Decker's Insulting Comments

David Harris

Injured Jets WR Eric Decker said it's not time for Bryce Petty, and he believes other players agree. "I don't think that's the right decision," he said. "That's why Coach is keeping Ryan (Fitzpatrick) in there and I would think a lot of guys feel the same way as well. ... You can't just throw the towel in and say, 'OK, all right, let's get ready for next year.' As a competitor, that's not how you think, that's not how you operate. Going to work each day with that kind of mentality, why even go to work?"

------------------------------

Loyal guys are usually good to have. Except when their loyalties throw shade at a young QB who will most likely start within the next couple of weeks. Petty's now been undermined. A locker room leader is making clear that it means you have given up on the season if Petty plays i.e. Bryce Petty sucks - like Decker's thinks he could end up with the worst QBR in the NFL if he became the starter....replacing some other QB that's currently has that distinction.

But "why even go to work" if Bryce Petty is your QB - funny statement from a guy who isn't working the rest of the season due to injury and is getting $8 million dollars to do one thing - shut your mouth and play football.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  

Decker, as much as we may not like it, is probably right.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  

I see no difference between forfeiting the season by playing the worst quarterback in the NFL or playing probably the second worst quarterback in the NFL. Regardless at least we get to see a different flavor of total and complete failure.

You see Eric, I see different. I believe we make the change TO WIN games. I haven't quit on the season, but Fitz leads the league in INT's and is missing key throws each game. I don't see how Fitz gives you the best shot to win with his play. Bryce Petty deserves the LA game, heck if he stinks it up, you can always go back to Fitz.

Much ado about nothing, decker like all players and all WRs will boost the guy they have had success with.  He didn;t say Petty was a scrubby bum, he just said they should not throw in the towel.  Petty comes in and has a couple good games and he'll be loving him.  As long as the jets have a shot at the playoffs fitz will be in there barring injury, once they are out the jets would be fools to not play their other guys, 

Decker has no choice.  He and Marshall (and Mangold) carried Fitz's water all off season.  He can't change his tune now, can he?

I am disappointed in him though, opening his big mouth while he's out for the rest of the season.  Is he watching the tape?  Fitz is a one read unaccurate QB this year.  What sort  or towel does Decker think there still is?  

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I see no difference between forfeiting the season by playing the worst quarterback in the NFL or playing probably the second worst quarterback in the NFL. Regardless at least we get to see a different flavor of total and complete failure.

I understand that. Agree with it too. That said, the guys in that locker room know what a permanent change means.  Most of them probably don't want that.

What Decker said there is bull sh*t. Giving the keys to petty does not mean you are throwing the season away.  For all we know he can come in and little the sh*t up and possibly save the season.  Decker and fitz are buddies so he does not want to throw his man under the bus.  Yes I have never played organize professional sports.  But the statement stinks.  Fitzpatrick is not good period...

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Except fans that want a higher draft choice..;)

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ok...

Did Parcells forfiet the season when he went from Mirer to ST player Ray Lucas???

Did Herm Edwards forfeit the season when he went from Vinnie to Chad???????

No..............

The HC is responsible to say to his players I will put the players out there who are the best and I will sit down anybody who is performing below the other competitive players at your position!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok...

Did Parcells forfiet the season when he went from Mirer to ST player Ray Lucas???

No..............

The HC is responsible to say to his players I will put the players out there who are the best and I will sit down anybody who is performing below the other competitive players at your position!!!

In a sense Todd Bowles is saying we suck at the QB position and we have guys who suck more on the bench at the QB position. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

In a sense Todd Bowles is saying we suck at the QB position and we have guys who suck more on the bench at the QB position. 

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

Then why are these guys on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, JohnnyHector said:

Let me guess, you played short-season Single-A minor league baseball?

Lmfao, no. 

I'm not going to get into a d*ck measuring contest over what I played, although I've mentioned what sport and position/level here multiple times so if you want to sort through my posts be my guest.  It's not going to make anything I said not true.  The only idiots that are okay with forfeiting games for a draft pick, or playing roulette with the most important position in sports, are fans.

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok...

No..............

You could make the argument that Ray Lucas was a better/more talented player than Petty and Chad was a first round pick deemed the future of the franchise. 

I love ya Charlie, but gonna disagree with you on this one.  I want Petty in, but something tells me that those preseason games are a distant memory right now and it's showing in practice.  Either that or Bryce is still hurt...which is no bueno.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Gotta agree. Even though it kills me to say this sh*tz is probably going to start the rest of the season. Unless his knee is more banged up than their letting on.

57 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You see Eric, I see different. I believe we make the change TO WIN games. I haven't quit on the season, but Fitz leads the league in INT's and is missing key throws each game. I don't see how Fitz gives you the best shot to win with his play. Bryce Petty deserves the LA game, heck if he stinks it up, you can always go back to Fitz.

Perfect response to Mister "I've done nothing" Decker. What has he (Decker) done here anyway, besides get hurt on every other play? Where are his rings? Where are our playoff appearances because he cannot be stopped by any CB in the league? I think he is afraid that Petty will light it up and the team will succeed without him and that is why he wants them to play his pal, who is arguably the worst of the 4 QB's on the roster.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I have played and technically still do play organized sports and disagree with Eric Decker. 

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, no. 

I'm not going to get into a d*ck measuring contest over what I played, although I've mentioned what sport and position/level here multiple times so if you want to sort through my posts be my guest.  It's not going to make anything I said not true.  The only idiots that are okay with forfeiting games for a draft pick, or playing roulette with the most important position in sports, are fans.

What about the 76ers

Archived