I hate Browns Fans

kevinc855

So got back from Cleveland early this morning and let me say this, I officially hate Browns fans. They are an angry bunch who attempted taunting me leading 20-7 at the half. Lets jut say that didn't work out to well for them. Also they didn't seem to approve me yelling at Bernie Kosar at halftime to pay his taxes. Whatever. Also need to point out ALOT of green in the stadium. Great after party with fellow Jet fans and just to be that guy, rooting for the Cubs to win. Go JETS!

I would imagine Browns fans to be a lot like us Jet fans- long suffering and sick of watching garbage football year after year after year. What makes it worse for them is the Franchise that used to be called the Browns has Ozzie Newsome & John Harbaugh at the helm and have won 2 SB's in recent history.

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

By visitors tunnel

I dunno what to tell you dude. If you're gonna travel to a rust belt sh*thole and sit in peasant seats with the unwashed fans of a winless team and the worst you can say is that you got 'taunted' after that abortion of a first half, you've really got nothing to whine about.

30 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So got back from Cleveland early this morning and let me say this, I officially hate Browns fans. They are an angry bunch who attempted taunting me leading 20-7 at the half. Lets jut say that didn't work out to well for them. Also they didn't seem to approve me yelling at Bernie Kosar at halftime to pay his taxes. Whatever. Also need to point out ALOT of green in the stadium. Great after party with fellow Jet fans and just to be that guy, rooting for the Cubs to win. Go JETS!

So..the man with no shoes hates the man with no feet.

17 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I dunno what to tell you dude. If you're gonna travel to a rust belt sh*thole and sit in peasant seats with the unwashed fans of a winless team and the worst you can say is that you got 'taunted' after that abortion of a first half, you've really got nothing to whine about.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

*slow clap*

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is there an NFL fanbase in existence that doesn't taunt opposing fans? I've had nonsense yelled at me in Nashville for ****'s sake. 

No. Because it has nothing to do with what team they root for, and everything to do with the fact that they are humans. 

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

When you attend an event where the majority of patrons refer to a group they're not on as 'we,' it's kind of foolish not to expect that. 

My favorite is when the other team gets a big sack or a touchdown and the jagaloon in front of you says something like "YOU'RE IN OUR HOUSE NOW PAL!" No I'm not. Shut up, jabroni. 

I think in general the experience in the game for home and visitors alike has gone down tremendously over the past 10-20 years. I used to go to the old Sullivan stadium in foxboro and wear my green and white and never had any real problems. Sure you would get good natured ribbing, but more often than not, fans were friendly (even buy you beers). I went to college in Cleveland and went to a game and sat in the dog pound in the eighties. I got a lot of ribbing, but they were great, genuine fans. I found that if the opposing fans weren't d*ks everyone got along.

Quite frankly, (sorry SAR), I have found as the ticket prices have gone up, the fan base got worse. Here is my rationale, when the tickets were reasonable, the fans were all blue collar folks. Hell, have of Sullivan stadium were Cops and Fireman. So, if one jerk got angry and drunk they were surrounded with 100 guys who would tell him to sit down and shut up. If they didn't, they would get 'dealt with' by the fans.

Now, most of these people are priced out of the market and it has gotten too expensive. Now if some drunk jerk mouths off, he is surrounded by the affluent who don't want to get involved. Instead of the 20 people around them enforcing good behavior, the 20 around them get all wiggly and pull out there phones. Then the bad mob behavior takes over.

When Gillette stadium was built, I started watching the games from the luxury boxes. In addition to having a ridiculous set of pompous entitled babies who didn't even know the rules of the game (as opposed to the real fans). Twice I had to break up a fight in the Luxury box (the Jet fan was on top and if anyone other than a Jet fan got involved, he would have been jumped). What kind of a jerk starts a fight in a Luxury box over a football game?

10 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

When you attend an event where the majority of patrons refer to a group they're not on as 'we,' it's kind of foolish not to expect that. 

I sat in a section on Saturday where grown men and women, bark like dogs for their team.  And when they kick the ball off they say "go dawgs, sick em, woof woof woof".

True story though, I've never been more frightened for my life than when I left Death Valley on an evening where Rex Grossman threw for 450 yards and 5 TD's and I think Brock Berlin even got in for a TD too..the good ole days! We won like 44-15 or something like that and it was legit scary leaving the stadium. Only time in my life at an opposing teams stadium that I felt that way.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Gfy

Living in Michigan and being a Jet Fan I have been to Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, Nashville, Cincy, Pittsburg, Kansas City,and St Louis, not to mention having season tix for years at Shea and then at The Meadowlands. The worst fans I have ever encountered? Had to be a road game at the friggin Meadowlands against the Giants. Giant fans are the worst scum on the planet. They even lost the game and still talked stuff. We even got into a brawl in the parking lot. All around bunch of wussies.

I sat in the Dawg Pound in a driving snowstorm and watched 2 putrid teams play a horrible game. I got razzed sure but most of the fan's were cool. We commiserated because both teams sucked so bad. The best road game? Chad and the Boys killed on the road at Green Bay. Something like 42-7 was the score when We left and went to Brett Favre's steakhouse. Had a nice time and saw some excellent history. Even got on the field before the game! A great experience.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Living in Michigan and being a Jet Fan I have been to Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, Nashville, Cincy, Pittsburg, Kansas City,and St Louis, not to mention having season tix for years at Shea and then at The Meadowlands. The worst fans I have ever encountered? Had to be a road game at the friggin Meadowlands against the Giants. Giant fans are the worst scum on the planet. They even lost the game and still talked stuff. We even got into a brawl in the parking lot. All around bunch of wussies.

I sat in the Dawg Pound in a driving snowstorm and watched 2 putrid teams play a horrible game. I got razzed sure but most of the fan's were cool. We commiserated because both teams sucked so bad. The best road game? Chad and the Boys killed on the road at Green Bay. Something like 42-7 was the score when We left and went to Brett Favre's steakhouse. Had a nice time and saw some excellent history. Even got on the field before the game! A great experience.

With you on Browns fans generally (Gastineau game when both teams were good was a whole other story) and worst opposing fans being in the Meadowlands. My vote goes to the Seattle game this year though. Seahawks fans with Jersey accents are the worst fans in the world and the worst humans this side of boko haram.

Archived