Petty was bad

kevinc855

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly certain Petty was on the shortest leash possible.  It was one read plays, drop back throw here.  So that means for instance the int wasn't on him, but it also means that most of his completions were basically coaches reading weaknesses in the defense and weren't really much of his doing either.

So its very hard to evaluate Petty other than he seemed to lack pocket presence and the misses on the run weren't encouraging.

At the end of the day, its very hard to win in the NFL when you don't give your QB some leeway.  Eventually defensive coordinaters will pick up the OC's playcalling and shut it down.  That was the int at the end of the game.

That's the cold hard reality. 6 points on the board, a missed td pass, a few other missed open passes and a late interception to lose the game. Yes he had a nice throw to Anderson but beside that I didn't see much. All in all, he looked bad in my humble opinion 

So what's your point?

16 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

Y'all can spin it however you want but the play calling did him zero favors. I agree that he missed some easy throws however

I think he missed two passes that are musts.  The pass to Anderson obviously, and the pass where he scrambled to his left and missed Enunwa.  I don't think playing against the Rams defense, our patched Oline, and the pussy play calling did him any favors either.

Bryce Petty was atrocious. Ryan Fitzpatrick is better at attacking down the field.

It was only one game but Petty showed no will to be aggressive.

I can safely assume that the game plan didn't involve not getting Brandon Marshall the ball. Bryce Petty has to get his best players involved. He was to comfortable checking down to Powell all day.

everyone wanted Petty to start knowing that he needed to get experience for next year expecting him to be learning and now he's being crucified because he didn't pay like tom brady.  the only way you learn is from experience and the only way you get experience is by playing.  the season is lost, let him play and learn by his mistakes.  If he doesn't learn then it's tim to reload at qb.

Petty was Fitz with hope at least. Fitz ain't getting any better, and he's not going to be here next year. It was Petty's first game. We're not going to the playoffs, that was abundantly clear 7 weeks ago, keep throwing Petty out there and focus on developing Hack on the side as well. Fitz should be shut down for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the Rams made second half adjustments that Petty couldn't figure out. Because in the second half esp he looked to me confused. Why they didn't throw deep a few times more I don't know. Basically as the game progressed I had no confidence that Petty could bring us back. As for him being a prospect. It remains to be seen. He didn't win any points today, though. 

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Petty was Fitz with hope at least. Fitz ain't getting any better, and he's not going to be here next year. It was Petty's first game. We're not going to the playoffs, that was abundantly clear 7 weeks ago, keep throwing Petty out there and focus on developing Hack on the side as well. Fitz should be shut down for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the game, but anything is better than putting Fitzpatrick back in. If they dont want Petty put in Hackenberg or there's simply no reason to watch the Jets for the rest of the season. 

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That's the cold hard reality. 6 points on the board, a missed td pass, a few other missed open passes and a late interception to lose the game. Yes he had a nice throw to Anderson but beside that I didn't see much. All in all, he looked bad in my humble opinion 

YOU DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL.

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You rooted against him the whole game and called him boy wonder. Feel better now? Get lost.

Archived