The Jets should be the Cubs of the NFL

UnitedWhofans

And yet we are not treated as such. And that really pisses me off. Instead of being showered with love and sympathy from other team's fans, we are laughed at and hated. Why? Why is it like that?

This loss today was a Cubs-like loss where the team trips itself up. But where is the love and sympathy?

Lots of Jets fans are too stupid and impatient to allow for this.  Theo Epstein had a 5 year plan.  The Jets need a 5 year plan in place.  They are 4 years at least from competing for an AFCE title.

But the dumbasses around here will be "STB"ing the second free agency starts.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

So why cant we be the "lovable losers"? Please. if we have to lose, I would at least like to lose without the vitriol

if fan and media perception matters this much to you, pick another NFL team, it will never ever never ever change

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And yet we are not treated as such. And that really pisses me off. Instead of being showered with love and sympathy from other team's fans, we are laughed at and hated. Why? Why is it like that?

This loss today was a Cubs-like loss where the team trips itself up. But where is the love and sympathy?

Well as far as the Cubs go the Jets are halfway there. I won't make for the whole 108 year trek so I may as well give up now.

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Lots of Jets fans are too stupid and impatient to allow for this.  Theo Epstein had a 5 year plan.  The Jets need a 5 year plan in place.  They are 4 years at least from competing for an AFCE title.

But the dumbasses around here will be "STB"ing the second free agency starts.

Theo can draft! 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Detroit Lions and a few other franchises disagree.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You pollute every game thread with dozens of sh*tposts blaming Jets fans for every dumbass move the franchise makes, so forgive me if this rings a little hollow.

14 hours ago, Larz said:

oh, and we put up billboards demanding the coach be fired and the owner does it

Yes. And it has been the problem with the Jets since the beginning. The feeling of inferiority leads to owners serving their small fanbase to keep attendance up, thus splashes and wacky moves to win in the press

12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

You pollute every game thread with dozens of sh*tposts blaming Jets fans for every dumbass move the franchise makes, so forgive me if this rings a little hollow.

Nah.  This is the week everyone listens to him.

15 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So why cant we be the "lovable losers"? Please. if we have to lose, I would at least like to lose without the vitriol

How many Cubs message boards do you post on/read?  What have they been saying about the team for the last 20 years?

Archived