Clady to IR, Jarvis Jenkins Waived

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.  This is worse than i even thought.

Clady was worth the try given his comp and where we were without Brick.  But then again, the Jets gave up a draft pick because they thought they were otherwise a playoff win now team.  That was the ulimate miscalculation.  Paying for Fitz and Clady thinking that they were going to bet you past a murderers row of the NFL's best teams.

Its tough to give up on the season and think you should have in hindsight, but in hindsight those moves backfired and used resources that could been used for the future.

My guess is that Macc saw this coming, but Woody pushed.

Yes-its all Woody's fault.

And on top of all that this is for a position in which we had quality and enough depth.  Just a throw away of money and a compensatory pick.

As for Clady who didn't see this coming.  As some if us said during all of those anti D'Brick threads, a guy that doesn;t miss a snap for 10 years has great value even if his play falls off a bit.  We will be looking for a LT for the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

And on top of all that this is for a position in which we had quality and enough depth.  Just a throw away of money and a compensatory pick.

As for Clady who didn't see this coming.  As some if us said during all of those anti D'Brick threads, a guy that doesn;t miss a snap for 10 years has great value even if his play falls off a bit.  We will be looking for a LT for the next 5 years.

Not a comp pick. That has been disproven for the moment, based on player's value.

But that was 1 of the two Macc mistakes that can be questioned not in hindsight

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not a comp pick. That has been disproven for the moment, based on player's value.

You will have to point me to the dis proven bit.  The jets will likley get no comp picks next year and we lost some substantial players.  People were questioning these moves when it happened and this one, giving 3 mill to a journeyman that had been trashed by previous teams he was with flys in the face of your mantra that we are rebuilding.

In the end results are all that matter and if the GM screws up enough he is doing a bad job. no matter what excuses you trot out.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You will have to point me to the dis proven bit.  The jets will likley get no comp picks next year and we lost some substantial players.  People were questioning these moves when it happened and this one, giving 3 mill to a journeyman that had been trashed by previous teams he was with flys in the face of your mantra that we are rebuilding.

In the end results are all that matter and if the GM screws up enough he is doing a bad job. no matter what excuses you trot out.

Likely, being the key word.

I said that the Jenkins move was a mistake. 1 of 2 that could be questioned at the time.

Signing Fitz: Media and Fans wanted that

Signing Mo: Media and Fans wanted that.

It's like this election. If you voted for Trump and complain afterwards, why didn;t you vote for someone else.

All I know is that if Macc fails, then Woody is going to go back to the old way of doing things which means bean counter. And I dont think you want a bean counter

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Signing Jenkins was just an absolutely abysmal move. This isn't hindsight, this was said the day he was signed and we lost out on the comp pick. Just mind-boggling decision-making The Clady deal, I'm okay with that one, but the Jenkins' deal was just dreadful. 

I agree

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

incorrect.  Value was enough.  But we had equal number of  qualified FAacquisitions and FA losses so no comp pick.  Take Jenkins out of the equation and we ne a loss of one Qulified FA and thus get a comp pick for Snacks

I was deeply concerned about Bowles, now I'm getting deeply concerned about Maccagnan.

Were any of his offseason moves good?  Lost Brick, lost Ivory, lost Snacks.  Free agent replacements hurt or not cutting it.  None of the young WRs stepping up to fill Decker's shoes.  Lee/Pryor not working.  Petty and Hackenberg [apparently] not qualified to improve the QB position.  Bowles looking like he's lost the locker room.

Someone talk me off the ledge please.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I was deeply concerned about Bowles, now I'm getting deeply concerned about Maccagnan.

Were any of his offseason moves good?  Lost Brick, lost Ivory, lost Snacks.  Free agent replacements hurt or not cutting it.  None of the young WRs stepping up to fill Decker's shoes.  Lee/Pryor not working.  Petty and Hackenberg [apparently] not qualified to improve the QB position.  Bowles looking like he's lost the locker room.

SAR I

Forte to replace Ivory was a great move.  The others... well  not so much.  That should back you up to the wall at least a few more inches from the ledge.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Forte to replace Ivory was a great move.  The others... well  not so much.  That should back you up to the wall at least a few more inches from the ledge.  

Keyshawn to Cimini 15 minutes ago:

"They need to blow that thing up," Johnson said Tuesday on ESPN New York radio. "It's not plug and play. Everybody thinks, 'Oh, we just need a quarterback because we've got Brandon Marshall.' Man, Brandon Marshall is as old as me. His time is coming where he has to leave. [Eric] Decker's time is coming.

"They've got to get young all the way around again and start from the ground up. People gotta have patience."

Johnson said he doesn't advocate firing Maccagnan, but he believes the Jets "have to find" a personnel czar who can overhaul the roster and "turn over every single rock." He's a fan of coach Todd Bowles, but he claimed their inability to develop a quarterback can be blamed on having defensive-minded head coaches like Bowles and Rex Ryan.

"They don't value the other side of the ball," Johnson said.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/64692/keyshawn-johnson-says-jets-need-to-blow-that-thing-up-start-over

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The saga continues............this team is a mess. 

13 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Welp with no Mangold or Clady this week we may get our wish to see Petty by default.  O-Line and secondary need to be our top focuses in the offseason we've held off on the O-Line rebuild too long.  

Yes and no.  We have to resign Winters now., Ijalana and Qvale are serviceable and cheap.  Mangold has one more season.

Left Tackle is not a premium position anymore.  The Seahawks have the worst OL in the NFL they might be going to the Super Bowl.  All the premier pass rushers Rush from the right side today

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"They need to blow that thing up," Johnson said Tuesday on ESPN New York radio. "It's not plug and play. Everybody thinks, 'Oh, we just need a quarterback because we've got Brandon Marshall.' Man, Brandon Marshall is as old as me. His time is coming where he has to leave. [Eric] Decker's time is coming.

"They've got to get young all the way around again and start from the ground up. People gotta have patience."

Johnson said he doesn't advocate firing Maccagnan, but he believes the Jets "have to find" a personnel czar who can overhaul the roster and "turn over every single rock." He's a fan of coach Todd Bowles, but he claimed their inability to develop a quarterback can be blamed on having defensive-minded head coaches like Bowles and Rex Ryan.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/64692/keyshawn-johnson-says-jets-need-to-blow-that-thing-up-start-over

SAR I

Blow it up starting with your boy $hitzpatrick

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He's right

Archived