If Woody had any balls he would fire Bowles now at the bye and promote Gailey as interim HC

Jetsbb

Bowles will want to start Fitz vs the Patriots to try to pat his record since he knows he will be fired at the end of the season for allowing his team to quit on him. Bowles "specialty" is defense and secondary and he has proven to be clueless at it so he really serves no purpose other than to make mistake filled in game calls. The only reason they would keep Bowles is so they won't have to admit their mistake even though everyone knows it's just delaying the inevitable.

I don't think Bowles gas anything to do with the offense. He can't even run the defense and has his hands full on that side of the ball. Gailey is in complete control of the offense and Bowles let's Gailey make the offensive calls. Gailey and Fitz's lovefest goes way back. They both had their best years in their careers with each other and are locked in a 2011 time warp. Bowles said he wanted to get more involved in the offense this year but I don't think that transpired considering some of his clueless post game comments throughout the season concerning the offense.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

our next HC is watching

woody needs to publicly support bowles 100% and pledge to give him all the tools he needs to win

then let the whole ******* thing burn down and start over, lol

The day after the regular NFL season ends Woody needs to fire everyone GM and entire coaching staff. 

They are all going at the end of the season so what does it matter? Let Bowles stay. The way he coaches we will have a higher pick the longer he stays. Too bad no good QB prospect will available.  Say no to Romo or Cutler. Not another past his prime bum please. Gimme Kirk Cousins. That's if the Redskins let him go.

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Only to you. 0-10 speaks for itself

The Browns aren't paying an old QB 12 million, an old CB 17 million, a lazy DT 17 million, an old RB 5 million.

3-7 & we're TRYING TO WIN THIS YEAR, the Browns are loaded with draft picks in an obvious total rebuild.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The Browns aren't paying an old QB 12 million, an old CB 17 million, a lazy DT 17 million, an old RB 5 million.

3-7 & we're TRYING TO WIN THIS YEAR, the Browns are loaded with draft picks in an obvious total rebuild.

Arguing being in a situation like the Jets or the Browns is silly. Yes they have a lot of picks...but they have been doing this for years. Same with the Jags, the Raiders, etc. (who were awful for years and finally found their QB in the second round). The NFL can change so quickly and teams that weren't necessarily trying to rebuild, like the Seahawks, can strike gold. We need to worry about finding a good head coach and our future QB. We can do this without tanking. 

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Only to you. 0-10 speaks for itself

Get real. Gailey is a lot of the reason why we are losing week in and week out. Even last year when Fitz was at his best the playcalling sucked, especially in the red zone. This year it has been unbelievably awful and contributed to underperformance across the board. Even if Bowles is telling him to play conservatively and eat the clock he's doing it in the worst way possible. 

I am not one to want to uproot parts of the team at the first sign of trouble but I have a hard time justifying what I think Bowles turns around in year three. Every unit on the team except maybe WR is performing worse than last year in spite of unloading dead weight across the roster. The team severely lacks discipline or a sense of control on the field.

We need a coaching staff who can develop a young QB, among other young players. I don't know that Bowles or Gailey are right for that job. Unfortunately I also worry that discharging the coaching staff after two years will make it more difficult to hire quality coaches who fear replacement after two years. There's not an easy answer here. Woody can cut Bowles if he knows Mac can locate an effective replacement. If there's a question mark to Bowles's replacement then it might make more sense to give Bowles another year while Mac builds the roster and seeks out a replacement. At least in that scenario Mac can blame Woody for Bowles's hiring and insist Woody let him pick his own HC.

Archived