Watch Dan Marino Punt

TuscanyTile2

In college Marino was the backup punter.  In this game their punter got hurt.  They actually brought in a different guy (3rd stringer I guess) to punt a few times but Marino did punt here.  Pretty surprising to see.  Btw, this is some OLD SCHOOL (as in "awesome") college football.

Not college, but I always thought the Randall Cunningham 91 yd punt was awesome. Don't know of a college or pro QB that's broken it. Not an Eagles fan by any stretch, but credit where credit is due.  Cunningham should be in the HOF in my opinion, mostly for gumption. Youfool won't let me post the link because NFL something something. Sorry. As far as longest punt in pro football, I do believe that belongs to the Jets, Steve O'Neal, 1970?  Maybe it was '69. I'm senile, but I'm sure someone can find it. I'm also not a stat hound and never look things up, so there's always that.

7 hours ago, jetophile said:

Not college, but I always thought the Randall Cunningham 91 yd punt was awesome. Don't know of a college or pro QB that's broken it. Not an Eagles fan by any stretch, but credit where credit is due.  Cunningham should be in the HOF in my opinion, mostly for gumption. Youfool won't let me post the link because NFL something something. Sorry. As far as longest punt in pro football, I do believe that belongs to the Jets, Steve O'Neal, 1970?  Maybe it was '69. I'm senile, but I'm sure someone can find it. I'm also not a stat hound and never look things up, so there's always that.

Holy eff - I never really thought about "longest punt" (though I'm sure I would've guessed Randall Cunningham).  Looks like you are correct about Steve O'neal.  Check out the bomb kick and then the bounce after it hits the turf.

Archived