Jets’ Revis Feels Disrespected

JetNation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

After he took the $12MM though. He retired last season. That holdout made a huge statement IMO. A loss tomorrow to the Dolphins should end his NYJ career.

He didn't hold out. Holding out means you're under contract. So, no. It didn't make a huge statement. And how much would you be complaining if he took the Jets 3 year contract they offered him? He'll latch on to another team next season as a backup. Probably for more money than Geno will get too.

Also, your thoughts on Geno coming back are pretty laughable. That guy doesn't want to come back to the Jets and there is no way they bring him back coming off of a knee injury/surgery. They will need a veteran, but it's best for both parties to move in different directions. He's done as a Jet, just as Fitz will be after the season. 

46 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He didn't hold out. Holding out means you're under contract. So, no. It didn't make a huge statement. And how much would you be complaining if he took the Jets 3 year contract they offered him? He'll latch on to another team next season as a backup. Probably for more money than Geno will get too.

Also, your thoughts on Geno coming back are pretty laughable. That guy doesn't want to come back to the Jets and there is no way they bring him back coming off of a knee injury/surgery. They will need a veteran, but it's best for both parties to move in different directions. He's done as a Jet, just as Fitz will be after the season. 

Look, no matter how hard you try you cannot ignore the FACT that you wanted Fitz back. I made it clear that once the OTA's started he should not be signed.

you may not call it a hold out and may even be technically correct. The case can be made against you though that he was named the starter by the HC. Your Fitz argument was weak then and proven to be a disaster to this season and this franchise. To not develop the young QB's was a mistake.

it is ok to make mistakes. I make them all the time. The thing is how you manage the mistake to correct it. Not signing Geno back puts the Jets in a position of weakness at QB, this is already a precarious situation. I think a  1 or 2 year deal as a back up is a win/win.

Jets win: Geno knows the system. He will not be ready for TC (?). If he is not he won't take snaps from the two QB's who need them. Signing another vet other than Geno would do this. His contract will be manageable. Due to his injury other teams may over look him. This will keep his cost down.

Geno wins: He gets the chance to heal with very little pressure to show his health condition. This is just good business on both parts. Pro football is a business. 

i don't remember seeing Geno quoted as saying he would not return here. Your hatred of Geno blinds you to a point of not having any real credibility. Please remember how much you lost in that Fitz fight. 

24 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Look, no matter how hard you try you cannot ignore the FACT that you wanted Fitz back. I made it clear that once the OTA's started he should not be signed.

you may not call it a hold out and may even be technically correct. The case can be made against you though that he was named the starter by the HC. Your Fitz argument was weak then and proven to be a disaster to this season and this franchise. To not develop the young QB's was a mistake.

it is ok to make mistakes. I make them all the time. The thing is how you manage the mistake to correct it. Not signing Geno back puts the Jets in a position of weakness at QB, this is already a precarious situation. I think a  1 or 2 year deal as a back up is a win/win.

Jets win: Geno knows the system. He will not be ready for TC (?). If he is not he won't take snaps from the two QB's who need them. Signing another vet other than Geno would do this. His contract will be manageable. Due to his injury other teams may over look him. This will keep his cost down.

Geno wins: He gets the chance to heal with very little pressure to show his health condition. This is just good business on both parts. Pro football is a business. 

i don't remember seeing Geno quoted as saying he would not return here. Your hatred of Geno blinds you to a point of not having any real credibility. Please remember how much you lost in that Fitz fight. 

This post should be put in a Hall of Shame somewhere. Good lord. 

I haven't ignored anything. I wanted Fitz back. I've never denied that. If the running game was halfway decent and the defense isn't one of the worst in the league, the decision isn't all that bad. This season has been a whole team failure. 

Geno isn't coming back. He needs a fresh start. This staff doesn't trust him, that much is obvious. There is a lot of football to be played between now and 2017. The Jets should get a good look at Petty. If he's not the goods, they'll need a vet to start next season who will actually be ready for training camp. That won't be Geno. The QB situation won't be figured out overnight, but you can all but guarantee that Fitz and Geno are gone.

I also find it laughable that you think I care what you think about my credibility. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This post should be put in a Hall of Shame somewhere. Good lord. 

I haven't ignored anything. I wanted Fitz back. I've never denied that. If the running game was halfway decent and the defense isn't one of the worst in the league, the decision isn't all that bad. This season has been a whole team failure. 

Geno isn't coming back. He needs a fresh start. This staff doesn't trust him, that much is obvious. There is a lot of football to be played between now and 2017. The Jets should get a good look at Petty. If he's not the goods, they'll need a vet to start next season who will actually be ready for training camp. That won't be Geno. The QB situation won't be figured out overnight, but you can all but guarantee that Fitz and Geno are gone.

I also find it laughable that you think I care what you think about my credibility. 

You miss the point; if Fitz was any good the Jets would have a running game. 

Still no quote from Geno. You can't just make things up and call them laughable. If the staff did not trust Geno he would not have started against BAL. Bowles could not show up his bosses who listened to fans and signed Fitz for $12MM. The Jets need to make better business decisions.

Signing Revis for $17MM is ok if he does not live up to it. Not cutting him would just compound the mistake. 

If the Jets let Geno walk (quite possible) just whom would they sign? What QB other than Fitz (who is a disaster) knows the system? 

With the Jets requiring cost effective players next season because of high priced FA signings like Revis and Fitz, Geno is a smart choice for them to make. Geno allows the Jets to use the young QB's and have them gain the live experience they need. 

Since you don't care about my thoughts and your credibility just why do you quote and neg rep me? You appear very confused in doing that and then making these statements. Easy to see how you can pick Fitz for $12MM. SMH....

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

You miss the point; if Fitz was any good the Jets would have a running game. 

Still no quote from Geno. You can't just make things up and call them laughable. If the staff did not trust Geno he would not have started against BAL. Bowles could not show up his bosses who listened to fans and signed Fitz for $12MM. The Jets need to make better business decisions.

Signing Revis for $17MM is ok if he does not live up to it. Not cutting him would just compound the mistake. 

If the Jets let Geno walk (quite possible) just whom would they sign? What QB other than Fitz (who is a disaster) knows the system? 

With the Jets requiring cost effective players next season because of high priced FA signings like Revis and Fitz, Geno is a smart choice for them to make. Geno allows the Jets to use the young QB's and have them gain the live experience they need. 

Since you don't care about my thoughts and your credibility just why do you quote and neg rep me? You appear very confused in doing that and then making these statements. Easy to see how you can pick Fitz for $12MM. SMH....

Here is a quote from Geno when Fitz was brought back, after saying he hoped to get a chance to audition for 31 other teams for 2017: 

"There are a lot of things I have to put on tape for a lot of people," he said.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-geno-smith-ryan-fitzpatrick-auditioning-31-other-teams-next-season-072916

Anything else you need me to explain or google for you? Geno won't be a Jet in 2017. I'd bet on that. 

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Here is a quote from Geno when Fitz was brought back, after saying he hoped to get a chance to audition for 31 other teams for 2017: 

"There are a lot of things I have to put on tape for a lot of people," he said.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-geno-smith-ryan-fitzpatrick-auditioning-31-other-teams-next-season-072916

Anything else you need me to explain or google for you? Geno won't be a Jet in 2017. I'd bet on that. 

Again, please show me where he said he does not desire to be here? Maybe it is just your hatred of Geno that allows you to post such inanity.

You really should spend your time better than searching websites for meaningless drivel. It makes good business sense for the Jets to sign Geno if he comes back at a reasonable price. This case knowing he is clearly the back up and due to injury will not take many reps from the younger QB's vying for the starting job.

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Again, please show me where he said he does not desire to be here? Maybe it is just your hatred of Geno that allows you to post such inanity.

You really should spend your time better than searching websites for meaningless drivel. It makes good business sense for the Jets to sign Geno if he comes back at a reasonable price. This case knowing he is clearly the back up and due to injury will not take many reps from the younger QB's vying for the starting job.

Read between the lines. He doesn't want to be a Jet. I'm sorry you're not able to grasp what's evident right in front of you. He's not coming back. I think that you know that and you're just being argumentative. You can't honestly think Geno is coming back to the Jets on the cheap to be a backup QB to one of the young guys. That makes no sense for him. He doesn't want to be a backup and he'll go to a place that's beneficial for him to have a chance at starting. That's not here. Just admit it and move on. 

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

To me he is a low cost option. He knows the system. His contract should not be that much for the Jets due to the injury and performance statistics. Regardless of whom is to blame. Geno will not be the starter as he may not be ready for TC. Why sign another vet back up QB? He will not know the system and may cost more. 

The Jets owe Revis AND Fitz next year. Those payments have to be made up in savings for lower cost alternatives elsewhere. The GM has to produce a TEAM. That is different than the collection of players we currently have. Starting 4 DT's with a 3/4 LB'ing corps is just dumb. Drafting the BPA is a great thing if the player fits within the scheme.

Fitz is NOT an option. Not even as a back up IMO. He may have heart and smarts but his arm and age  makes too much of a deficit to overcome.

Player get paid to learn new systems. I put zero stock in him knowing it offering us value when juxtaposed by how bad he is. Better to just find a new #3 QB.

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bye, bye Revis. If Macc doesn't cut him in the offseason, I'll have real questions about where he's taking ou Jets, that I can tell you. Eat the 6 million & get someone in here that will stick their head in there & try to force some turnovers. 

Basically Revis just said, "hey, I use to be great, I'm not anymore but it's not my fault some idiot gave me 17 million dollars because of my past reputation". Only the freaking Jets.

He is a goner no question. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Player get paid to learn new systems. I put zero stock in him knowing it offering us value when juxtaposed by how bad he is. Better to just find a new #3 QB.

Just who would that be?

At what cost?

How many snaps would he take from the 2 young QB's who have never played to this date?

How long would it take for unknown QB to learn the system in case of injury?

How do those very serious issue equate to a better business value than Geno?

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Read between the lines. He doesn't want to be a Jet. I'm sorry you're not able to grasp what's evident right in front of you. He's not coming back. I think that you know that and you're just being argumentative. You can't honestly think Geno is coming back to the Jets on the cheap to be a backup QB to one of the young guys. That makes no sense for him. He doesn't want to be a backup and he'll go to a place that's beneficial for him to have a chance at starting. That's not here. Just admit it and move on. 

Last cycle here as this should have its own thread.

The injury changes the circumstances surrounding Geno. He may have less of a chance starting or even signing anywhere in the NFL. Without the injury he may have walked.

i really don't see the Jets drafting another young QB and also getting another vet in here. 4 QB's is a lot. Geno is a good value play and something an intelligent GM would consider after signing Fitz to a $12MM contract at the behest of fans like you.

This game is about winning.

You win with smart cap management 

having the right players for your schemes

player development

good coaching among other things. 

cutting your losses quickly. 

It was pretty apparent last year that Revis was done as a tier 1 corner, but its crazy to see so many turn on him. People pretty much begged to have him back and the move was made for business purposes last year and it worked. It was a party when he re-signed with the team. Everyone should have known the risk. Hell be gone next year or back at a much lower number and probably a different position in 2017.

j

22 hours ago, AFJF said:

This

I dont understand what "Geno criticism was mostly targeted towards the morons that blazed the trail of unconscionable stupidity on his behalf" actually means.

Nobody really gives a shizum about a player's "body of work."  Like in most jobs, all that a boss should really care about is what have you done for me lately.

14 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Just who would that be?

At what cost?

How many snaps would he take from the 2 young QB's who have never played to this date?

How long would it take for unknown QB to learn the system in case of injury?

How do those very serious issue equate to a better business value than Geno?

Geno will cost more contractually than a normal 3rd string QB, because he and his agent will value him as a borderline starter who didn't get a fair shot. This therefore invalidates your other points, unfortunately.

You don't pay a #3 more than your two draft picks at #1and #2.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno will cost more contractually than a normal 3rd string QB, because he and his agent will value him as a borderline starter who didn't get a fair shot. This therefore invalidates your other points, unfortunately.

You don't pay a #3 more than your two draft picks at #1and #2.

....really? With a bum knee and possibly not ready for TC?

28 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

....really? With a bum knee and possibly not ready for TC?

Yes, I think so. I could be wrong, and you've made good points. I just don't see it the same way. I think, based on history, Geno thinks he's better than being a #3 regardless of coming off an injury (which, lets face it, is a routine injury in the NFL now). He's not going to take #3 money. He's going to want more, especially with the Jets, because again - based on history - he feels he's been slighted here. He's made that clear.

Anyway, it's the #3 QB, in the grand scheme of things... I hope we never have to see the #3 play. Ever. 

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, I think so. I could be wrong, and you've made good points. I just don't see it the same way. I think, based on history, Geno thinks he's better than being a #3 regardless of coming off an injury (which, lets face it, is a routine injury in the NFL now). He's not going to take #3 money. He's going to want more, especially with the Jets, because again - based on history - he feels he's been slighted here. He's made that clear.

Anyway, it's the #3 QB, in the grand scheme of things... I hope we never have to see the #3 play. Ever. 

With the history this GM has Geno may get top dollar. The Jets out bid themselves?. Geno's agent knows this.

Archived