Got My NCAA Eligibility Back!

PCP63

Not that anyone here would care, just really excited to finally play football again!

To sum it up nicely:

-Played OL in HS. Sucked pretty badly.

-Torn left ACL junior year, right ACL senior year

-Recruited by no colleges. No D3, NAIA, JUCO, nothing.

-Walked on to D3 team as a 296 pound LG. Was backup JV. Absolutely sucked.

-Had second operation on right knee. Season over.

-Lost 93 pounds, transferred to a D2 school, sat out a year.

-Went into offseason as a 203-pound NT, ended up being the practice squad LB, and still sucking.

-First week of preseason, ended up quitting the team, my biggest regret ever. Thought I was no good, and there was no point in trying.

-Immediately wish I hadn't, and thought my football career was over.

-Dropped out of college for 2 years, depressed, all that good stuff.

-Came back this past year with a new motivation in life.

-Currently 270, but on a strict diet that will have me losing the typical 1lb./week (500 cal deficit/day).

-Still thought my career was over, but stumbled upon an article about a Texas Tech C in his 7th year of eligibility.

-One thing led to another, and I found out that you can extend your five-year clock if you've had two season-ending injuries in college and your senior year of HS (I did), and had my athletic director and compliance officer help me fill out the extension form

-It just got approved! While it's not a glamorous D1 school, and I'll probably still be a backup, I will be a college football player once again next season! Now, the full terms haven't been disclosed. I asked for two years, and hoping they give me both, which would push me into my 8th year of eligibility the 2nd year.

REALLY excited, guys! Gonna be hard as hell to pay the bills (I live on my own, work full-time ATM, and am a full-time student), but I wouldn't give this shot up for ANYTHING.

I hope to go into August at about 230 pounds of solid muscle, with huge improvements in speed and conditioning.

I'm thinking most people would have given up altogether, and the fact that you'll be juggling a full-time job while being matriculated says a lot about character. It's obvious why you got discouraged (who wouldn't), but if for some reason it doesn't work out, give yourself a boatload of credit for not saying die.  It  was refreshing to read something by a millennial that isn't full of self-entitled whining.  Seriously, good luck to you.  

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the situation was misrepresented to me. My initial approval was rescinded. I will not be able to play college football again.

While incredibly heartbroken about that, I'm not going to whine and feel sorry. I will simply find another physical avenue to pursue. I do have a state police physical agility test coming up this summer. Certainly a field where I could possibly utilize my physical prowess. 

I will pick up boxing once again as well.

17 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Unfortunately, the situation was misrepresented to me. My initial approval was rescinded. I will not be able to play college football again.

While incredibly heartbroken about that, I'm not going to whine and feel sorry. I will simply find another physical avenue to pursue. I do have a state police physical agility test coming up this summer. Certainly a field where I could possibly utilize my physical prowess. 

Sorry to hear that but life goes on.  I'm sure you'll do well in whatever career field you choose.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Sorry to hear that but life goes on.  I'm sure you'll do well in whatever career field you choose.

Well, I'm hoping to become a Sheriff and to moonlight as a computer programmer. Odd combination, I know.

On 12/1/2016 at 6:13 PM, PCP63 said:

What happened?

On 12/1/2016 at 6:13 PM, PCP63 said:

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck on your up coming State Police test. Good to see you putting all that training to good use. Let us know how it turns out. 

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What happened?

It was due to grades, unfortunately. When I initially entered college, I messed around too much, and failed some major classes (due to playing hooky). However, my core classes I still passed, which kept me eligible for NCAA sports, even though I didn't have a 2.0 cumulative. I changed my major recently, making those major classes not even really matter in the long term, but I guess there was a secondary review where my previous grades were the deciding factor. 

It sucks that it happened, but at least I tried. I'll at least put out another application next year, but doubt very much I'd be granted an 8th year of eligibility. Besides, by that time, I hope to be in the academy. Service would come first. While I do have the test for the State Police coming up, I'll most likely try to get a county (Sheriff) and city test as well. I would like to become a Sgt. after 5 years. I feel as if it's a career that fits my personality and skills very well. 

Archived