THIS LOSS WAS ALL ON THE COACHES!!!

Tony The Wiz

You playing at home and you have nothing to lose and all year with an a below average QB you throwing the ball all over the place and today you play a team that likes their safetys and LBS to play up and you allow that. All game you throw 2 passes over 20 yards and one was completed and the other was open but just missed. At the end Petty gets intercepted on what else but a 5 yard button by the receiver. i have watched this kid at Baylor and he has the arm and he shreaded a great Michigan St. team in the bowl game so he has potential.  Terrible game plan and some heads need to roll.  

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

You playing at home and you have nothing to lose and all year with an a below average QB you throwing the ball all over the place and today you play a team that likes their safetys and LBS to play up and you allow that. All game you throw 2 passes over 20 yards and one was completed and the other was open but just missed. At the end Petty gets intercepted on what else but a 5 yard button by the receiver. Terrible game plan and some heads need to roll.  

Agreed.  Let's just hope they don't go back to Fitz.  

The problem with this team is they do not have testicles. Balls. Cojones. Marbles. And I'm sorry but that's most certainly a product of leadership. From both the coaching staff and the veterans on this team. They are unlikable, unwatchable, and they legit play like they'd rather be doing something else.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

To me they always look like they are playing scared and not to lose. Today was no exception. At the end of the half was a perfect example. 11 seconds left, why not throw a long pass?

Offensively they were definitely coaching scared.  Petty has and arm.  Let him use it.  The only way to evaluate him is to let him play.  Quit the dink and dunk crap.  I'm so sick of this coaching staff.

Offensively they were definitely coaching scared.  Petty has and arm.  Let him use it.  The only way to evaluate him is to let him play.  Quit the dink and dunk crap.  I'm so sick of this coaching staff.

I have to agree on this. You do not play to not lose. You play to win the game. This has been Todd Bowels problem all season (I refuse to call him coach at this point). That and an offensive line that has not protected the run's advances since Mangold was injured.

The coaching staff either had to actually WORK like they did in the second half of the Cleveland game or resign at the end of the season (something we know will not happen).

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Also, Petty can sprint out, why not do that? Why not run a hurry up? Do something besides run, run, incomplete / sack and punt.

We're lulling defenses into believing we have nothing else to do. That way we can fake out every team on the back end of our schedule and make that playoff run. 

Look at it this way:  If the Jets were a 6-2 team, today's game plan might have made sense.  Play not to lose and try like hell to prevent Petty from making a mistake until Fitz can get back in there.

But at 3-6 you have to let Bryce Petty play to his strengths.  And that is downfield passing.

Petty should have gotten a full week of practice reps and been given a gameplan of downfield passes.

I'm ok with losing.  I'm not okay with playing "not to lose" in a season when we're headed towards a top 10 pick.

19 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Of course it was. Fire Bowles!!!! 

Lets not actually look at the talent on our team and criticize them. Bowles hasn't delivered us a Super Bowl yet. He needs to go!!!!!!!

Lets fire Bowles, hire a new Head Coach and give him a season and a half to deliver us a champion. Otherwise, on the next one...

Are you crying for Toddy? LOL

It wasn't good play calling today, because this is a really good defense.  They bring good pressure, but they didn't today and it threw off the game plan.  They gave plenty of looks like they would blitz and then backed off at the snap.  The offense was immensely predictable though because it was run up the gut, short pass, run up the gut, run up the gut, short pass, punt.  

Although, Petty didn't take advantage when he did have a shot.  There were definitely some missed passes.  The pass break up by Ogeltree on Enunwa, he had Peake wide open underneath it.  The interception, while a great play by Ogeltree, shouldn't have been thrown to the inside.   

36 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

To me they always look like they are playing scared and not to lose. Today was no exception. At the end of the half was a perfect example. 11 seconds left, why not throw a long pass?

Frankly, they are ultra conservative - actually that doesn't denote it accurately -  and play not to lose that is why they need to go... to trot this kid out and them hamstring him with an absolutely terrible GP is atrocious coaching no matter how they try to spin it....

40 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

The CS was far too conservative with Petty today.  We should have tried some more play action and fly routes to open up the offense a little. 

Agreed. Bowles is a dope. He doesn't  understand that running all day with an avereage RB like Forte puts a ton of pressure on Petty to convert 3rd and longs. I'd rather see what Petty can do off play action on 1st down. 
Unfortunately, this is what you get when you merge a defensive minded HC with a 89 year old OC. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Agreed.  Let's just hope they don't go back to Fitz.  

Bowles can't do that and I think even HE knows it. He opened the door and started Petty so you gotta give him the rest of the season unless he gets hurt. Fitz is not part of the future of this team but Petty might be. You need a solid sample size to make a rational decision on him. The final six games will be enough to give the team enough information on going forward with him or cutting bait. Can't go back to Fitz though. At 3-7 this team is toast and will finish 5-11 at best.

53 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

For him and the next guy you guys are willing to fire at the first sign of struggle, and the one after that, and that...

First sign of struggle???? Where the bleepity bleep have you been all season??? Bowles has blown one game after another and his super, ultra conservative game plan was terrible. The Rams knew the Jets would throw nothing but dump offs and short hook patterns, so they pushed up. One good play fake could have seen Anderson get deep for a big one. Petty has a cannon and can throw accurately deep. Gailey never opened things up and Bowles doesn't pay it any mind.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

First sign of struggle???? Where the bleepity bleep have you been all season??? Bowles has blown one game after another and his super, ultra conservative game plan was terrible. The Rams knew the Jets would throw nothing but dump offs and short hook patterns, so they pushed up. One good play fake could have seen Anderson get deep for a big one. Petty has a cannon and can throw accurately deep. Gailey never opened things up and Bowles doesn't pay it any mind.

Right.  Like when he had Anderson uncovered for an easy TD and completely missed him.

Accurate.

3 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

First sign of struggle? This is your problem. 

Believe it or not.  NFL teams give coaches full seasons to evaluate them. So far he's got one good year and one bad year. Yeah. That's the first sign.  

Coaches, on average, get (and deserve) 3 years.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

100% on coaching.  All the talent on this team and you cant muster a win vs. the Rams.

Fire Bowles.  Legit, I'd fire him tonight if I were Woody.

I wouldn't because it wouldn't be fair to Bowles. And I dont want to beome a revolving door of coaches. That's what the Browns do

I would dump Gailey immediately after the season is over

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Believe it or not.  NFL teams give coaches full seasons to evaluate them. So far he's got one good year and one bad year. Yeah. That's the first sign.  

Coaches, on average, get (and deserve) 3 years.

Sitting on the ball at the end of halves last year. Yea that's the first sign. Bad challenges last year. Yea that's the first sign. Bad clock management last year. Yea that's the first sign. Bad personnel decisions last year. Yea that's the first sign. Not having a good GP or the team up to beat a division rival in a win-and-in game last year. Yea that's the first sign. Only beating two teams with winning records in two years. Yea that's the first sign. 

32 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

First sign of struggle? This is your problem. 

The teams not that good. They aren't going to magically start winning games now. Are you going to be even more furious when New England beats up on us in 2 weeks? It doesn't get better in one week. This season has been a struggle. But you have to give a coach a chance to fix it.

He and the GM can't just infuse a whole new team onto the field in a week. Good luck finding the coach and GM who can.

They're going to need the off season to try and fix things. But i'm sure you don't want to give them a chance. You want them fired, we'll bring in a new group who will have initial success, we'll proclaim them great, and then if we have a set back you'll want them fired too. I get it.

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right.  Like when he had Anderson uncovered for an easy TD and completely missed him.

Accurate.

I said that in my post. Just because you miss once doesn't mean you give up on it. The play was there to be made and given another shot he may have made it. We'll never know because Gutless Bowles and Goofy Gailey went so conservative that the Rams could probably tell what was coming on any given play.

i am not going to blame the coaching, i dont think i am qualified to...however...its clear that they dont believe in Petty as the answer at QB. They played like they were afraid that he was going to lose the game for them. i keep going back to the fact that Hack is our only hope at this point (even if thats a sad statement). the crop of college QB's seems to be mediocre and we will still be stuck with like the 6th pick when its set and done.

Archived