Norver Turner resigns as Vikings OC

Integrity28

Crazy bad luck for Vikings. Yet, they managed to stand tall under adversity. The Jets, well, they basically balled up because they were too scared to bench the QB and didn't want to hurt their over-priced Revis's feelings. 

Horrible culture for us. Perhaps Norv can be part of the next coaching staff here... I dunno. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ASH1962 said:

What does Norv Turner resigning as Minnesota's OC have to do with the Jets?

There's a portion of fans, who post here, that think Bowles should be fired. I suggested Norv as OC for the next coaching staff. It's in the first post. You can read it. Go ahead. 

I honestly wouldn't mind hiring Norv. I don't think the organization has any plans to get rid of Chan Gailey though. And I really don't think Chan has done a bad job. Bit Norv would be the perfect OC for a young QB to learn under.

I think the offense has struggled in Minnesota mainly due to all the injuries they've sustained to key players. Bringing in a QB to start for your team on the eve of the regular season is tough.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I honestly wouldn't mind hiring Norv. I don't think the organization has any plans to get rid of Chan Gailey though. And I really don't think Chan has done a bad job. Bit Norv would be the perfect OC for a young QB to learn under.

I think the offense has struggled in Minnesota mainly due to all the injuries they've sustained to key players. Bringing in a QB to start for your team on the eve of the regular season is tough.

They are playing with a backup QB, backup RB, and their offensive line is a complete disaster (which is why I suggested trying to trade them a scrub OL for a late pick yesterday, because they are desperate).

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There's a portion of fans, who post here, that think Bowles should be fired. I suggested Norv as OC for the next coaching staff. It's in the first post. You can read it. Go ahead. 

It's also general NFL News, which we also discuss here, regularly.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes for OC. Hell no for head coach. He was dreadful here for the Skins.

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Crazy bad luck for Vikings. Yet, they managed to stand tall under adversity. The Jets, well, they basically balled up because they were too scared to bench the QB and didn't want to hurt their over-priced Revis's feelings. 

Horrible culture for us. Perhaps Norv can be part of the next coaching staff here... I dunno. 

Haven't they lost two in a row

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Haven't they lost two in a row

If you're a pessimist, you look at the 2 losses. If you're an optimist, you look at the 5 straight wins coming directly after the loss of AD and Bridgewater.

Once again, you contradict your "be positive" agenda.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

If you're a pessimist, you look at the 2 losses. If you're an optimist, you look at the 5 straight wins coming directly after the loss of AD and Bridgewater.

Once again, you contradict your "be positive" agenda.

Only when it comes to this team. I can clearly spot warts elsewhere. But I am less accepting of them because I am not personally affected by warts on other teams

Chan is not a problem IMO.  That is somewhat debatable.  

The HC is a far bigger issue for me.  That is almost indisputable.  I don't like what I see at all.   Team comes out flat way too often.  Bowles has made indefensible game decisions, and then says he would do the same thing again. The halftime adjustments are horrid.  Having the worst 3rd quarter team in the NFL is an ominous sign.  I have more but feel that is enough.

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Coaches coach, players play.  I have hardly any issues with Chan as our OC.  

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The HC is a far bigger issue for me.  That is almost indisputable.  I don't like what I see at all.   Team comes out flat way too often.  Bowles has made indefensible game decisions, and then says he would do the same thing again. The halftime adjustments are horrid.  Having the worst 3rd quarter team in the NFL is an ominous sign.  I have more but feel that I enough.

I've said the same. Players aren't executing. 

I just figure, for those that want to fire Bowles, it makes sense to queue up who might be available to join the next HC's staff. 

Personally, I think Bowles is having a down year with regard to his stubbornness influencing bad decisions. Gailey has done a good job. Players have been an absolute embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The HC is a far bigger issue for me.  That is almost indisputable.  I don't like what I see at all.   Team comes out flat way too often.  Bowles has made indefensible game decisions, and then says he would do the same thing again. The halftime adjustments are horrid.  Having the worst 3rd quarter team in the NFL is an ominous sign.  I have more but feel that I enough.

He flat out came out and said he didn't make an half time adjustments in the Cleveland game.  Stupefying! 

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

He flat out came out and said he didn't make an half time adjustments in the Cleveland game.  Stupefying! 

2 options with this imo:

1. he was lying and didnt want to tip off the adjustments he made

2. he didnt need to, the game plan was correct and his players went out and executed the way they should have in the first half

just thought of a third option., the doo doo browns showed up n the second half and they lost.

I would hire the Norv as HC of this team in a heartbeat, even though he has been a disaster as a head coach. Why? Because this team is going to suck for the next several years no matter what happens because of how far deep a hole the roster is in. So at least bring him in to help us develop a QB for a few years before we fire him. 

Archived