skrine will be back before I give a prediction.  

23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well let's say they beat the fins and Rams.

Colts don't scare me, Niners don't scare me, Fins and Bills, they would have already beaten. And NE.... yea they are gonna kick our ass.

But that's only if they can get to the bye 5-5

Well, the hope is the Jets go 5-5 into the bye and prepare for the Pats at home. Even if they lose to the pats at home. Even if they lose BOTH Pats games, they can still go 9-7 with a shot at the Wild card. Like you said, Bills, Dolphins they can beat and already HAVE beaten, Niners, Colts don't scare anyone- even the Jets. 

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The way Revis has been playing this season - Landry will take him to the woodshed. I'm thinking something around 15 catches for 137 yards and 2 Td's. 

I believe the Jets will handle Ajayi . The key is the Jets generating some points and playing with a lead. If they trail by any moderate margin in this game the Miami pass rush will wreak havoc on Fitzy.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Not sure that Landry will nec. abuse Revis like you suggest. But yeah, the Jets secondary dealing with Parker, Landry and Stills is the biggest concern for me.

I think the Jets D-line is so good against the run they will not allow Ajayi to have a big day. He has a target on his back now and he will be held in check.

But if Fitz has to pass the ball a lot b/c the Jets are behind, he will get eaten up by that pass rush. That defense, in general, concerns me. I don't see the Jets getting much of a run game going against them. I hope they can put together a balanced attack early and score some points so as not to have to make an epic comeback again. This Miami D-line and pass rush are much, much better than the Browns.       

What we found out again yesterday is that Fitz cannot throw the ball outside.  I expect Miami DBs and LBs to clog up the center of the field, like NE does, and to dare him to beat them deep.  We usually maul Tannehill, but with our secondary this year that may be problematic.  Guys will be open early in the route.  I was not encouraged yesterday, except by Enunwa, Powell and even Robby Anderson, who made a few tough catches.  But we cannot get him deep with Mr. Rag Arm behind center, and that  is his most dangerous quality.  Peake made a tough catch too.  Essentially our D had to face a Fitz clone yesterday, a very inaccurate QB with a slightly stronger arm.  I really do not like Tannehill, but he is a sterner test, considering our secondary.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Yes, the Jets came back and won in Cleveland. That's great.

But man, there were a lot of concerning things in that game. Especially how AWFUL the secondary played most of the game. Revis got beat like a drum by T.Pryor. 

I woudl be VERY wary to overlook Landry, Parker and Stills- young, hungry, talented WRs. Especially with Ajayi tearing it up right now.

Make no mistake, the Dolphins WILL attack the Jets secondary. This will be a big test for the Jets defense. I think the will shut down Ajayi, but they will also need to hold the fort in the secondary, and that is my main concern. Also, J.Cameron was out due to a concussion last game but he may be back for the Jets game. We all know how bad the Jets are when dealing with good TEs. 

The other concern is the Miami defense. Their D-line and pass rush is formidable. That spells trouble for the Jets with Fitz and our run game that tends to get going very slowly.  

I'm worried about this game. Getting a win in Cleveland, the way it happened, having to come back, ending up winning by only 3. It just does not give me much confidence. Some of the things in that game really went in the Jets favor and had they not, this would have been a bitter loss.

Yes, the Jets are a better team that the Dolphins right now. And they SHOULD win this game. But they are also A LOT better than the Browns and barely pulled out a win with all the same problems showing up again. 

These next two games @Miami, Rams at home are huge if the Jets have any hope of getting into the playoffs. They have to win both and I'm seriously worried they will drop this game and their layoff hopes will be dashed right then and there.    

Will need to see the final injury report to see if Mangold, Lee, Skrine will be back before I give a prediction.  

The Jets are weak where the Dolphins are strong.  We know tht fitz cannot handle pass rush.  He starts throwing it around.  I realize the Jets will try to keep it out of his hands but if they get behind the barn door will open.  As for yesterday, it looked to me like the Browns quit the minute they got 1 point behind.  Maybe even a little before that.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Anyone who thinks this will be easy is deluding themselves. Going against Suh, Mario, Wake...we may see Bryce sooner than later.

I actually think we will be 4-6 at the bye--and I cannot see how we win one against NE.  That is an 8-8 ---at best.  If we go 7-9 TB will pat himself on the back.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We can win this game or get totally blown out, nothing would surprise me with this team at all.  I wouldn't be even a bit surprised if Miami blasted us.

They have a chance of eating us alive through the air with Landry, Parker, and Stills. I hate the Dolphins more than anything hopefully they lost their momentum due to the Bye.

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Our o-line will handle them.

Wish I had your confidence, but they did struggle a bit in protection yesterday. Mia D is a big step up from Cleveland. If we cannot run the ball we are toast in this game.

Archived