Rex still terrible

kevinc855

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh?  The Bills got absolutely hosed last night.  The NFL should be embarrassed how bad the refs ****ed up.  They full on stole a game from the Bills.  

The way Rex handled that game yesterday was 100x better than anything we've ever seen from Todd Bowles.

If Rex had this team, with all this talent, they'd be a lock for the playoffs, 100% guaranteed. 

Yeah, I mean look, as much as people rail on Bowles now, Rex isn't doing anything great with that team in Buffalo. It's the same old team. They're on their way to 7-9 wins. They stink. It was the right move to get ride of him. Even if you think Bowles is a bad coach, that doesn't make Rex a good coach.

We'd be in the same spot with Rex as we are with Bowles.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh?  The Bills got absolute hosed last night.  The NFL should be embarrassed how bad the refs ****ed up.  They full on stole a game from the Bills.  

The way Rex handled that game yesterday was 100x better than anything we've ever seen from Todd Bowles.

If Rex had this team, with all this talent, they'd be a lock for the playoffs, 100% guaranteed. 

That's ridiculous.

Is Rex a QB whisperer or something? He would make sure Fitz doesn't turn the ball over at the rate he's turned it over this year? He would have made sure Antonio Allen wasn't that close to being off sides on Sunday? He would have made sure Nick Folk didn't miss an extra point and get a chip shot FG blocked in week 1?

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

That's ridiculous. Is Rex a QB whisperer or something? He would make sure Fitz doesn't turn the ball over at the rate he's turned it over this year? He would have made sure Antonio Allen wasn't that close to being off sides on Sunday? He would have made sure Nick Folk didn't miss an extra point and get a chip shot FG blocked in week 1?

Rex has turned Tyrod Taylor into one of the most efficient QB's in the NFL.  The team just has been decimated by injuries and doesnt really have a ton of depth or talent. 

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Absolutely loved seeing the two dopes Rex and Rob flipping out on the sidelines.  Another loss, boys.  Get the resumes together.

When I saw REX cursing on the sidelines and then ROB walking in paces behind him I thought..glad they are not here. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rex has turned Tyrod Taylor into one of the most efficient QB's in the NFL.  The team just has been decimated by injuries and doesnt really have a ton of depth or talent. 

Tyrod has come there and played well. It might be safer to say that he was a good player sitting on the bench for a team. I don't think Rex transformed him into anything. He's never shown the ability to do that in his career. I'd give the credit to Taylor and not Rex on that.

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh?  The Bills got absolutely hosed last night.  The NFL should be embarrassed how bad the refs ****ed up.  They full on stole a game from the Bills.  

What?? His defense gave up another 30 point plus game again!! The only thing that made the Bills even look decent is Tryod Taylor turned out to be a pretty decent QB, way better then Fitz. Put Fitz back on the Bills, team is prob 2-7 not 4-5

In the end, each of Rex and Bowles has their strengths and weaknesses:

• Rex is a better defensive technician than Bowles
  • Rex inspires more passion from his players.
  • Bowles (at least last year) is a more stable, mature presence.
  • Bowles at least generally has not interjected his flawed personnel judgment on the team like Rex did.
  • If Rex had Gailey as an OC, and a real GM/Scout and not Tannenbaum/Bradway, the Jets would be better than they are now.

If the Bills were smart they would stay the course with Rex and work on his weaknesses.

The Jets need to do as much as they can to turn Bowles around this year before having to fire him for early onset incompetence.  I am not for early firing of the coach, but if this Jets team does not become more disciplined and better coached by the end of the year, Bowles needs to be replaced.

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

When I saw REX cursing on the sidelines and then ROB walking in paces behind him I thought..glad they are not here. 

Rex just can't help being the star of the sideshow.  Seeing him tell Sherman to "fuk off" brought back lots of bad memories of Rex being baited and out coached.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh?  The Bills got absolute hosed last night.  The NFL should be embarrassed how bad the refs ****ed up.  They full on stole a game from the Bills.  

No matter how bad it got - even with the sh*t he had for a roster his final 2-3 years, our defense was never as bad as it is currently. 

His final year here, we went up against something like 3 HoF QBs and 7 Pro Bowl QBs overall in the first 9 games, and it was still never this bad. 

I'm not going to sit here and say we should have kept Rex. That ship had sailed, and he needed to go. However, it's now plain as day that we got worse with that move; not better.

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

No matter how bad it got - even with the sh*t he had for a roster his final 2-3 years, our defense was never as bad as it is currently. 

His final year here, we went up against something like 3 HoF QBs and 7 Pro Bowl QBs overall in the first 9 games, and it was still never this bad. 

I'm not going to sit here and say we should have kept Rex. That ship had sailed, and he needed to go. However, it's now plain as day that we got worse with that move; not better.

I think we all agree....REX is better than Bowles.  Both appear lost. 

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Tyrod has come there and played well. It might be safer to say that he was a good player sitting on the bench for a team. I don't think Rex transformed him into anything. He's never shown the ability to do that in his career. I'd give the credit to Taylor and not Rex on that.

Actually, he showed you exactly that with numerous players on those teams.  People just chose the narratives they do and that's fine.  But more players had career years who suck under Rex Ryan than I can ever remember from another Jets Head Coach.

Your post is perfect example of the sh*t people come up with when it comes to Rex.  All good. 

Rex sucks, Tyrod Taylor is just good.   That why so many teams were knocking on Tyrod Taylor's door to be there starter. 

Bills absolutely got hosed last night, at least so far as to be in the position to force OT.  Regardless, Tyrod has turned into a very solid QB, having possibly the best game of his career, and if Rex stays, that's the reason he'll be more successful than Bowles, not his sideline antics or Bowles' lackthereof. Again, you've got a QB or you don't. 

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What?? His defense gave up another 30 point plus game again!! The only thing that made the Bills even look decent is Tryod Taylor turned out to be a pretty decent QB, way better then Fitz. Put Fitz back on the Bills, team is prob 2-7 not 4-5

They got robbed of a win.  

Did you watch the game? 

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Refs should have penalized Sherman 15 yards.  Both announcers and the retired ref couldn't believe it wasn't a roughing the kicker call

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

100%.  It was time.  I agree with that. I wish the whole Idzik saga would have panned out differently but I agree his time here had to come to an end.

That said, we've down graded and there isnt a single question about it in my mind. 

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I wish the Jets played like the Bills. The Jets looked like sh*t against the ******* Fins. The Bills could of beat the Seahawks if the refs didn't **** up. 

This Jets team has zero fire or organization. It's depressing. 

Our players aren't even showing up to meetings or walk-throughs.  If Taylor had Marshall, Enunwa and Anderson to throw to he'd be all pro

50 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Team is 4-5 and looks like it will not make the playoffs again. That marks 6 straight seasons he has missed the playoffs. ESPN or CBS is the only question here.

that team is ravaged by injuries and COMPETES.  they got screwed last night, rex has done a GREAT job.  we;'d be contenders if we still had rex.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that team is ravaged by injuries and COMPETES.  they got screwed last night, rex has done a GREAT job.  we;'d be contenders if we still had rex.

I don't think Rex has done a great job, certainly better than Bowles but so is any other HC

I think the reason Woody separated out the GM and HC like he did was to avoid a future situation where coaches are attached to GMs, so as to avoid the Idzik/Rex situation.  So basically if they feel the coach is not doing a good job, they can replace the coach without feeling like they need to replace the GM.  Macc is not really the GM of this team-more like Director of Player Personnel.

The problem is that having them both report to Woody is a bad idea.  Theoretically, the three of them should be in a room planning on what players they are going to bring in and how the team will be coached.  From a roster perspective, other than developmental QBs drafted it is a compete now roster.   The veteran signings/retentions have collapsed, and the team is not good.

Woody needs to bring in a football expert, even if quasi-retired, to bridge the gap between GM and HC.   

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Actually, he showed you exactly that with numerous players on those teams.  People just chose the narratives they do and that's fine.  But more players had career years who suck under Rex Ryan than I can ever remember from another Jets Head Coach.

Your post is perfect example of the sh*t people come up with when it comes to Rex.  All good. 

Rex sucks, Tyrod Taylor is just good.   That why so many teams were knocking on Tyrod Taylor's door to be there starter. 

I never said Rex sucks. I supported Rex until I saw the team fall apart under him. He did a good job coaching a team that was largely built before he got there. As time went on, the team regressed under him as he got more and more power. Even with that, I still don't think Rex sucks. I think he's very average and is romanticized by Jets fans who can't let go of the past and live in the years 2009-2010. It's about building off of that. They never did. Once those players got old, or left, the team fell apart.

I said he never showed he could develop a QB during his time with the Jets. I didn't say anything about any other position.

Who are the players under Rex who suck who played so well for him?

36 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Our players aren't even showing up to meetings or walk-throughs.  If Taylor had Marshall, Enunwa and Anderson to throw to he'd be all pro

He's a defensive guy and his leaders on defense have zero respect for him.  lmfao.

OMG - Taylor with this offense?  Good lord!

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's a defensive guy and his leaders on defense have zero respect for him.  lmfao.

OMG - Taylor with this offense?  Good lord!

Taylor looks like a legit QB in this league assuming he can stay healthy for a full season.

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I never said Rex sucks. I supported Rex until I saw the team fall apart under him. He did a good job coaching a team that was largely built before he got there. As time went on, the team regressed under him as he got more and more power. Even with that, I still don't think Rex sucks. I think he's very average and is romanticized by Jets fans who can't let go of the past and live in the years 2009-2010. It's about building off of that. They never did. Once those players got old, or left, the team fell apart.

I said he never showed he could develop a QB during his time with the Jets. I didn't say anything about any other position.

Who are the players under Rex who suck who played so well for him?

Well, he led Mark Sanchez to 4 playoff wins - that's proven to be one of the great coaching achievements in the history of Football. ;-)

Rex and Tanny's biggest down fall was they missed on draft picks that were supposed to replace aging vets.  It happens to teams.  Teams that dont have a QB, it hurts.  Teams that do have a QB, can make up for it.  Unfortunately for the Jets, they thought they had a Qb and had so many terrible contracts they couldnt help themselves any other way and when they failed in the draft or traded away picks, it killed the immediate future of the team after 2010.

Players who had career years under Rex Ryan that have failed to duplicate success or players who found themselves under Rex are as follows: Darrelle Revis, Mike DeVito, Sionne Pouha, Shonn Greene, Jamal Westerman, Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Mark Sanchez, Brad Smith, David Harris, Damon Harrison, Mo Wilk, Sheldon Richardson, Dustin Keller, Antonio Cromartie, Marcus Dixon, Howard Green, Matt Slauson, Austin Howard, Josh Mauga, Marquice Cole, Drew Coleman, Calvin Pace, James Ihedigbo, Bryan Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Donald Strickland, Nick Ballore, Ropati Pitouta, Aaron Maybin, Kenrick Ellis, Jeremy Kerley.

Just to name a few.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Refs are scripting the games with the calls they make. Its bizarre, I feel like I could almost predict the flag before they throw them. It's totally disgusting.  

Bills played hard and with heart. Hard to do anything when Jimmy Graham had his coming out party catching two one handed touchdowns as he holds hands with the Bills defender. Sick! If he is 100% healthy and he and  Wilson continue  to develop chemistry Hawks gonna be a tough out for anyone.

Yet gotta be impressed with the Bills taking care of the ball.  Wouldnt count the Bils out just yet. Put Rex and Tyrod on this team and Jets are in the post season.  

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Perhaps, but the Bills play with a lot more heart than the Jets.  

The Bills got screwed royally on that non roughing the kicker penalty. That was a penalty bigger than all outdoors, and screams for the NFL to end this way of hiring officials. Calvin Pryor got an unsportsmanlike penalty for brushing off his chest and snapping suspenders. In Oakland the punter goes off the field "riding a horse (Bronco)" and no call. Inconsistency is one thing that would be virtually eliminated if the NFL had full time referees. I don't understand how that play was NOT roughing the kicker when Sherman flew right into him and got no part of the ball. Shows how little some teams and coaches  -  and Rex is among them - that get no respect from the so called "professional" NFL referees.

Archived