#24 is only collecting paychecks at this point

JetUp91

Absolutely, positively disgusting. We've praised this guy for years as being one of the greatest players this team has ever had, and after we give him a nice fat contract to "come back home where he wants to play," this is what we get from him. Understand this, he doesn't care about this team. He doesn't care about the fans. He never has. As a fan who has been PROUD to have somebody like him be on this team since he was drafted, I regret every second of him being here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What I know is that I think Revis led the team in tackles this week.

Also, he played pretty well last year Had only 2 or 3 bad games.

So why didn't he pack it in last year

I think he got lazy. He came into training camp fat and out of shape (said it himself), and just decided to not put in that same level of effort he has in the past. He's already built in an excuse for himself, that his body is breaking down or whatever he said. He's given himself insurance for people who will criticize his play.. but he can say that all he wants. Your body breaking down doesn't mean you just don't try anymore.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He led in tackles because they keep throwing to the guys he is covering, lol.

He is just emulating Deion Sanders on these plays ;)

You have to accept the fact that there is no more Revis Island. And you're not going to base your secondary coverage on of giving him one on one with the opponents best receiver. Those days are over. But he's definitely giving up too much of a cushion and it's hurting us. So the scheme has to be fixed. He still has talent and great experience and knowledge. He's not jaking it but he looks to be embarrassed at the lack of quality of his play esp after being the best in the NFL. He has to personally adapt to it and give us what he has. They will next year offer him a new deal or they will cut him rather than pay him 15 mil. He gets 6 mil whether he stays or leaves. Maybe give him a total of nine for 2017 if he agrees to it. The idea of switching to safety is something even he has mentioned. 

He has taken the old double jump down the ladder.  In most cases you see great players, lose a step but still be good because they are smarter and have the effort.  Revis has skipped that middle step from Great, to really good and now is at the utter jag level.  He's awful.  And that is a hard thing to say about a guy that over a two year period was probably the best all around CB the league had ever seen.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to accept the fact that there is no more Revis Island. And you're not going to base your secondary coverage on of giving him one on one with the opponents best receiver. Those days are over. But he's definitely giving up too much of a cushion and it's hurting us. So the scheme has to be fixed. He still has talent and great experience and knowledge. He's not jaking it but he looks to be embarrassed at the lack of quality of his play esp after being the best in the NFL. He has to personally adapt to it and give us what he has. They will next year offer him a new deal or they will cut him rather than pay him 15 mil. He gets 6 mil whether he stays or leaves. Maybe give him a total of nine for 2017 if he agrees to it. The idea of switching to safety is something even he has mentioned. 

It's not a matter of there being no more "Revis Island." We all know that's done with. It's his effort that he's not giving. I don't care where he plays, if he's not going to try it's not going to matter.

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Money. Last year his best chance of ever getting somebody to pay him again was to at least mail it in on game days. Now he's so far gone that he needs to be seen actively dogging it to try to fool somebody into thinking it's a matter of won't rather than can't. Every single series he goes back on the field is a damning indictment of an organization with no voice, no authority, and no accountability. This stupid loser-ass team. I actually caught myself enjoying the first half yesterday. Hating your team should be part of the fun of being a sports fan, but it shouldn't be all the fun, and that's pretty much where i'm at with this ragtag bunch of dipsh*ts and retards.

In a perfect world, every player gives 100% on every play.  Last I checked though, this world is far from perfect.  Hell, look at Wilk.  Does he even give 75% on 75% of the plays?

The reality is the defense sees the offense play.  They see the inability to complete simple passes which some high school QBs can.  They get exhausted when they continually have to go back in after 3-and-outs from the offense.  

Simply put, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the root of all evil in this world. 

Heck, it probably isn't all that hard to blame this election or even the Middle East on Fitz.

Think about it.  ISIS have beards.  Fitz has a beard.  Coincidence?

26 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's hard to even call Revis average at this point.  Trading him was one of Idzik's greatest moves.

We essentially got Dee Milliner out of him, which was probably a greater waste of roster space. But yeah, at this point, I don't see Revis coming back next year. He'll save us lik 6-8mil or something, which is more than his worth as is. If he turns it around in the last half, he may end up playing one more yea here.

Just now, Mike135 said:

In a perfect world, every player gives 100% on every play.  Last I checked though, this world is far from perfect.  Hell, look at Wilk.  Does he even give 75% on 75% of the plays?

The reality is the defense sees the offense play.  They see the inability of complete simple passes which some high school QBs can.  They get exhausted when they continually have to go back in after 3-and-outs from the offense.  

Simply put, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the root of all evil in this world. 

Heck, it probably isn't all that hard to blame this election or even the Middle East on Fitz.

Think about it.  ISIS have beards.  Fitz has a beard.  Coincidence?

You are purely retarded.

16 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

It's not a matter of there being no more "Revis Island." We all know that's done with. It's his effort that he's not giving. I don't care where he plays, if he's not going to try it's not going to matter.

I don't see that. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Leading the team in tackles as a CB = being targeted a ton.

He packed it in last year. Week 17.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm curious what fanbase you imagine would be content with Revis's performance, especially considering his pay, last year and this year?

he's actually been good most of this season.  in those 3 clips the first one looks bad but the other 2 there's nothing wrong with them. he's the greatest player in franchise history and now he is becoming hated b/c Todd Bowles is an awful HC and is treating Revis like he's 2009 revis.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he's actually been good most of this season.  in those 3 clips the first one looks bad but the other 2 there's nothing wrong with them. he's the greatest player in franchise history and now he is becoming hated b/c Todd Bowles is an awful HC and is treating Revis like he's 2009 revis.

Revis has been crap all season and has help half the time or more. Treating him like 2009 would mean no help ever and scheming to funnel plays his way. That is just not happening.

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Revis has been crap all season and has help half the time or more. Treating him like 2009 would mean no help ever and scheming to funnel plays his way. That is just not happening.

he rarely gets help, he's been fine this season.  

Archived