How does Powell

chirorob

Only have 30 carries so far this year?  I mean, he's barely averaging 7 yards a pop.

He does have 25 catches, but come on.  Why even extend him for decent money if you won't give him the ball.   This isn't hating on Powell, I like him.  It isn't hating on Forte, I like him too.  But Forte is 30, why can't you split the carries better than 157 to 30?   For that matter, why are you giving Forte 20 carries a game, trying to wear him out before we even play NE?

I heard Greg Buttle the homer say something so stupid last night on the post game to the effect that the CS is saving Powell for later on in the season. I almost crashed my car when I heard that! If this is even remotely true, I would love to know the rationale behind this.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I heard Greg Buttle the homer say something so stupid last night on the post game to the effect that the CS is saving Powell for later on in the season. I almost crashed my car when I heard that! If this is even remotely true, I would love to know the rationale behind this.

Dude,  when Powell rushes for 300 yards in our last 3 games to lock up an 8-8 season you are going to feel really stupid....

13 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Only have 30 carries so far this year?  I mean, he's barely averaging 7 yards a pop.

He does have 25 catches, but come on.  Why even extend him for decent money if you won't give him the ball.   This isn't hating on Powell, I like him.  It isn't hating on Forte, I like him too.  But Forte is 30, why can't you split the carries better than 157 to 30?   For that matter, why are you giving Forte 20 carries a game, trying to wear him out before we even play NE?

Matt Forte is averaging 3.3 ypc on the season and has 157 attempts already.  Which would put him at 314 for the year if it keeps up.  The most carries he's had in his career at 30 years old.  

Meanwhile, Powell is just straight balling. The dude makes something out of nothing and picks up long 1st on 3rd like it's easy.

There is no reason to be running Forte and his 3.3 ypc into the ground at this rate.  No reason.

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

Matt Forte is averaging 3.3 ypc on the season and has 157 attempts already.  Which would put him at 314 for the year if it keeps up.  The most carries he's had in his career at 30 years old.  

Meanwhile, Powell is just straight balling. The dude makes something out of nothing and picks up long 1st on 3rd like it's easy.

There is no reason to be running Forte and his 3.3 ypc into the ground at this rate.  No reason.

He's my fantasy running back and my team couldn't handle him splitting touches evenly with Powell. That's a reason...

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

So dumb.   Play them both so neither crashes at the end of the season.  

This reminds me of injured C-Mart getting 320 carries, and LaMont Jordan getting 63.

42 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's my fantasy running back and my team couldn't handle him splitting touches evenly with Powell. That's a reason...

If your fantasy team is dependent on Jets play makers, you are screwed anyway.

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

Shhh. I have Forte in my fantasy league. 

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

They probably agreed that Forte will get the bulk of the carries. My problem is that I dont think there's a game this season that it took less than 30 carries in the game for Forte to break 100 yards. Thats alot of carries just to get to 100. I dont mind giving Forte 20 carries, but you can certainly give Powell the other 10-15 per game. Matter of fact how about split the carries but put Forte on the field on 3rd down? How do we have one of the best pass catching RB's this generation and he's not even on the field on 3rd down? Or, how about doing split backs? We all know that Fitz isnt the best at throwing down the field, how about setting up mismatches with our RB's and picking up YAC? 

Instead of holding on to all these TE's that dont ever play actual football games, how about cutting one in order to sign a FB and get Forte some assistance, especially if we're going to use him that much? 

Granted, im not worried about wearing out Forte because its not like we're making the playoffs. We're at the midway point and Forte looks like the same RB from week 1, though we could use his services as well as Powell's much more efficiently. 

8 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

It seems like they spent the money on Forte so they feel like they have to keep playing him although Powell plays so much better. Same was true with Ivory. When Ivory's performance started to drop off and Powell was the better of the two they kept going to Ivory. 

No, I just think they don't believe they have the OL to run wide and Forte is the best to run between the tackles. You start increasing Powell's workload and he'll get injured. It's happened before.

The Jets like Forte's sure-handedness and he is the perfect complement to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I find it puzzling that Powell is not at least sharing the workload with Forte. Agree with PowPow to go to a 2 back set. This can open up more options. It adds another dimension to the offense. Also Powell is more of a power back/slasher where Forte is more fitness and seam runner. Why Powell doesn't come in on short yardage situations is again confusing. 

On 11/1/2016 at 7:25 AM, MaxAF said:

I find it puzzling that Powell is not at least sharing the workload with Forte. Agree with PowPow to go to a 2 back set. This can open up more options. It adds another dimension to the offense. Also Powell is more of a power back/slasher where Forte is more fitness and seam runner. Why Powell doesn't come in on short yardage situations is again confusing. 

I think Bowles doesn't have a clue.  Forte has been ok this year but not good enough to be a full-time running back.

It's not like Powell is Barry Sanders reincarnate, Jets fans do overrate him a bit, but there is 0.0 reason to not have a 50/50 share in reps between him and Forte.

On October 31, 2016 at 3:07 PM, chirorob said:

This reminds me of injured C-Mart getting 320 carries, and LaMont Jordan getting 63.

Where's the + 999999999 likes button?

i'm a fan of Forte ... Def need more of his touches going to Powell though

On October 31, 2016 at 2:07 PM, chirorob said:

Bowles is Herm minus charisma

Crazy thing is Bowles is actually worse at clock management which is almost impossible 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Bowles is Herm minus charisma

Crazy thing is Bowles is actually worse at clock management which is almost impossible 

bowles - " hey chan, the bighand is seconds and the little hand is minutes right"

chan - "uh idk, we need to get forte some more carries though"

On 10/31/2016 at 1:23 PM, ASH1962 said:

That's not the first stupid thing that Buttle has said . Buttle is the ultimate HOMER . He has chapped lips from kissing Woody's ass .

On October 31, 2016 at 8:42 PM, drdetroit said:

Enunwa is good in fantasy

Thinking about picking him up. I have Dion Lewis, Steve Smith, Doug Martin and Spencer Ware on my bench and the bench size is 4! Yay. 

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I think Bowles doesn't have a clue.  Forte has been ok this year but not good enough to be a full-time running back.

It's not like Powell is Barry Sanders reincarnate, Jets fans do overrate him a bit, but there is 0.0 reason to not have a 50/50 share in reps between him and Forte.

I think he's a solid, contributing back.   Not elite, but a very decent player.   Forte isn't so much better that he should be getting 5 times the carries Powell is.  I think both would be better sharing the load.  Powell, so he can get into the flow of the game, Forte so he isn't done by week 12.

Archived