8 top players in the draft.

joewilly12

28 minutes ago, goober36 said:

Atleast one of those guys will be a top 3 pick because they are quarterbacks. If this draft class had big named QBs, they would be late first round picks at best.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That's the case every year.  That's how Mediocre prospects like Goff and Lynch become first round picks.  Geno friggin Smith would have been a first round pick if he interviewed better

16 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Really?  Kizer and Watson are going 1 & 2 overall.

Teams always reach for QB's.

Both Trubisky, and Mahomes II will get drafted before Watson I will guarantee it, and Kizer will get over drafted, but Trubisky will be first off the board, and then it will be a toss up between Kizer, and Mahomes II for 2nd QB off the board IMO.

Mahomes is the real deal, and the QB yo want.

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We're going to be picking between 5-8.  I want Tim Williams he will be our first real edge rusher since Abe

IF the OT from ND McGinchly declares the Jets better find a way to draft this dude.

Also I prefer D Cook over Fournette.

Peppers I would be ok with if the top OT are not available.

Hell No to Alabama CB Humphrey.

Probably not the best year to be picking in slots 2-5 as the top elite prospects are not that elite IMO, after the DE from Texas A&M the talent drops IMO, typical Jets to pick in the top 10 in a draft like this.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

IF the OT from ND McGinchly declares the Jets better find a way to draft this dude.

Probably not the best year to be picking in slots 2-5 as the top elite prospects are not that elite IMO, after the DE from Texas A&M the talent drops IMO, typical Jets to pick in the top 10 in a draft like this.

This guy Tim Williams is a stud pass rusher.  My only concern is he kills it at the combine and doesn't make it to where we will be picking which is at 5.

if we draft a running back like fournette over Williams I am going to cry

On 11/20/2016 at 7:17 PM, Lupz27 said:

I like Cook over Fournette as well. I think he has the better NFL speed and is more versatile. That's just my take. Both are great RBs. 

I really like McGlinchey as well. If he is projected to go top 10 there is no way he goes back for his senior year. But regardless, I think this will be one of the few drafts where the Jets will have an opportunity to draft the top O-lineman prospect in the draft at their pick in the first round. They should take this opportunity, even if there is another player that may be a bit higher on their board. It's too much of a need with D'Brick retiring, Clady getting hurt (again), Ijalana being a FA, Qvale not solidifying his starting role (partly due to injury), and Mangold getting up there in age. I'm all for taking BPA but you NEVER completely discount your team needs and most GMs do not. If I had to pass on Cook/Fornette or a talented CB, so be it. The top OT in the draft is a pretty great consolation prize.

How about this as the top 4 draft picks for the Jets? I know it's early but looks like a nice group, IMO. :)

Rd. 1:  Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame 

Rd. 2: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida 

Rd. 3: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford 

Rd. 4: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

On 11/22/2016 at 11:54 AM, PepPep said:

I like Cook over Fournette as well. I think he has the better NFL speed and is more versatile. That's just my take. Both are great RBs. 

I really like McGlinchey as well. If he is projected to go top 10 there is no way he goes back for his senior year. But regardless, I think this will be one of the few drafts where the Jets will have an opportunity to draft the top O-lineman prospect in the draft at their pick in the first round. They should take this opportunity, even if there is another player that may be a bit higher on their board. It's too much of a need with D'Brick retiring, Clady getting hurt (again), Ijalana being a FA, Qvale not solidifying his starting role (partly due to injury), and Mangold getting up there in age. I'm all for taking BPA but you NEVER completely discount your team needs and most GMs do not. If I had to pass on Cook/Fornette or a talented CB, so be it. The top OT in the draft is a pretty great consolation prize.

How about this as the top 4 draft picks for the Jets? I know it's early but looks like a nice group, IMO. :)

Rd. 1:  Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame 

Rd. 2: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida 

Rd. 3: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford 

Rd. 4: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

Avoid McGlinchey. I have seen a lot of Notre Dame this year and he is meh

On 11/25/2016 at 0:28 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Avoid McGlinchey. I have seen a lot of Notre Dame this year and he is meh

Fair enough. I have only seen a handful of ND games and he looked good to me. He is rated as one of the top OT prospects in the draft and I really like his ceiling, but maybe not worth taking so high? Maybe someone like Cam Robinson? We will see what things look like once the combine gets under way and we get closer to the draft. For all we know McGlinchey will hold his word and stay for his senior year. All I know is, the Jets need a young blue-chip OT prospect, preferably a plug and play guy. 

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Fair enough. I have only seen a handful of ND games and he looked good to me. He is rated as one of the top OT prospects in the draft and I really like his ceiling, but maybe not worth taking so high? Maybe someone like Cam Robinson? We will see what things look like once the combine gets under way and we get closer to the draft. For all we know McGlinchey will hold his word and stay for his senior year. All I know is, the Jets need a young blue-chip OT prospect, preferably a plug and play guy. 

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be one. Cam Robinson is the top prospect at tackle and he has a couple of questions. If you cant find a need, either draft talent or trade down.

I would like Jabril Peppers as a linebacker and put him next to Darron Lee cutting David Harris

I would target the top OT prospect in the draft even if its a bit of a reach for where we are drafting. From what i have seen so far that is probably the OT out of Alabama Cam Robinson. If we are drafting 5th or 6th that is who I would select, even if its a bit earlier than they project hime going. If we believe he can be the answer at LT for the next 10 years hes well worth the pick.

O-line isn't a flashy pick but that's what wins football games.

5 hours ago, LamarJackson2017 said:

I would target the top OT prospect in the draft even if its a bit of a reach for where we are drafting. From what i have seen so far that is probably the OT out of Alabama Cam Robinson. If we are drafting 5th or 6th that is who I would select, even if its a bit earlier than they project hime going. If we believe he can be the answer at LT for the next 10 years hes well worth the pick.

O-line isn't a flashy pick but that's what wins football games.

You can also trade down to the teens and possibly get one of the top if not THE top OT i the draft. That would be best case scenario, as it would give us an extra 2nd round pick which can be used as ammo to move up or take another player. When's the last time we traded down in the first round to add more draft picks?? 

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

You can also trade down to the teens and possibly get one of the top if not THE top OT i the draft. That would be best case scenario, as it would give us an extra 2nd round pick which can be used as ammo to move up or take another player. When's the last time we traded down in the first round to add more draft picks?? 

the irony here is parcells did it twice in the same round a missed out on a HOF LT because he had the guy in your avatar, lol

On 11/9/2016 at 0:00 PM, joewilly12 said:

DeShaun Watson     QB 

Mitch Trubisky QB 

Teez Tabor  CB 

Marlon Humphrey  CB 

Myles Garrett  DE/OLB 

Tim Williams OLB 

Ryan Ramczyk  OT 

Cam Robinson  OT 

I don't think Watson's even going in rnd 1. He's been exposed this year, in my opinion. There were concerns prior to 2016, and those were reinforced (significantly) this season.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't think Watson's even going in rnd 1. He's been exposed this year, in my opinion. There were concerns prior to 2016, and those were reinforced (significantly) this season.

It all depends on the teams picking with the early picks and how the QB's are going  the Jets might pull the trigger early again if they are forced into a decision. 

Unknown to us is Petty and Hack so right now Watson could be the best QB on our roster if drafted. 

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It all depends on the teams picking with the early picks and how the QB's are going  the Jets might pull the trigger early again if they are forced into a decision. 

Unknown to us is Petty and Hack so right now Watson could be the best QB on our roster if drafted. 

except he's not a good QB. Not sure where your head's at, but i'm kind of bored of taking people to play the position who suck. 

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never said the pick would be Watson I'm referring to the pick being a QB.

I understand, Maybe my initial point wasn't clear... 

My reply to your post about top 8 -- was that Watson is not going to go to anyone in round 1. He may not even go in rounds 2 or 3... At some point he'll end up as someone's Brett Hundley, but I'm speculating the days of Watson being looked as a franchise QB, are over. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My reply to your post about top 8 -- was that Watson is not going to go to anyone in round 1. He may not even go in rounds 2 or 3... At some point he'll end up as someone's Brett Hundley, but I'm speculating the days of Watson being looked as a franchise QB, are over. 

Funny thing Hackenberg was picked in round 2 so you never know some moron GM might think differently.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Funny thing Hackenberg was picked in round 2 so you never know some moron GM might think differently.

Who can say for sure this early. He could go in round 1, he may end up in 4/6... I guess my point was only that Watson no longer in the company of other blue chip prospects. 

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

What you mean by this?

I was actually high on Hundley, and wanted us to take him instead of Petty in the 4th

Archived