Does anyone still give a crap?

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really..  I was actually going to start a thread like this a couple days ago but didn't give enough of a crap to even do that.

They not only suck but are boring.

I blame Bowles and Fitz.  If we're going to lose might as well do it with young guns and an eye towards the future.  This purgatory they've put themselves in is lame.

Just now, Pac said:

Not really..  I was actually going to start a thread like this a couple days ago but didn't give enough of a crap to even do that.

They not only suck but are boring.

I blame Bowles and Fitz.  If we're going to lose might as well do it with young guns and an eye towards the future.  This purgatory they've put themselves in is lame.

I disagree this is HELL

I care about the franchise.  I don't give a crap if they win another game this season, in fact, I hope they lose every game the rest of the year. 

Well except maybe one win;  Petty balling out and beating the Cheats once would be nice.  Lose the rest.

Young guys get better.  Still lose.  Rebuild. 

I'll still park my ass in front of the games for 3 hours, as I've done all my life. But yeah, not really holding my interest. It couldn't be any more boring. There's literally nothing to be excited about. At least if Petty gets in there, it will be worth evaluating if he's got any future. Every snap taken by Fitz is a complete waste of time that serves not a single purpose.

Let down is a better word for it I think.  I thought after his 2015 performance that Bowles had a makings of a good HC.  Sure he made some boneheaded mistakes but as a rookie I took that in stride.  Now, however, he's turning out to be just the equivalent of "an empty suite".  

( Someone puffed up with his own importance but really having little effect on the lives of others. It is often used as an insult to disparage others who really don’t deserve the title. The true empty suit, which conjures up the image of a business suit of clothing without a person, really doesn’t know what he or she is doing. He or she is ineffectual, perhaps a phony, and is about as relevant or helpful as a suit hanging on a rack.) 

34 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

About watching the Jets?

i just cant seem to give a crap, QB sucks something terrible, three top Defensive players don't seem to give a sh*t. 

Team is out of contention and the sh*tty coach won't play young kids.  

Anyone else?

YES  ...  Im done for the year. 

I care about the future a ton.  But this season is lost.  May actually not watch a few of the upcoming Sundays to do more important things (basically anything else).  

As long as Fitz is QB, we're not prepping for the future.  In fact we're actually hurting the future.  We're ruining the career of a guy like Devin Smith.  

Not to mention the team is setting themselves up for another big rebuild if they continue to allow Bowles to hang himself by making idiotic decisions.  Help him.  Remove the decision making about QB from his plate.  Just like an OC can help a young QB with a simple game plan, Macc has to help Bowles before he's lost.

If the team starts playing for the future, it could be entertaining.  Until then...  hope they crash and burn, phuck 'em (especially Fitz).

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I care about the future a ton.  But this season is lost.  May actually not watch a few of the upcoming Sundays to do more important things (basically anything else).  

As long as Fitz is QB, we're not prepping for the future.  In fact we're actually hurting the future.  We're ruining the career of a guy like Devin Smith.  

Not to mention the team is setting themselves up for another big rebuild if they continue to allow Bowles to hang himself by making idiotic decisions.  Help him.  Remove the decision making about QB from his plate.  Just like an OC can help a young QB with a simple game plan, Macc has to help Bowles before he's lost.

If the team starts playing for the future, it could be entertaining.  Until then...  hope they crash and burn, phuck 'em (especially Fitz).

Well said.... take a bow. 

For you family guys, this should be a golden opportunity.

Do you have kids?  If so, go do something fun.  Hike, paintball, ride ponies...  And if anyone says you're making your kids watch the Jets, I'm referring you to Child Services.

Married?  It doesn't get better than this!  Especially if she doesn't follow football.  Surprise her (or him) and take them out.  Earn brownie points.  

Her:  "What?  Aren't the Jets playing?"

You:  "Babe, you're so much more important than some stupid game."

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

We are one of the most die hard fanbases in the NFL. Of course we do!

Let's go!

BigRy, you are awfully enthusiastic, positive, and pretty rah rah.

You remind me of RayRay (aka Rah Rah) from JI.

Your avatar of Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday is a poor choice.  He was cynical and pensive. 

Perhaps you should change it to that sorority chick from Van Wilder?  "Anything I can do for you today Richard?!?!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb4_MF7eaVTzltqmfRMqi

I'm going hunting tomorrow. I was one who was really pumped this year with the team. As Bowles has said, it's all on him and he takes full responsibility. Its the one thing i actually agree with him on this year. I don't get why he is staying with Fitz. I have to assume that he is totally hands off with the Offense and Fitz is Gaileys man. I'm not a big fan of turning coaches over every couple years but will not be excited nor confident if they are there next year.

The HC coaches like he doesn't care, the OC calls plays like he doesn't care, Kacy Rodgers is so vanilla he can't even get on camera during games, and the players PLAY like they don't care.

but hey..  at least we have professional press conferences, a well liked QB, and aren't a "circus" amirite!!

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I'll still park my ass in front of the games for 3 hours, as I've done all my life. But yeah, not really holding my interest. It couldn't be any more boring. There's literally nothing to be excited about. At least if Petty gets in there, it will be worth evaluating if he's got any future. Every snap taken by Fitz is a complete waste of time that serves not a single purpose.

Yeah. That's me too. Every year the season starts with great anticipation which quickly turns to anxiety then depression. Guess which stage I am at now? I understand why Bowles continues to start Fitzpatrick, but I couldn't care less if he gets us meaningless wins at this point of the season. Sigh.

39 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

My only desire to watch is to see Petty get a few starts to see if he can possibly start next season. Also leonard williams is a rare bright spot. I like the young recievers too

The only thing left in the season is to see if Petty is any good.  Otherwise who cares about watching Fitz throw ducks and picks on our way to 6-10

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

BigRy, you are awfully enthusiastic, positive, and pretty rah rah.

You remind me of RayRay (aka Rah Rah) from JI.

Your avatar of Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday is a poor choice.  He was cynical and pensive. 

Perhaps you should change it to that sorority chick from Van Wilder?  "Anything I can do for you today Richard?!?!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb4_MF7eaVTzltqmfRMqi

Yeah maybe it's more productive to sit and whine about my football team instead of just rooting for the team and enjoying football......

I will still watch as much as I can. There are 8 months of the year without Jets football so I'm going to make the most of what we have. I want to see the younger guys develop and make plays, even if the end result is academic this year.

One thing that will cost me / spare me a lot of viewing time is the time difference here in the UK - all these prime time games coming up start at about 1.30 AM, so I'll miss those. And with Xmas Eve and New Year's Day games kicking off at 6pm, I may only have two games left (Rams & Niners) that I'll get to see any of live.

1 hour ago, August said:

This season is the first time I've ever been emotionally disinterested about the Jets. I watch but it's like I could careless about who won or lost.

My sentiments exactly. Only thing that will make me change is if they get rid of sh*thead Fitz and let Petty play. Other than that, they can go to hell. And this is from a 37 year ticket holder.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

My sentiments exactly. Only thing that will make me change is if they get rid of sh*thead Fitz and let Petty play. Other than that, they can go to hell. And this is from a 37 year ticket holder.

I feel your pain and agree. 

I gave up on the season tickets years ago after a long run 23 years. 

Football Sunday needs to get fun again. 

Im sick and tired of Ryan Fitzpatrick football too have been since they signed him in 2015. 

Archived