Kerley 7 recs 71 yards and a td

drdetroit

Kerley isn't winning games for San Francisco either. But he's a good player and I don't know why Gailey couldn't find a spot for him. Sure I'd take Q over him but he could have used them both. I do like our 3 rookie receivers esp Anderson. He's starting to look like the guy we saw in pre-season. He can play. And speaking of Q. Why not more targets. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Kerley isn't winning games for San Francisco either. But he's a good player and I don't know why Gailey couldn't find a spot for him. Sure I'd take Q over him but he could have uses them both. I do like our 3 rookie receivers esp Anderson. He's starting to look like the guy we saw in pre-season. He can play. And speaking of Q. Why not more targets. 

Well it would help to have a qb who could actually make reads and throw.

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Well it would help to have a qb who could actually make reads and throw.

Look, it was the kid's first start. We'd been hearing all along he wasn't ready. We went into the season carrying 4 Qbs and it's possible all 4 will play this season. 

I liked Kerley but compared to the receivers we have today he would be competing for what, 5/6 WR? Decker, Marshall and Q are all better receivers. Q is a bigger WR that Gailey likes. Kerley is a small WR Gailey dislikes. There's a good argument that when he left he was comparable to marginally better than Peake, J. Marshall or Anderson. Those guys cost $450k each this year. Q gets $525k. Kerley would be paid $2.5MM. You keep Kerley you have to figure out something to do with the other guys, plus D. Smith, because they would likely all get snatched off the practice squad.

Given Decker's injury and Marshall's apparent injury, sure, Kerley would have come in handy this season but (1) we already have other sufficient depth at WR and (2) given the QB situation it wouldn't really matter.

Really? Out of all the valid issues you can have with management Jeremy Kerley is the one you are choosing? A guy that we cut and the only team that wanted him was a team with ZERO talent at WR. 

If you honestly think this franchise would be better off with Kerley over guys like Enunwa, Anderson, Peake or Marshall you are nuts. You are even crazier if you think any team in the NFL would have given us a draft pick for Kerley. 

Archived