#### New York Jets vs Los Angeles Rams --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

It is game day. The Jets are at home and although the season isn't going the way anyone wanted, could it be the start of a new era? There are rumors that Bryce Petty will be making his first career start in place of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Here is our official NY Jets game preview.

If you are going to the game, drive safe, enjoy the tailgate and be loud.

If you are watching at home, eat your faces off, enjoy the game and be loud.

Let's go Jets!!!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

If Petty starts it will be a Fitz game plan.  The field will not be stretched, the passes will be dumpoff safe, not much ouside the lines.  The Rams could defend that with 10

Hopefully the way they gameplanned for Geno and the way they called plays for Bryce last week isn't indicative of what's to come today. Open up the playbook, let it rip, and let's see what the kid has. No sense in babying the guy. 

Also, hopefully, the line doesn't get him killed. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hopefully the way they gameplanned for Geno and the way they called plays for Bryce last week isn't indicative of what's to come today. Open up the playbook, let it rip, and let's see what the kid has. No sense in babying the guy. 

Also, hopefully, the line doesn't get him killed. 

Ha ha. Yes, the line. Brrrrr.

9 hours ago, Pac said:

No he won't.  Odds are he'll suck.

But THANK GOD I don't have to watch Fitz!!

Well no not your house. You will Sip White Russians with pursed lips and discuss with the exquisite lady friend how the fall foliage really sets off the splendor of the Rochester canals. 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

8FF1D887-2F2E-41E0-A824-DE1E512990CC_zps

Just cut the pom-pom off my 2016 Season Ticket Holder Exclusive knit hat.

It's so on.

SAR I

Why did they go with Brown in the label? Poop and UPS are both brown. Then again Jets been delivering crap to us for enough years that it's actually a pretty reasonable choice. 

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well no not your house. You will Sip White Russians with pursed lips and discuss with the exquisite lady friend how the fall foliage really sets off the splendor of the Rochester canals. 

We'll also discuss the preliminary steps that need to be taken in order to make America great again. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The matching scarf is available on E-bay for $9.99 if your interested. 

joewilly12

jetsnikekohoodie_zpsleblqvlj.jpg

I'm not a scarf man.  I have the matching baseball cap though.

Not sure if I should go Jets for full Titans.  Blue and gold might not be good colors to wear today.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why did they go with Brown in the label? Poop and UPS are both brown. Then again Jets been delivering crap to us for enough years that it's actually a pretty reasonable choice. 

Yeah, not sure why the patch is a different shade of green, more like a military green than a bright green.

Better than the cooler they gave me; I can't wear that to the game.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

jetsnikekohoodie_zpsleblqvlj.jpg

I'm not a scarf man.  I have the matching baseball cap though.

Not sure if I should go Jets for full Titans.  Blue and gold might not be good colors to wear today.

SAR I

No stick with the green and enjoy the game and the great weather. 

Bryce Petty era begins and you get to witness it in person.  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, not sure why the patch is a different shade of green, more like a military green than a bright green.

Better than the cooler they gave me; I can't wear that to the game.

SAR I

That tag  is green? Looks Brown to me. Then again Mrs Crusher had tan slacks on the other day and to me it's not brown but shiitake. Pretty impressive pair of slacks if they truly are made from mushrooms. You ever wear hemp? I haven't but it seems like a trend. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

And as the backup?  I mean, if they're using fitz's injury to justify not starting him why dress him at all?

The challenge is if Fitz doesn't dress and Petty gets hurt or exacerbates his previous injury we are looking at Hack or more likely Bilal Powell as the QB. 

I expect, and maybe the Rams expect, the Jets to go run heavy with a QB starting his first game behind an O-line that has back-ups at key positions.  That said, looking forward to seeing Petty stretch the field with Anderson and maybe Smith, when he gets the chance.  Biggest concern is Petty getting seriously injured.  Don't want to see him rehabbing something in the off season, as he could realistically be the starter next year.

whatever happens, I am much more interested in the way the veteran leaders react to being called out nationally as lazy check cashers

do they play the game of their life or lay down?

I am looking direclty at mo wilk, revis, and richardson 

if petty plays even decent with ilalana blocking quinn and mangold out with only half the reps and everybody knowing he is green it will be a miracle.  

gailey must do him a favor and throw in early downs with simple reads.  punting is a good thing today and if they get to 3rd and 11 a draw or screen is ok. 

Archived