• DL Steve McClendon
    • LB David Harris
    • LB Darron Lee
    • CB Darrelle Revis
    • CB Marcus Williams
    • S Marcus Gilchrist
    • S Calvin Pryor
    • Someone Else

Defensive MVP is easy and  that's leonard williams. 
Offensive MVP for me has to be Forte (even though I am not a huge fan). He has been the most consistent player on offense, fights hard for every yard and can play every down. He's doing the most you can with a bad QB and an average offensive line. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

MVP's?  We are 3-5. 

+1

The OP must have meant most valueless player(s) in which case I give it to the whole lot of them. I do not care about yesterdays 2nd half, these guys are the most over rated, over paid underachievers I have ever seen. I give my MVP to the schedule makers through who we have seen what this team really is made of. Honorable mention goes to Ray Lucas as well for giving these dopes F's on TV every week LOL.

MVP. LOL. Was anyone thinking about MVP's during the first half yesterday? Or against KC, PIT, SEA? Reading this board sometimes makes me believe that Jet fans love, accept, and admire losing and being laughed at.

By the way, our great defense let Josh McCown throw for almost 400 yards. MVP? Give me a break, thread should have been LVP.

Offense - Enunwa

Defense - not ONE of these players, not one of OUR players, deserves to be called "most" valuable.  Williams may be playing ok, but he's generally a non-factor in win/loss, same as the rest of our D.  This D is a disaster of failure, and the best of it is still bad right now.

22 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

+1

The OP must have meant most valueless player(s) in which case I give it to the whole lot of them. I do not care about yesterdays 2nd half, these guys are the most over rated, over paid underachievers I have ever seen. I give my MVP to the schedule makers through who we have seen what this team really is made of. Honorable mention goes to Ray Lucas as well for giving these dopes F's on TV every week LOL.

MVP. LOL. Was anyone thinking about MVP's during the first half yesterday? Or against KC, PIT, SEA? Reading this board sometimes makes me believe that Jet fans love, accept, and admire losing and being laughed at.

By the way, our great defense let Josh McCown throw for almost 400 yards. MVP? Give me a break, thread should have been LVP.

Passing yards to me is a meaningless stat to measure a defense on. With the rules the way they are, I could probably throw for 100 yards with a good OL

The idea that you can't have a team MVP on a losing team is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.  Some of you people seem to lead miserable little lives.  It's okay to be happy and support the team and look for players that have played well even if the team is losing - take a pill, go to therapy, have a beer - do what you need to do to change your attitude and you'll find life a bit more enjoyable

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The idea that you can't have a team MVP on a losing team is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.  Some of you people seem to lead miserable little lives.  It's okay to be happy and support the team and look for players that have played well even if the team is losing - take a pill, go to therapy, have a beer - do what you need to do to change your attitude and you'll find life a bit more enjoyable

Agreed.  It's amazing.

I see nothing wrong with recognizing players who are playing well and leading this team.  Just because the Jets may suck, doesnt mean they all suck and that they shouldnt celebrate players who are actually having a great year.

At this point it's all about seeing what you have on your roster and I personally find it encouraging that the 2 guys getting the most votes are young studs the team drafted.

When the team goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs we're going to remember this thread and thank Q and Leo for setting the tone.

31 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

For those who think Q is the first half offensive MVP for us.. Is he able to do what he currently does without Marshall? That's a question you must ask yourself, and to me it's no.

I have no idea, because he plays with Marshall . Before 2015, many people thought Decker was a Peyton Manning creation . The guy had a solid yr with Geno as the QB with no sidekick and improved the following year with Fitzpatrick as his QB and Marshall as his running mate .

You are doing an awesome job as Brandon Marshall's agent thou .

41 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I have no idea, because he plays with Marshall . Before 2015, many people thought Decker was a Peyton Manning creation . The guy had a solid yr with Geno as the QB with no sidekick and improved the following year with Fitzpatrick as his QB and Marshall as his running mate .

You are doing an awesome job as Brandon Marshall's agent thou .

My question was actually a rhetorical one. Marshall does make him better. Period, end of discussion. No defense goes into a week game planning for us looking to take away Q. They look to take away one of the best receivers in the league.. you know, the guy who just had an effing career year last year? You guys are pipe dreaming if you think Q isn't benefiting greatly from playing with Marshall.

Brandon Marshall and Sheldon Richardson and it's not even close.  Marshall is the primary receiver and draws most of the defense, and also has most of the production.  Enunwa was a third string wr for several games.

Likewise Richardson draws most of the double teams and has to play out of position, he's significantly more important than Williams, who despit having single blocking has a tendency to disappear for large stretches of the games other than the first one.

Archived