Jets Shopping Sheldon?

JetNation

Sheldon Richardson JN

By Glenn Naughton

With the NFL trade deadline just hours away, nj.com is reporting that the New York Jets are engaged in talks with the Dallas Cowboys about a deal that would included Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson.

Richarson, one of the NFL’s most dynamic young defensive players, has been a chess piece for Todd Bowles and the Jets in 2016, significantly limiting  his production.  Richardson has been used as a defensive end, outside linebacker with a bit of inside linebacker sprinkled in.

Winner of the NFL’s defensive rookie of the year award just a few seasons ago, it appears the Jets view Richardson as expendable with fellow-lineman Muhammad Wilkerson inked to a long-term deal and second-year lineman Leonard Williams in the fold.  Richardson’s history of off-field issues probably aren’t helping him much in the eyes of the Jets at this point either.

Dallas, armed with one of the best young offenses in the NFL, could use a playmaker on the defensive line, and Richardson would give them exactly that.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
sB9ah0WHqzc

Click here to read the full story...

"It is what it is - I'm on paper here until Tuesday." -Sheldon Richardson

I believe he is 110% about the money and gives zero percent about the Jets or the team. These are not the kinds of guys that you want on your team long term. I would ship him out for a 2nd round pick or a conditional 3rd if he tops X number of plays or sacks.

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I believe he is 110% about the money and gives zero percent about the Jets or the team. These are not the kinds of guys that you want on your team long term. I would ship him out for a 2nd round pick or a conditional 3rd if he tops X number of plays or sacks.

I never saw him as a 'team' guy. I would take the deal you outlined. More draft picks, more draft picks.

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Like Mevis and Mo???:wacko:

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What???? What has he done to make you think that?

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

What???? What has he done to make you think that?

It's not necessarily his actions as much as it is his words. I remember back during a pre-season game, Mo's contract was brought up and he goes and says something like "I can't wait to get mine" .... Now I get it, I'd wanna get as much money as possible too but for him to be so outspokenly driven by it shows what he's about.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's not necessarily his actions as much as it is his words. I remember back during a pre-season game, Mo's contract was brought up and he goes and says something like "I can't wait to get mine" .... Now I get it, I'd wanna get as much money as possible too but for him to be so outspokenly driven by it shows what he's about.

I remember him saying Mo should get a huge deal but I don't remember him talking about himself??

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

It's true.  Jets players should go back to the days when $11K per year was a very good salary for star players on this team (xcept for Namath), and they all had second jobs, and ran to the bank on payday in their uniforms to make sure the check did not bounce.  

Archived