Everybody relax

RPoling720

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, good gthings take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate. The coach is over .500 with our Jets. He took a bad team and won 10 games in his first year. He comes from a good coaching tree and has NFL playing experience. 25 games (13-12) isn't long enough to decide on anyone. You never know what you have unless you give it time. After another year or two we can discuss it. You become the Cleveland Browns when you consistently blow it up and start over and it gets you nowhere. You are never going to catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a new coach every year, impossible. The fire everybody and start over cries at the first sign of trouble is the absolute worst way to run a franchise. At the first sign of trouble you need to stay the course, come together, weather the storm and get through it, and learn your lessons and build and become stronger together with the familiar faces and team. Patience is how it is done. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RPoling720 said:

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management.

The problem is we don't have coherent management from Bowles. He gives consistency only in his lack of knowledge of what his own OC is doing. I agree that changing coaches is not always good, but in this case it is the best thing that could happen. Other than Bowles being clueless and Gailey developing play calling Alsheimer's I am completely relaxed.

I actually have no beef with Gailey but I do have some win Bowles. Gailey with the most inconsistent and inaccurate starting QB in the league can put together 10 play 85 yard field goal achieving drives.  That falls on Fitz. 

Bowles is losing the team. He has to move on from Fitz bite the bullet and say this is for the future not the worthless vets that drag the team down. We have good young receivers, a good dline and a young improving linebacker corp. hold the vets that have dragged this season down accountable and say it's time for Petty.

I cant only use 25 games to give up on a coach and GM. The players need to be changed way before management does. Today, the players completly ruined the game with the kickoff penalty and touchdown. 25 games with a WINNING record is not enough for me to want to change coaches AGAIN and start over. Once they hire a new coach its back to square one and the bottom of the barrel. It isn't the solution.

Just now, kdels62 said:

I actually have no beef with Gailey but I do have some win Bowles. Gailey with the most inconsistent and inaccurate starting QB in the league can put together 10 play 85 yard field goal achieving drives.  That falls on Fitz. 

Bowles is losing the team. He has to move on from Fitz bite the bullet and say this is for the future not the worthless vets that drag the team down. We have good young receivers, a good dline and a young improving linebacker corp. hold the vets that have dragged this season down accountable and say it's time for Petty.

So why is it that we get 9 yards on two runs, then turn to the inconsistent and inaccurate QB to pick up 3rd and 1 through the air?

9 minutes ago, RPoling720 said:

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, things take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate.

I don't want to fire the GM. Just the coach.

3 minutes ago, RPoling720 said:

I cant only use 25 games to give up on a coach and GM. The players need to be changed way before management does. Today, the players completly ruined the game with the kickoff penalty and touchdown. 25 games with a WINNING record is not enough for me to want to change coaches AGAIN and start over. Once they hire a new coach its back to square one and the bottom of the barrel. It isn't the solution.

Good post. Patience is a virtue. You have to have a plan and believe in it. 

the scout GM has not been good a getting players, the defensive coach who played safety has the worst pas defense in the NFL and the OC decided not to fix the throwing mechanics of his 21 year old QB with a "golden arm" according to even his harshest critics

flush the whole lot of 'em

Just now, RoadFan said:

I don't want to fire the GM. Just the coach.

Ok. Who is your replacement?  

And you do realize by changing the coach means changing the systems you developed the past 18 months. 

Yes it's been a sh*tty season. But you don't become irrational over 1 sh*tty season in a HC & GM 2nd season. A regime that can not be held accountable for the previous 40 out of 47 miserable seasons.

I have to echo the sentiment that the offensive coordinator and the GM should be retained.  It's the head coach.  He needs to go.  A team retains the identity of its HC.  What's the identity of this team?  Do they have one?  My answer is no.  They don't play with a sense of urgency or fire.  They're complacent.  

Just now, C Mart said:

Ok. Who is your replacement?  

And you do realize by changing the coach means changing the systems you developed the past 18 months. 

Yes it's been a sh*tty season. But you don't become irrational over 1 sh*tty season in a HC & GM 2nd season. A regime that can not be held accountable for the previous 40 out of 47 miserable seasons.

You're respected.  Do you even read my posts?  Seriously.  Don't you know where I am on this franchise by now? Don't you know my opinion on how they should fix this, and how long I expect it to take?

Just now, RoadFan said:

You're respected.  Do you even read my posts?  Seriously.  Don't you know where I am on this franchise by now? Don't you know my opinion on how they should fix this, and how long I expect it to take?

Sorry. I'm not. Don't come in here everyday. I learned it's not good for my health. ?

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

So your saying we should have stuck with Rex?   

Rex had enough time (5 seasons) to show that he wasn't the answer. Bowles has had 25 games and a 13-12 record, not enough time at all to determine if he should be retained or not.

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Sorry. I'm not. Don't come in here everyday. I learned it's not good for my health. ?

OK.  I'll rehash... again.

I believe this franchise needs a full rebuild from the ground up with a plan in place for the 2020 season and beyond, to have a team ready to own the AFCE when Brady retires. 

I believe the fans, and franchise, need to show patience and expect lots of losing.  Losing is better at this juncture and I hope for about 3 years of terrible records before the arrow begins to point up. This team has no O-Line, the Cowboys and Raiders needed several years to build theirs. That's what it takes.

The DL is overpaid and overrated except for Leo.  The LBs are below average. The  secondary is a complete mess.  Not one good player in the lot.

I believe the Jets should dump most of the overpaid veterans and begin a youth movement like the Browns have. The only future positives I see are Leo and the young WRs.  Set up a young team that plays hard and still loses.

The Jets probably don't have a QB on the roster, but I am frustrated we haven't even gotten a glimpse of whether that is true.  I am angry that the Jets might not start Petty next week and instead decide  to make his first game vs. NE.  A notion I strongly disagree with.

I am adamantly against all free agency splurging for 3 years...at least.  I am actually against it period.  No "STB" crap whatsoever.  The Jets should bargain shop only for some versatile, veteran O-Lineman to hold the fort for whatever young QB is on the field.  Draft OL, an explosive receiving RB in the 3rd or 4th round or so to help him as well with a safe checkdown option like Wentz has with Sproles.  Draft.  Draft.  More drafting.  That's it.

As for Bowles, I have seen too many illogical and indefensible decisions.  I am a math person, not a mindless sheep.  Bowles has zero balls, zero ability to think outside the box, doesnt learn from his mistakes and even worse tries to defend them, is not involved in the offense, and has shown zero ability to make adjustments. As far as I am concerned, he has coached horribly in every game since week 17 in Buffalo. 

Continuity is a good concept, but only if the right person is in place.

My opinion in a nutshell.  Questions?

20 minutes ago, RPoling720 said:

Rex had enough time (5 seasons) to show that he wasn't the answer. Bowles has had 25 games and a 13-12 record, not enough time at all to determine if he should be retained or not.

Rex made 2 AFC Championship games Bowles cant even sniff the playoffs. 

I'm not ready to give up on Bowles.  He might be a good HC that's stuck in a bad spot with a bad QB...and doesn't see a better option.

Petty may suck and Fitz is the better option.  The Jets defense hasn't been good, but it's a league designed to score points and they don't have the most important piece in that puzzle.

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

OK.  I'll rehash... again.

I believe this franchise needs a full rebuild from the ground up with a plan in place for the 2020 season and beyond, to have a team ready to own the AFCE when Brady retires. 

I believe the fans, and franchise, need to show patience and expect lots of losing.  Losing is better at this juncture and I hope for about 3 years of terrible records before the arrow begins to point up. This team has no O-Line, the Cowboys and Raiders needed several years to build theirs. That's what it takes.

The DL is overpaid and overrated except for Leo.  The LBs are below average. The  secondary is a complete mess.  Not one good player in the lot.

I believe the Jets should dump most of the overpaid veterans and begin a youth movement like the Browns have. The only future positives I see are Leo and the young WRs.  Set up a young team that plays hard and still loses.

The Jets probably don't have a QB on the roster, but I am frustrated we haven't even gotten a glimpse of whether that is true.  I am angry that the Jets might not start Petty next week and instead decide  to make his first game vs. NE.  A notion I strongly disagree with.

I am adamantly against all free agency splurging for 3 years...at least.  I am actually against it period.  No "STB" crap whatsoever.  The Jets should bargain shop only for some versatile, veteran O-Lineman to hold the fort for whatever young QB is on the field.  Draft OL, an explosive receiving RB in the 3rd or 4th round or so to help him as well with a safe checkdown option like Wentz has with Sproles.  Draft.  Draft.  More drafting.  That's it.

As for Bowles, I have seen too many illogical and indefensible decisions.  I am a math person, not a mindless sheep.  Bowles has zero balls, zero ability to think outside the box, doesnt learn from his mistakes and even worse tries to defend them, is not involved in the offense, and has shown zero ability to make adjustments. As far as I am concerned, he has coached horribly in every game since week 17 in Buffalo. 

Continuity is a good concept, but only if the right person is in place.

My opinion in a nutshell.  Questions?

Not at all. No objection. We'll see Petty before too long. As for Hackenburg let him redshirt. Don't feed him to the wolves. Jets have ruined enough QBs that way. Next season play him. 

Your plan is good. But I seriously doubt Woody would sign off on it. As for Bowles. He won 10 last yr and the team looked and played much better than they have this season-no matter the schedule.  They were disciplined last season and weren't making all these stupid mistakes. They also appeared to have team chemistry.  Haven't sensed that this season since the KC debacle.  

I don't know what the problem is this season. But it's obvious something isn't right behind the scenes in Florham Park. The Fitz contract/missing all offseason and walking in as starting QB? Mo Wilk contract? Revis waiting 3 months before having surgery thus missing OTAs? The constant Sheldon absences? The daily Marshall sermons?  Something ain't right.  

So IMO Bowles should at least get '17 to right it.  

Plenty of coaches had a rough go early on in their careers, learned and turned it around.  Doesn't mean Bowles will but should be given another season

But that's me  

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not ready to give up on Bowles.  He might be a good HC that's stuck in a bad spot with a bad QB...and doesn't see a better option.

Petty may suck and Fitz is the better option.  The Jets defense hasn't been good, but it's a league designed to score points and they don't have the most important piece in that puzzle.

Wake up!  Bowles is billed as a defensive genius and his defense sux.    

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not at all. No objection. We'll see Petty before too long. As for Hackenburg let him redshirt. Don't feed him to the wolves. Jets have ruined enough QBs that way. Next season play him. 

Your plan is good. But I seriously doubt Woody would sign off on it. As for Bowles. He won 10 last yr and the team looked and played much better than they have this season-no matter the schedule.  They were disciplined last season and weren't making all these stupid mistakes. They also appeared to have team chemistry.  Haven't sensed that this season since the KC debacle.  

I don't know what the problem is this season. But it's obvious something isn't right behind the scenes in Florham Park. The Fitz contract/missing all offseason and walking in as starting QB? Mo Wilk contract? Revis waiting 3 months before having surgery thus missing OTAs? The constant Sheldon absences? The daily Marshall sermons?  Something ain't right.  

So IMO Bowles should at least get '17 to right it.  

Plenty of coaches had a rough go early on in their careers, learned and turned it around.  Doesn't mean Bowles will but should be given another season

But that's me  

FTR, I do not believe Hack should see the field this season.  Only Petty.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok fair enough but other rookies are seeing the field if this kid wasnt good enough then why did Macc waste a 2nd round pick on him. 

Just stop. You know QB is the most difficult and important position on the field. Nothing wrong with baking a year. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok fair enough but other rookies are seeing the field if this kid wasnt good enough then why did Macc waste a 2nd round pick on him. 

I can't answer that question.  I wouldn't have touched him until round 5 or later.

The only thing that is relevant now is that Petty is almost certainly more ready to play than Hack.  Petty might provide a spark, especially the young WRs if he starts throwing them TD passes and opens up the deep ball, and in turn the rest of the team might follow.  Hack is likely to cause even more apathy in this mess of a roster with division and bad attitudes .

1 hour ago, RPoling720 said:

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, good gthings take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate. The coach is over .500 with our Jets. He took a bad team and won 10 games in his first year. He comes from a good coaching tree and has NFL playing experience. 25 games (13-12) isn't long enough to decide on anyone. You never know what you have unless you give it time. After another year or two we can discuss it. You become the Cleveland Browns when you consistently blow it up and start over and it gets you nowhere. You are never going to catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a new coach every year, impossible. The fire everybody and start over cries at the first sign of trouble is the absolute worst way to run a franchise. At the first sign of trouble you need to stay the course, come together, weather the storm and get through it, and learn your lessons and build and become stronger together with the familiar faces and team. Patience is how it is done. 

1 hour ago, RPoling720 said:

I agree, slow and steady wins the race. Though at this point I would probably switch to Petty given that today ended any real chance of a playoff run. 

Archived