I will be selling my pats tickets yep I am going to be that guy

kmnj

family has had seats since inception.

I own a bunch of psls

I am going to sell my pats tickets and hope the stadium is all pats fans-I suspect it will be over 50%. I hope woody enjoys the game looking around at a sea of aholes from boston as they cheer on a real team

I have zero guilt doing this either-going back to my early childhood I have attended near 400 jet games when you figure in my numerous road trips. I was that tiny kid that could barely walk cheering on the team-now I am selling my  home tickets to the enemy as I cant stand to watch them and hopes that woody at least for a day sees just how bad things are

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In years past I would feel strongly that the OP is about to do a very bad and wrong thing.  This year, after the last several years of disappointment, and recognizing the thinking behind the OP?  Well, you do what you think is best, and I understand the thinking.

I would add as a caution that it's possible the Jets will be playing Petty in that situation, and it would be somewhat unfortunate for a home game to turn into what in effect is worse than a road game, meaning a hostile crowd in your home stadium.  Having said that, it's the reality of the situation, and Petty and Hackenberg might as well understand how much work has to be done to bring this franchise back to relevance.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

family has had seats since inception.

I own a bunch of psls

I am going to sell my pats tickets and hope the stadium is all pats fans-I suspect it will be over 50%. I hope woody enjoys the game looking around at a sea of aholes from boston as they cheer on a real team

I have zero guilt doing this either-going back to my early childhood I have attended near 400 jet games when you figure in my numerous road trips. I was that tiny kid that could barely walk cheering on the team-now I am selling my  home tickets to the enemy as I cant stand to watch them and hopes that woody at least for a day sees just how bad things are

This right here is why I hate Jet fans. What are you 12?

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No, hes a guy that has spent thousands of dollars on a team over many many years and he's pissed off.

Sports seems to be the only product on earth where you are expected to hand over all your cash get kicked in the nuts each week and smile and be happy about it because you are a 'fan'.

I'd say people that blindly clap like trained seals week after week in thsio regard are closer to 12 than long time fans finally getting ticked.

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, hes a guy that has spent thousands of dollars on a team over many many years and he's pissed off.

Sports seems to be the only product on earth where you are expected to hand over all your cash get kicked in the nuts each week and smile and be happy about it because you are a 'fan'.

I'd say people that blindly clap like trained seals week after week in thsio regard are closer to 12 than long time fans finally getting ticked.

The team is 3-6 coming off a 10-6 season and the moment times get tough you want to "punish" your team instead of root for them. That's not a fan, that's a petulant child.

34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

talk to  me when you have gone to over 400 games and have spend a few hundred grand on tickets. As a paying customer , I deserve better. It was my choice to pay for these tickets , to buy psls(I dont regret that) and to show up to the games. It is also my right a fan do to what I want with the tickets and when they play the pats what I want to do is sell my seats as I cant bare to watch an organization that wins and has a history of winning (cheating to but that is for another thread) play in our stadium. I hope Mr Johnson attends the game and sees all of the ahole pat fans in his stadium and does what he did a few years back-hire real football people with proven record of winning like he did with Parcells instead of putting his hope in unproven scrubs that fans know are awful.  Our current coach is like watching a hybrid of kotite and herm edwards it is BAD really really bad and just because he is new does not mean he should stay.  In the business world if you are  hired to do a job and come in and show the job is beyond you they dont keep you around for a few years just because you are new.

Selling is my first step. I can see a time in the near future where my house of cards aka jet fandom comes to an end and I dump all of my tickets and psls. I am sure I have spend and spend more that the top 99% of people that have psls and attend games

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The team is 3-6 coming off a 10-6 season and the moment times get tough you want to "punish" your team instead of root for them. That's not a fan, that's a petulant child.

10-6 and failed to make the playoffs that is nothing to get excited about

in 40  years I can count on one hand how many home playoff games I have seen

How can any fan regardless of how much money you spent on PSL's and season tickets go to MetLife and sit there with a smile on your face. 

No way in hell would that be me I've thrown tickets in the fire and I would be doing the same this season. 

Macc,Bowles,Rodgers,Gailey,Fitzpatrick NO THANKS 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

How can any fan regardless of how much money you spent on PSL's and season tickets go to MetLife and sit there with a smile on your face. 

No way in hell would that be me I've thrown tickets in the fire and I would be doing the same this season. 

Macc,Bowles,Rodgers,Gailey,Fitzpatrick NO THANKS 

the reason I have done it for so long is because I go with my family and it is a bond I have shared with my father since I was a tiny kid

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLO  The moment times get tough.  Know who the worst fans are?  The happy happy joyjoy fans.  They don't really care about the team, how they perform or if they will eve win a championship.  They simply don't.

You're pretty arrogant lecturing the guy who started this thread because of how long he has been a fan and what he has invested in this team.

Just now, kmnj said:

the reason I have done it for so long is because I go with my family and it is a bond I have shared with my father since I was a tiny kid

I understand I did the same thing with family and friends for years it got the best of me.  The PSL's were the straw that broke the camels back. 

33 minutes ago, kmnj said:

talk to  me when you have gone to over 400 games and have spend a few hundred grand on tickets. As a paying customer , I deserve better. It was my choice to pay for these tickets , to buy psls(I dont regret that) and to show up to the games. It is also my right a fan do to what I want with the tickets and when they play the pats what I want to do is sell my seats as I cant bare to watch an organization that wins and has a history of winning (cheating to but that is for another thread) play in our stadium. I hope Mr Johnson attends the game and sees all of the ahole pat fans in his stadium and does what he did a few years back-hire real football people with proven record of winning like he did with Parcells instead of putting his hope in unproven scrubs that fans know are awful.  Our current coach is like watching a hybrid of kotite and herm edwards it is BAD really really bad and just because he is new does not mean he should stay.  In the business world if you are  hired to do a job and come in and show the job is beyond you they dont keep you around for a few years just because you are new.

Selling is my first step. I can see a time in the near future where my house of cards aka jet fandom comes to an end and I dump all of my tickets and psls. I am sure I have spend and spend more that the top 99% of people that have psls and attend games

good sell, the real fans can fill the stands finally

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice a fellow fan bashing another over his personal choice to not attend games. 

If you are what you consider a real fan this team is in bigger trouble than most thought. 

Rooting for Woody to see Pats fans everywhere? Pleaseeeee, that's not a fan

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Invite her on the ticket invite you gave me Im not interested in partaking in the circus like atmosphere this season. 

joewilly12

Oh, so season ticket holders support levels and cheering enthusiasm only matter when the Jets are winning.

I get it now.  You are a frontrunner.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm going to the Rams game with my 11 year old son and won't be tailgating like usual with friends....

Any place we can go to Tailgate? where everything is already taken care of?

there are few nice local places u can do a brunch at and they shuttle you back and forth to the game so it wipes out the parking nightmare-just a thought

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson needs to see the he needs to see that fans are fed up and trinkets and free pretzels arent going to pacify fans anymore most fans anyway. 

And what happened to the "I am going to be patient and watch the Jets rebuild the right way this time" strategy?  What, you thought it was going to take 2 offseasons and 23 games to make us Super Bowl ready?

SAR I

Archived